Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The powerball had a 300 million dollar winner. What would you do with the money?  (Read 6268 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
Do any people here invest in lottery tickets? I bought one last week but did not win of course. I wonder what would you do with the money. The jackpot was 300 mill. Of course you wouldnt get nearly that much. How much personal wealth would you keep and do you need all of it? Would you give to charity, start businesses, contribute to ideas and projects? Would you expect a kick back? Or how about trying to redirect Castlevania and make a new game or games or maybe continue the series the way it is?

I would probably have to limit my access to that money as it would probably be more than I want to deal. Yeah I know then why did I buy the ticket? I would start businesses. In what I have no idea. All I know is the employees would not be getting shitty wages also I would invest in their education so that they could better themselves other ways. Of course college does not guarantee a chance of a good living. How would you assess this problem?

Many of you are probably more well informed than I am on worldly issues like the market and where to put money. I would probably think about investing in comodities and make sure that workers who if are well skilled are the real commodities in this economy.

How much do you think it would cost you to license and produce a Castlevania game?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:12:53 PM by The Whip Her Snapper »

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
As the old saying goes, "you gotta be in it to win it!"

I bought a ticket & only matched 2 numbers. I know I'm going to win one day, be it the megamillions, or a $1000 a week for life ticket. I don't always buy lottery tickets, only when I'm feeling lucky.

The dude that won the $332,000,000.00 lives in Rhode Island. It always seems to be middle-aged to old people that always wins these things, rarely do you see a twenty-something year old that's in college or something.

But when I win any jackpot, I'm definately getting a condo in NYC. Might get a pad in Miami, Florida, but I'll always keep the house I grew up in. Don't really need an expensive car since I already have a 2008 Altima, but I might buy a BMW or an Audi. Next, I'm using up all my vacation/sick/personal days at my job, then humbly part ways as I book my cruise vacation to the Bahamas. I'd give my close friends $1000 checks to take care of any debts, and just try to fuck as many celebrities as I can, since I'll be one of them now.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
DUde i've been shooting for rock stardum for almost 15 yrs. I don't know that it is as hard enough to break into but the odds are heavily against one their. Yeah that's even bigger odds probably for the lottery. I think getting struck by lightning would be the only thing more against your odds. Damn who wouldn't like that kind of money. Talk about securtiy! Well what would i do with that.........hmmmm. ;D ;D ;D

Probably keep myself secure, give money to my family,friends, and relatives. And give the rest to charity. No need to live to ridiculously. Hmm..... maybe i'd pay money to show a record rep my music and then have them sign my ass. I feel like my music is too good to be sitting on the shelf. It outta be on the radio. Believe me i'm not just saying that i have the songs to back it!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:04:26 PM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Would sure make kick starting my company easier...

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
what kind of company if you don't mind me asking?

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Game development. I'll be starting the studio some time next year one way or another.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The only problem of winning the lottery in the USA is that you're taxed on it. So 300 million could end up being a lot less then what you won. If I had this much I'd go live on a nice tropical island somewhere in the pacific. I would still go out and work cause in this day and age money fly's out the door much faster then it did ten or even twenty years ago.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Even one million is a crazy amount of money. You'd be sure to get much more at the very least.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Even one million is a crazy amount of money. You'd be sure to get much more at the very least.

No argument there. Just out of curiosity, how much would the 300 million be taxed off?
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
The official response to that seems to be;
Withholding varies according to the winner's place of residence.

As much as they feel like, lol.

For me, in upstate NY; $26,910,000 would be collected by the state, if I won $300,000,000
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:51:04 AM by uzo »

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
How much do you think it would cost you to license and produce a Castlevania game and if you won the powerball would you seek to try and purchase the rights to produce a game?

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
How much do you think it would cost you to license and produce a Castlevania game and if you won the powerball would you seek to try and purchase the rights to produce a game?

I agree. Get it away from Konami before the f**k it up even more.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
What would I do with 300 mill? Hmm finish my game collection, retire, do nothing, exercise with free time, eat well, and put some of it in the bank if I ever have kids so that they would have a future.

Also I believe in Powerball less than I believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus, it's another way for the state to take money from you (I work in a store that sells this shit and see people throw their money away).

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Couple of years ago, I wondered about that.
What would I do if I ever won a s**tload of money?

Buy a helicopter.
Then I would come up to girls in pubs and tell them:
"Hey, girl. Wanna see my 'copter?"
And she'll be like, "Get outta here!"
And I'll say,

"I've never been more serious in my life."
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I would complete Bloodreign's gaming collection and burn the rest.

The money, that is. Not the games.

Tags:

anything