Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula Underground  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: December 03, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »
I saw a new documentary on the history channel the other day called Dracula Underground.

It was really cool and had some information in it that I hadn't found before. Being involved in a game about the real life Dracula, I found it useful! It went into details about the castle structures Dracula resided in.

I just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone else who is also interested in the real Dracula, if anything just for the entertainment of it.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 05:32:17 PM »
I'm all about the real Dracula whom inspired the fictional character that made Castlevania! Do you have a link to this documentary?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 06:50:35 PM »
Is this an episode of Cities of the Underworld or a stand alone thing?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 09:36:45 PM »
Oooohh... I also need a link.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 06:35:52 AM »
Yes, I believe so. Despite getting a few details wrong (the documentary says his "forest of death" consisted of ten thousand impaled bodies, when it was actually twenty) and for whatever reason waiting until late in the episode to name certain things (i.e. mentioning Poenari a bunch of times before actually saying its name, referring to Radu only as "Dracula's brother," constantly calling Vlad "Dracula" to really make sure we know his connection to the vampire, etc.), it's a pretty accurate and in-depth coverage of the guy.

I personally would have liked to hear the Romanian equivalent of his famous nickname - Kazikli Bey - come up, one for accuracy and two just so I wasn't hearing "Vlad the Impaler" and "Impaler Prince" every few sentences, but it's a good documentary.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags:

anything