Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?  (Read 27855 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2013, 11:10:17 PM »
Not here in the us its not. In Japan hell yes it is. Monster Hunter sells lots of systems there. I wish it had the audience here that it has there

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2013, 11:16:27 PM »
Can you drop a Vita 4 feet with nothing more than a ding or slight chip on the frame? I've dropped my 3DS twice on tiled floor, three times on carpeted floor, and just recently on a road (fortunately no one ran over it). Until I dropped it on the road, it only had one teensy chip on the underside, barely noticeable. When I dropped it on the road, it bounced and rolled a bit, chipping off a significant chunk from the corner and cracking another corner INSIDE the case. But the screen still works. I think the gyroscope still works.It's just an ugly device now, is all.

Can the PSP take that kind of wear-and-tear?
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 04:21:41 AM »
+2
My 18 month daughter loves to play with my vita. It's not only been dropped, it's been thrown haha. Mostly on carpet but she dropped it once on the wood floor. The thing is tough as hell actually. I have a screen protector on it and if it weren't for that I'm sure it would be scratched. Well worth the $10 for the screen protector. I'm not sure about the 3DS but it seems like if you dropped it with the clam shell open it could be really bad.

The worst thing about the vita is the cost of storage cards.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 04:36:29 AM »
Why don't y'all show more love for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, hmm?

:<

That right there is worth the price of admission alone for a 3DS.
Admission to The Cool Kids' Club, that is.

I love my 3DS XL. Then again, I oftentimes enjoy "kiddy fare" more than the current slate of "grown-up" games. Giana Sisters DS, man... Just bought it, just beat it, just loved it. My kinda game.

It's depressing to hear about Mirror of Fate, though. I've long supported Castlevania games even when I wasn't too excited to play them, but I abandoned that idea now. Lords of Shadow I probably won't snag unless I see it for under $15, and MOF just...well, I guess I'll avoid. Or play the demo and decide from there. I wanted it to be a good game, though... Maybe it is. HEY! Maybe you're all frrrrrrrucking crazy and it rocks! ;D
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 04:50:39 AM »
+1
If you guys wants a great Metroidvania game on Vita, play Guacamelee. I made a topic here on the proper area.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »
+1
Wow I can't believe I haven't heard of this game. It looks awesome actually. I love the cross-play, cross save features. That works great with DOA5+ and I'm glad their doing that with more games on vita/ps3.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:23:39 PM by MontoyaGraphics »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »
I would've only gotten the system for a strong CastleVania.  I don't really care about anything else.

Except F-Zero.  But they haven't decided to make it yet.  They're, like, 15 versions of the DS late on that one, ne? 

Gradius, too. 

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2013, 11:47:49 AM »
+1
I've been waiting for a portable Super Smash Bros. game since the DS was first released.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »
I was thinking about F-Zero just the other day. No love for F-Zero, I guess. :poo:
"Stuff and things."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »
Can the PSP take that kind of wear-and-tear?

I bought a PSP when it first launched. To this day the only system I regret buying. It fell out of my hands once (I was sitting down hunched over) and it caused an awful grinding noise from the UMD device after that, but it still worked. Then the screen cracked while it was in my book-bag (despite being in its protective case) and that was all she wrote for that thing. I was so pissed I never bought another. Maybe the PSP's they make now are better, but not when I had one.
Like TA said though, the DS and 3DS have taken some abuse that had me cringing yet were much better than I expected.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »
No but for the psp its horrible the version of dracula x it haved, but graet games for the psp, like silent hill origin and shatered memory, and other of zombies i cant remember is infection, some thing that. The diference is 3ds the best game is mirror of fate and the other gemes is the filling of the portatil, psp valied for other games but castlevania no.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »
I played games on my DS more than my PSP, and my 3DS is sleeping in a corner waiting for some Japanese games that might be ported (it shall serve as my ds backup, ahahahahaha, but I think it will take a long time before that happens.)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2013, 10:36:40 AM »
I bought a PSP when it first launched. To this day the only system I regret buying. It fell out of my hands once (I was sitting down hunched over) and it caused an awful grinding noise from the UMD device after that, but it still worked. Then the screen cracked while it was in my book-bag (despite being in its protective case) and that was all she wrote for that thing. I was so pissed I never bought another. Maybe the PSP's they make now are better, but not when I had one.
Like TA said though, the DS and 3DS have taken some abuse that had me cringing yet were much better than I expected.
Funny that you say that, because the DS and the 3DS are made like Fisher Price toys. Completely crap building. Lot's of problems, like screens touching it other, hinges cracking, etc.

You need to be absolutelly careful with any portable, seriously. They're not the same anymore. From Gameboy to GBA, portable where almost indestrutible. Now? It just needs one fall for them to be destroyed. =/

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2013, 01:24:43 AM »
I find the PSP as a superior piece of technology than the NDS, but back when I had to choose which one to buy first, I chose NDS for obvious reasons (2 Castlevanias, and one more in the way).
Still, as of today, NDS has a far better catalog of games for my tastes, but both consoles have a pretty large list of games I like.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2013, 08:15:02 AM »
I agree about the psp! I also like your avatar pic =D