Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So....I actually really like Judgment... O_o  (Read 31999 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: So....I actually really like Judgment... O_o
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 03:28:34 PM »
+1
I like Trevor Beltmont. The eyepatch was a nice touch, and his design works, unlike Simon's, who is just Light Yagami.

relevant:

Trevor's theme is also one of the best renditions of Beginning ever.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 05:54:28 PM »
Everyone like some shit that most of the other people don't, seriously.

For example, I love a game called Tobal on PSX. No ONE likes that shit.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 06:16:28 PM »
Dude I like Tobal too! Although most people bought it for the sole reason to play the FFVII demo, hah

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 07:07:50 PM »
Dude I like Tobal too! Although most people bought it for the sole reason to play the FFVII demo, hah
Exactly. But I ended liking it. :P

Quest mode.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 07:15:18 PM »
I like Tobal, Ergheiz, and Power Stone.
So Judgment was kinda right up my alley.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 09:10:49 PM »
+1
So I just started playing CV Judgment and I think it's a really fun game. At first I was like:

O_o

But now I'm like:

:-D

It's fun. The characters are pretty easy to use, and while I hate some of the designs, much like Castlevania Puzzle, Pachislot, or The Arcade, I think it's a cool diversion from the normal series. Flame away...

I really do think it's a worthy entry into the Castlevania series though. It's a good look to have different kinds of games present in a series and Judgment is definitely different as far as CV is concerned. But I think they did do a good job with it. It's really kind of like Smash Bros but for the CV series and they really did a good job putting a lot of fanservice into the game, which is basically the whole point. I don't think they meant it to be a serious effort in the CV cannon,  but it's something fun for the fans, and I think the game itself was kind of misunderstood, but that's just me.

You are not alone. We here in Venezuela managed to held 8 tourneys (1 monthhly) for the game and gathered like 10 players in each. We got pretty hardcore into the game (read: hardcore =/= good haha) and loved everything from it.

If you guys like, check my YT playlists with ALL of the tourneys recorded (200 vids), and specially the last one, in wich we managed to outnumber MK9 with 29 entrants HA!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdsphO0F4xrmva_1HzgjtPbYR55gt4Lfk

A few stuff here and there and the game would be pretty balanced. I used low tier Simon and managed some good results after a lot of hard work!
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 11:07:17 PM »
I liked Judgment a lot as well, I really wish the game was released on PC or even 360/PS3.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 11:10:30 PM »
It's responsible for Shanoa's Judgment redesign and some music remixes.

That's about the other thing it's good for.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 08:12:11 AM »
I actually had a lot of fun playing Judgment with my friends! I used to bring a bunch of games/game systems to my friends' houses because I was the person who had all the multiplayer games. We had WAY to much fun with that game...more than we should have. I'm pretty sure us making commentary and dressing up the characters also helped us enjoy the game more. I also really enjoy the music in Judgment. I still have numerous tracks from it on my playlist.

Nowadays one of my friends has the multiplayer games we play, and I don't really buy multiplayer games anymore aside from fighting games.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 12:39:32 PM »
I always thought Judgment was a blast too. Like most have said the character designs were... different and for me personally I wish I could skip the special moves. They're cool the first few times but then it's a little too much.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »
At the time I wasn't very keen of a fighter. I was just waiting for the next MetroidVania to come out.
Right now, I'd be 100% invested in a Judgment 2. I'd be thrilled if they announce it (provided they keep it japanese in look and CV-ish in music).
The soundtrack was totally awesome.
And my favourite characters were, of course, Shanoa and Maria  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
Sometimes I like that Konami don't really hear anyone from this site... :P

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »
I liked Judgment a lot as well, I really wish the game was released on PC or even 360/PS3.

Actually I'm playing it on my PC.  :-X

Sometimes I like that Konami don't really hear anyone from this site... :P

And why is that?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 05:04:19 PM »
+1
Man, I expected nothing from this game yet I had a ton of fun with it. I played it obsessively last fall. Too bad it got the reviews it did; the game wasn't anything particularly special but beyond the character designs it wasn't god awful either.

I actually like Simon's redesign, chuu~

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 09:55:04 PM »
Actually I'm playing it on my PC.  :-X
That's nice! The game looks great in HD!

And why is that?
It must be because I said that at this point I would be more invested in Judgment 2 than in "some other" kind of game (meaning that Judgment 2 (heck, even Harmony of Despair 2) would be better than another reboot type or epic grand game for me).
I know it could get annoying for some people, but it is way more difficult to be in my place. Since Order of Eclessia I'm waiting for the new Castlevania. And, in a weird way, Judgment and Harmony of Despair kind of filled that empty space all this time that I'm enduring, waiting for the MS trilogy to end.
I wish it would already be 2014 so we know what the future of Castlevania is.
In the meantime, it's unavoidable for me to say things like that, from time to time (respectfully, of course).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:06:01 PM by Pfil »
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.