Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Soshiro Hokkai returns...  (Read 4232 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« on: November 22, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »
...in a Kickstarter for an RPG game based on early USA history. He's the guest composer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitbonton/americana-dawn-historical-rpg

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 07:31:06 PM »
Good art, graphics, music and history while gameplay looks like Breath of Fire mixed with Advance Wars, this game needs to be funded and greenlit.

You can use a whip as weapon :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:35:03 PM »
Quite the unique idea for an RPG! I don't think I've ever seen one about early NA history before. At least not to this extent. I also like how they're using similar SNES sounds in order to compose the music. That'll be a great bit of nostalgia.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:26:29 AM »
Shnabubula is a top-notch musician as well, and this is a rare thing for him to be composing for this game as he's the type that has said in the past he'd never compose for a video game. Having Hokkai on the billing also is icing to be sure. I'll probably be reporting on this for OSV in the near future. I'd love to interview them both.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 11:40:18 PM »
Now the hardest part is to get funded.

Offline SunGodPortal

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 03:43:21 PM »
Cool. I don't care what anyone says, the music on HoD rules.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 05:08:51 PM »
Now the hardest part is to get funded.

Yeah, I just wrote up a little something for this....and then took a look at what the funding is at and I have to say that it seems to be getting off to a slow start. It's only got about 20% funding after well over a week. That's unusual for something that already had a bit of traction with a previous "Alpha-Build" kickstarter and the names it has composing for it.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 02:15:03 PM »
This could really use the signal boost, so here's a interview I did with composer Shnabubula for the game....making mention of his working with Hokkai.

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/interview-with-americana-dawns-composer-shnabubula/

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 10:41:28 PM »
Nice interview, Sindra. :)

Tags: