Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: D9 does crappy VA  (Read 12844 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 03:10:01 PM »
Great work, D9! :D  Please post more of these! :D
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 09:26:18 AM »
So I've recently submitted a bunch of auditions over on Casting Call--figured I'd put 'em up here.

One is for a Megaman Zero 2 fandub, and the other is for an FFIX fandub.

I'm posting them all as single tracks for ease, and will list the characters in order.

Final Fantasy IX
Characters: Amarant, Dr. Tot, Garland, Kuja

Megaman Zero 2
Characters: Elpis/Elpizo, Cerveau, Hyleg Ourobuckle, Dr. Weil

Unrelated from those, here's a shitty Joker I got bored and did without really putting any real effort into it--just a dumb silly test, really.
A bat in the hand is worth two in the belfry!

*dances away*

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 10:59:05 PM »
I only listened to FF9 since I am not fond of Megaman.
NICE!
Amarant kinda sounds like Ezio, no?.... Then this means try the characters from Assassin's Creed!
Kuja~♥!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 04:56:25 AM »
Yeah--I always imagined Amarant with a Spanish or Middle-Eastern accent--the catch is that there are some similar mouth arrangements for those as well as Italian accents (with most of the action being in the front of the mouth, the lips, and the tip of the tongue), so I guess it does sound a bit Italian, huh?

Kuja's head is a lot of fun to get into. He's so fab and melodramatic, I love it.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 01:21:37 AM »
Yeah. It sounds Italian but it's ok.
Fab characters are always fun to play. :)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 04:56:07 AM »
Update--I got the role for Cerveau in the MMZ project.

The FFIX project is still being reviewed by the caster, but three of my four were rejected--my Garland remains on the table for now. But I received a PM for two of the rejected auditions stating that the caster wanted to keep in touch for recurring roles, which came with the stipulation of "only specific individuals qualify for this." I'm feeling pretty stoked about that, despite the rejections (though I can't fault him, the ones he chose definitely deserved to get the roles).

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 11:30:36 PM »
Congrats on getting the role!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2016, 07:33:16 AM »
Dude, dat VA.
It has the Anime/Cartoon vibe but sounds genuine enough to be a "real" voice.

Got any tips?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2016, 08:12:01 AM »
Aside from general things like "know your strengths and weaknesses, don't force anything, if it hurts the throat don't do it in excess, even a rejection is a learning experience," not really. I've not been at this long enough to really be able to dish out any real advice.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 01:30:26 PM »
Killer Croc for an animated DC comic
Scarecrow, for the same

I also sent one in for Dracula, who features in the comic in question, but you've all heard me do Dracula enough times by now to know what it sounds like, plus the lines aren't super interesting.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 12:12:36 AM »
i like your stuff yeah i been doing some voices for my monkey king dub did all the voices in monkey king 1 2014 and doing all the voices in monkey king 2 2016 but only dubbed 28 minutes of it so far you can find it in this post if you want to see it

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,8751.0.html

i plan to do my own monkey king radio drama and see if i can sell it on ebay being journey to the west is in the public domain i can write my own story and copy write it i even buying jttw Costumes to do my cd art but got a long way to go anyway I'm new to all this but i use a Blue yeti pro with Cool edit 200 and Audacity for more effects
are they any programs you really like that give you effects to help your voice?
i use the pitch to make the girl voices sound more girly and i've used echo and reverb for echo sounds but don't know many other effects always happy to learn
thanks

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 08:38:20 AM »
Everything I do as far as vocal effects and changes are done in Audacity, Soundforge, and/or FL Studio, and is usually some combination of two of the programs.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »
cool i'll have to look up them two programs and play with them had no clue fl could do voice effects was thinking it only made music thanks

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 03:10:51 PM »
Random news: I just auditioned for a couple of roles in Mass Effect: Andromeda a bit ago.

I'll keep updates on it posted.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 07:14:37 AM »
Another random thing--I felt like I cheated myself only doing that one excerpt from Ricordanza, and only Olrox at that.

Soooooooooooo naturally I did the entire scene between he and Death, and dolled the thing up like it were a radio drama.

I wanna say "heads up, compressor might've made the audio sound a bit odd," but my speakers are beginning to die so I don't know for certain how much they can be trusted.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xbd7db2p6x0yzsi/ricordanza_scene.mp3?dl=0

*starts building a Shiroi summoning circle*

Tags:

anything