Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania 35th Anniversary  (Read 6112 times)

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Castlevania 35th Anniversary
« on: October 30, 2020, 05:55:13 AM »
So next year marks the 35th anniversary of Castlevania. What do you guys think we'll get? A collection, a music CD, an international release of Moonlight Rhapsody or something more?

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 06:07:02 AM »
Assuming they'll even celebrate the 35th anniv, I'd love Castlevania Anniversary Collection 2 with Legends, Chronicles, Rondo, SNES Dracula X, Symphony of the Night, and the N64 and GBA titles. Something like that. Closer looks at Resurrection and Bloodletting for the bonus section would be cool too.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 01:57:35 AM »
+2
I'm assuming nothing would come out of Konami.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 08:18:59 AM »
If I see another re-release of Symphony of the Night I will blow my fucking brains out

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 10:51:23 AM »
Assuming they'll even celebrate the 35th anniv, I'd love Castlevania Anniversary Collection 2 with Legends, Chronicles, Rondo, SNES Dracula X, Symphony of the Night, and the N64 and GBA titles. Something like that. Closer looks at Resurrection and Bloodletting for the bonus section would be cool too.

I'd also want this too. It would make for a decent collection.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 02:39:05 PM »
@X @Puritan

Why do you guys want SotN taking up space on another hypothetical collection? It was included in the Requiem collection, DXC, you can literally download & play it right now on your cellphones, you can download it on any gaming streaming service, it’s on XBox Live, PlayStation 4, it’s included on the PlayStation Classic console, etc. And most of you have the original copies already. Is that not enough?

Include Haunted Castle, or Adventure Rebirth instead of Symphony. Those game aren’t available anywhere, whereas Symphony you can play on almost any piece of hardware these days.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:19:17 PM by crisis »

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 06:13:32 PM »
+2
Tbh I did remember Requiem but I also thought of PC and Nintendo gamers, who otherwise haven't been able to play SOTN and Rondo on their system of choice.

...crisis, you just gave me a wonderful idea. Let Konami skip Rondo for a hypothetical Anniv Collection 2, but keep SNES Dracula X and replace SOTN with Nocturne in the Moonlight! That way, those two titles will be preserved for a new generation and Anniv Collection 2 can stand out as having the franchise's two alternate takes on the Dracula X saga. I think the fans and completionists would love that.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 04:50:11 AM »
Now that I agree with! I’m just tired of seeing Symphony getting a port every other year whereas there are other games that never get the same treatment. A lot of people don’t even know Adventure Rebirth exists & it’s stuck on WiiWare. It still baffles me how IGA refused to fix the Nocturne exclusive content for DXC, updating it for a new collection would be a perfect opportunity.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 09:04:29 AM »
+1
Well SotN doesn't need to be included. It's true that it's been released to death, but the other games mentioned would be a great addition to have considering how obscure most of them are now.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 04:00:48 PM »
Speaking of, they better include the MSX Vampire Killer and Order of Shadows in an Anniv Collection 3. No way those two should fall into obscurity.

Also, LOI and COD can get an HD rerelease of their own (Requiem 2?) along with bonus content like the lost LOI manga and a digital version of the COD manga.

Offline Simsure

• A games creator
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 07:12:17 PM »
Even Nintendo doesn't do anything about some of his major franchise on their anniversary, look at metroid for example.
Annyversary Collection v.2 would be amazing, but Konami will probably be silent as always.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 08:39:56 AM »
Even Nintendo doesn't do anything about some of his major franchise on their anniversary, look at metroid for example.

Well Metroid Prime 4 is in the works although I had heard the original production had been scrapped and they're rebuilding it from the ground-up. But at least Nintendo is trying to do something with it despite that hic-up. Konami on the other hand seem far less interested in doing anything with CV at the moment. And Unfortunately it may be a very long time until they manage to crowbar their heads out from their own black holes.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 07:31:26 AM »
I'd be down with another collection. It might be an unpopular opinion, but I would like to have a collection with Dracula X and the 64 games. The GBA and DS games could be cool too. I know the DS games have parts with the stylus but maybe those can be edited out?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »
Well we got the Cocklevania collection with Lord of Shadow, the DLC, and Mirror of Fate

Then there was the Tupac collection featuring Harmony of Dissonance & Aria of Sorrow for gba. Unfortunately Circle of the Moon was omitted

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 04:20:55 PM »
I'd like to see a new Castlevania for the anniversary.  Like a new title.  Only so many times can we get a greatest hits re-re-re-re-release.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Tags: