Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274059 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #795 on: November 26, 2015, 05:17:23 PM »
If this is your first try, It's a very good one. My first try was defenitely... special.

(click to show/hide)
Thanks man  ;D That doesn't look bad dude, i like the color detail in it!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
  • Experimental fan games galore!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #796 on: November 27, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »
@ronny
Thanks for the input on the shadows, I'll definitely try that out. This has been my first true attempt so fasho I'll make all the noob mistakes lol. And you're right, I rig the sprite with bones to animate. Like i mentioned i'll try lowering the amount of frames and see where that goes. May clear it right up  ;)

No problem dude. I think a good way to go about this is choose a certain amount of frames from what you currently have. Then go through each frame individually adding these tiny corrections. I've found it helps a lot to have a shading/style reference always pasted next to the image you're modifying for reference. (I'd use the SOTN Alucard and Trevor for reference on these.) There's nothing wrong with using bones, it's an efficient way to get a rough draft of your sprites -  Spriting is best done in revisions.

Offline Koray Otsoa

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #797 on: December 14, 2015, 10:56:56 AM »
Those look really good man! I'm curious though, what made you decide to use create a LoS Trevor sprite instead of the one from CoD? If everyone's sporting a custom look that still pays tribute to their debut outfit, then won't this change make the game feel a little... off, especially on alucards route? Is it just for trevor or will everyone else get a makeover? Will the LoS costumes serve as alternates for Trevor, drac, and company like Richter in the Saturn version of SoTN?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #798 on: December 14, 2015, 01:58:24 PM »
Those look really good man! I'm curious though, what made you decide to use create a LoS Trevor sprite instead of the one from CoD? If everyone's sporting a custom look that still pays tribute to their debut outfit, then won't this change make the game feel a little... off, especially on alucards route? Is it just for trevor or will everyone else get a makeover? Will the LoS costumes serve as alternates for Trevor, drac, and company like Richter in the Saturn version of SoTN?
Thanks for the kind words man! (and welcome to the dungeon btw  ;D) I haven't decided yet to be honest. That was my first try at making a custom sprite but since it turned out well it may be an unlockable somewhere in the game  8) if it is though i'll definitely be remaking sypha and alucard in the LoS style. (and possibly Grant from Judgment)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:00:10 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #799 on: February 19, 2016, 10:39:59 PM »
hey! hi dude! what's wrong with the game?  :P ;D

Offline FeRcHuLeS

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Third Place
    • Awards
« Reply #800 on: March 11, 2016, 07:15:52 PM »
Hi, after the 2014's beta have you released another version if so could you please give me the link, that's the only thing stopping me from playing.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #801 on: March 18, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »
Hi, after the 2014's beta have you released another version if so could you please give me the link, that's the only thing stopping me from playing.
Hey man!  Thanks for the interest  8) to be honest, i had a LOT of shit going on in life; family issues, a new job (which is draining TONS of my time!) etc.  I was just at a point where i didn't have much interest in picking it back up, mainly due to the state the coding was in (total mess lol), but it did work.  But i'm giving it another go, hopefully being refreshed from my break from it lol, so with that said, i'm going to be taking a stab at recoding the majority of the game.  It's gonna be a hefty task, but this time around it will come VERY polished to make that game as good as it really deserves to be  ;D

Offline FeRcHuLeS

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #802 on: March 19, 2016, 01:40:32 PM »
So that release was the last one, Yeah I know what you're talking about that shit is a part of life It is always trying to knock us down :( and from the bottom of my heart thank you! for giving us a remake for free, these 2d games remakes are rare and I think Konami is never going to make one, take your time with this game man!! be patient don't let life shit to knock you down.:)   

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #803 on: May 19, 2016, 03:24:11 PM »
Hey folks, just got finished noodling around and thought it may be cool to do a straight up metal remix of Mad Forest  8)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jib1wvr67lbv9y1/Mad%20Forest%20Metal%21.mp3?dl=0

Its just a preview but tell me what you guys think so far!

Offline FeRcHuLeS

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #804 on: May 23, 2016, 07:20:21 PM »
I like it, I think a little less metal and is perfect, It sounds like SOTN music. :)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #805 on: May 28, 2016, 10:49:18 PM »
I like it, I think a little less metal and is perfect, It sounds like SOTN music. :)
Thanks dude!  ;D

Offline Beowulf

• Belmont Wanna-be
  • Hunter in Training
  • SOUL STEAL
    • Awards
« Reply #806 on: June 16, 2016, 07:31:54 PM »
Hey man, hows everything going on this project? Its looking amazing man, no rush, just saw that this had gone quiet and excited for it.
Dear Konami. Where is my Castlevania?

Offline Koray Otsoa

• Awards
« Reply #807 on: July 02, 2016, 12:32:11 AM »
Man, if I had your talent I would have reimagined Christophers adventures. I already made a list of sprites, enemies, levels, modes, etc I want for the game. I realize that making a game is no small feat, but I really am interested in trying. Do you know what game engine is best for me to use? And whether I should pay for it just to make this fan game?

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #808 on: July 02, 2016, 11:46:37 AM »
BMC and I both use Clickteam Fusion 2.5/Multimedia Fusion 2 by Clickteam. It is on sale right now on the Steam Summer Sale.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #809 on: July 31, 2016, 03:42:26 PM »
Hey folks, just dropping by and letting you know that i'm active again after a LOOONG break!  I've decided to pick apart my coding to refine all the issues i had before vs trying to chase my tail and fix what i could find across 250+ frames lol.  None of the assets including the characters/stages/backgrounds are getting changed, just the coding.  So this should help keep things quick on my end without having to worry about the coding slowing down progress.  I'll be sure to keep you guys posted, and thanks for sticking with my and keeping the thread alive lol.  You will NOT be disappointed!  8)

Tags: