Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 98266 times)

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2011, 07:09:41 PM »
Not to mention the recent news about Dante from DMC now being Half Angel.
...Huh?
 my brain just farted.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 I was already pissed off at Crapcom for Dante's new design. But this...It's too much.Fuck you Crapcom!

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2011, 08:43:47 PM »
You know what's funny, the big named japanese companies (Capcom, Square, Konami etc) are all going crazy displeasing the fans and all, yet the only sane one just so happens to be SEGA.

I agree

It actually seems like Sega gives a damn.

They actually LISTENED to what the fans wanted after the release of Sonic Unleashed and ended getting rid of the lame werehog gimic and giving us Sonic Colors (which was awesome btw).

Now they are once again giving the fans what they want with Sonic Generations which will please both old fans and new fans alike.

Konami and Capcom should take a major page from Sega's book and learn how to give the fans what they want IMO.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: August 16, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »
Never lose hope capcom will get better and be their former selfs eventually :)

Dream on. Inafune left.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #213 on: August 16, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »
I agree

It actually seems like Sega gives a damn.

They actually LISTENED to what the fans wanted after the release of Sonic Unleashed and ended getting rid of the lame werehog gimic and giving us Sonic Colors (which was awesome btw).

Now they are once again giving the fans what they want with Sonic Generations which will please both old fans and new fans alike.

Konami and Capcom should take a major page from Sega's book and learn how to give the fans what they want IMO.

not to mention after hearing the negative feedback on ep.4, they give us Generations.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: August 16, 2011, 10:10:13 PM »
I know you have over 200 posts but uh...

...Are you a troll by chance? I enjoyed HoDespair too, but christ, I'd never call it a masterpiece or a treasure. It was okay. And I'd like something that didn't already come out a year ago to celebrate the 25th anniversary of my favorite series, thank you. This actually makes me want to throw up a little, if this is all we get. A port of a year-old game, with a feature that should have been in the original release anyway. Wow...

Oh so someone's labeled a troll just because they find a favorite out of all the Castlevanias that someone like you so happen to not share the same opinion?

As if it's such a crime to choose Harmony of Despair as a #1 favorite in series.   :rollseyes:

As if it's soooo anti-Castlevania to enjoy Harmony of Despair over the others.   :rollseyes:

And Castlevania Harmony of Despair is one (I'm not saying the only) great way to celebrate Castlevania Anniversary since it's the only Castlevania (that's not a fighting game that betrays their original character designs...like CVJudgement), that combines many of the top favorite vampire hunters in the franchise (well it doesn't have some like Trevor, but still more top favorites and popular characters in the series, ALL playable in a single Castlevania together in online/local co-op and versus play!)   

Not to mention the great nostalgic locations crafted into interesting combined layouts of their own, as well as memorable enemies, items, bosses, etc.    As well as combining classic stage based Castlevania progression with somewhat non-linear Metroidvania elements, and other details (like skeleton status, character chat system, etc.).   Overall it's far more creative formula than people realize (and some miss out on because they only care about new graphics or new/remade stories.)

In my opinion, I don't think something like a Castlevania III remake would be just as exciting as Harmony of Despair being ported to PS3 (which millions own and haven't bought a 360.)  so a massive community can enjoy the combined greatness of pure Castlevania gameplay in fun replayable ways!

And like someone mentioned earlier, the anniversary of Castlevania doesn't have to simply be something released around that period, it's possible there could be something revealed later this year relating to 1999 or something else.  But overall,  many people here underrate Castlevania HD out of pure hate because it's not what they want, jealousy because it's received good sales and new fans, or bitterness because people can't understand the brilliance and value of Castlevania Harmony of Despair.

Like anything else, just because you don't hold it in high spirits, doesn't mean people that do like it more than you do are wrong, cause they're not wrong.   You simply have tastes too different to accept what others prefer, that's all.  ;D   

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:15:59 PM by affinity »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: August 16, 2011, 11:04:22 PM »
Soooooooo...troll confirmed then?
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2011, 11:14:49 PM »
Soooooooo...troll confirmed then?

Indeed indeed lol.

Its one thing affinity to actually be a big fan of a game.

Its another to act like the game is God's gift to men and act like its the best thing since the discovery of fire.

But whatever.

Have fun praising the pants of this game! ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:17:16 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
not to mention after hearing the negative feedback on ep.4, they give us Generations.

As actually throwing a bone to the Yakuza fans in the states by localizing Yakuza 3&4(granted they nerfed 3 but they made up for it with 4)

Oh and they got Platinum Games on their side as well so SEGA is alright with me.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #218 on: August 16, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »
Dream on. Inafune left.

I am not dreaming we just can't give up on them even with creative guys like Inafune and even Kamiya leaving there is always a chance for them to change back into what there were a great game company I just want to be hopeful that Capcom can change I am sure eveyone does so thats why I am not going to give up it may seem silly heck maybe a little naive and foolish with the way things are,but I just have to have some faith that they can change nothing is ever impossible. 
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: August 16, 2011, 11:57:05 PM »
I am not dreaming we just can't give up on them even with creative guys like Inafune and even Kamiya leaving there is always a chance for them to change back into what there were a great game company I just want to be hopeful that Capcom can change I am sure eveyone does so thats why I am not going to give up it may seem silly heck maybe a little naive and foolish with the way things are,but I just have to have some faith that they can change nothing is ever impossible.

Capcom's Been pooping on everyone who left's games like its supposed to mean something, the only thing thier doing is hurting themselves really bad.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2011, 12:28:53 AM »
Capcom's Been pooping on everyone who left's games like its supposed to mean something, the only thing thier doing is hurting themselves really bad.

Yes and if they don't get their act together they will crash and burn it is just unbelievable that Capcom is doing this they know people are just downright angry and that's putting it mildly. So I wonder what is going through their heads right now what would possess them to do this why are they being greed they will lose everything this way and who knows maybe they will wake up when their current projects underperform and wonder why what went wrong.   
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2011, 12:32:12 AM »
About the E3 leak, I don't think it was false. The guy who posted that probably mistook the LoS DLC for a new game or something. Besides, ever since the OoE leak every single one that followed ended up being true.     

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2011, 12:40:47 AM »
Yes and if they don't get their act together they will crash and burn it is just unbelievable that Capcom is doing this they know people are just downright angry and that's putting it mildly. So I wonder what is going through their heads right now what would possess them to do this why are they being greed they will lose everything this way and who knows maybe they will wake up when their current projects underperform and wonder why what went wrong.

every since that Loser who made RE5 got Promoted, things have gone way downhill, Capcom could be the next Interplay if they keep this direction.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2011, 01:49:45 AM »
You know what's funny, the big named japanese companies (Capcom, Square, Konami etc) are all going crazy displeasing the fans and all, yet the only sane one just so happens to be SEGA.
though be glad none of those companies are like namco (or bandai namco as they're commonly known as now). They don't put anything on the shelves that fans would want to play. in fact, they dont really care about fans at all, they just care about money.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2011, 07:15:36 AM »
In my opinion, I don't think something like a Castlevania III remake would be just as exciting as Harmony of Despair being ported to PS3 (which millions own and haven't bought a 360.)  so a massive community can enjoy the combined greatness of pure Castlevania gameplay in fun replayable ways!
Troll confirmed:
>Commence purification?
> Y / N

many people here underrate Castlevania HD out of pure hate because it's not what they want, jealousy because it's received good sales and new fans, or bitterness because people can't understand the brilliance and value of Castlevania Harmony of Despair.
Even LoS was better received than HD. And thats the game that STILL has the fanbase's panties in a bunch.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:17:46 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything