Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 98264 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »
Posted by: affinity
« on: Today at 01:31:03 PM »

You are ignoring this user.

Score. No more BS affinity posts. Thanks Jorge.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »
Affinity:
Your posts, while not offensive in and of themselves, are inflammatory to other members.  Like the atheist that posts in a religious forum or the Mac guy posting in a PC Forum.

That isn't even a fair comparison/example.   ;D    Those examples won't only fit visitors here that are anti-Castlevania fans or people that don't play Castlevania games in general. 

Castlevania HD is just as much a Castlevania as anything else in the franchise.   Just because haters of that particular Castlevania don't want to hear positive things about it, that doesn't give them right to stone people that like it.  :P

I mean seriously, if someone posted their praise towards Lords of Shadow or CVJudgement, despite how I feel of those two things being farthest from what the franchise is best known for,   I wouldn't call them trolls or see their posts as offensive or inflammatory just because those CV games don't interest me and they talk good things about them.

This is a Castlevania board so it should accept all fans of any Castlevania and respect each other's tastes.   Of course there will naturally be conflictions what fans prefer as the anniversary release, but people shouldn't take opinions so personally that they direct their bitterness towards each other.  :rollseyes:

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »
You wouldn't call them that, but I would.
The person persistently making comments that enrage the community, no matter how flattering they are, is exercising in Flame-Baiting.

As I said, I'm more interested in forum Calmness (and harmony) than Justice.

If you would like to talk more about this with me, take it to PM.  If you continue to bring it up here, and derailing the thread further, I will have you banned.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2011, 03:27:20 PM »
AfinityBecause though LoS didnt feel like CV to many, and CJ had weird art and was kinda lazy they had to actually work and put some thought. CHD was just a pile of shit, that while it may have looked good in the respective games, together became shit, merda, mierda, shiesse, etc...

The idea of HD wasnt bad really, but saying that it was poorly executed would be the biggest understatament of CV story

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »

Let's not keep doing that.

Anyway, is Gamescom over yet? Or has it just started? I don't keep track of such things anymore. If Konami is only showing HoDespair for PS3, this thread has kinda lost its purpose IMO. I am certainly not staying to discuss whether or not HoDespair is a good or a bad game. Nothing good comes of it. Also, it's been done to death already and bores the hell out of me.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2011, 04:03:25 PM »
When Gamescom is over, we'll know more, and then this topic will be closed, methinks.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2011, 04:59:37 PM »
You are ignoring this user.
<3

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »
Well, there may be a slim chance of an annoucement in TGS. But I dont think we are going to really get anything until next E3

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »

Next E3 could possibly have a teaser trailer for LoS2 - which will be a huge deal and yaddayadda - but I desperately wanna know what else is cooking :( There has to be something. Dear IGA, what are you up to these days? And no, you're not working on HoDespair still. You've moved on to new projects, haven't you?

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2011, 06:21:04 PM »
I think IGA is working on something new, if not about to.    ;D

(it's a theory, so don't go crazy.)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »
About the E3 leak, I don't think it was false. The guy who posted that probably mistook the LoS DLC for a new game or something. Besides, ever since the OoE leak every single one that followed ended up being true.   
Yeah, it was fake, not only because of Castlevania, but everything else he just got wrong. It was pure speculation/prediction/trolling

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2011, 01:26:29 AM »
Oh well. I guess Tokyo Gameshow is less then a month away.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2011, 01:53:46 AM »
About the E3 leak, I don't think it was false. The guy who posted that probably mistook the LoS DLC for a new game or something. Besides, ever since the OoE leak every single one that followed ended up being true.   

..Wait, which leak is this? I didn't know there was an E3 leak of any sort.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2011, 02:00:28 AM »
Some guy who claimed he worked for some company that rated video games said he had a list of new video games that were trademarked. According to him, one of them was "a new 3d Castlevania game, possibly for 3DS".       

Tags: