Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 98262 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2011, 02:13:11 AM »
Some guy who claimed he worked for some company that rated video games said he had a list of new video games that were trademarked. According to him, one of them was "a new 3d Castlevania game, possibly for 3DS".       

Okay, you're talking about the guy who posted on /v/. I think that was debunked as many other claims he made turned out to be bogus. An open-world Mario game was claimed by the same poster.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2011, 02:36:58 AM »
I never cared about those other announcements, lol.           

Offline aya79

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2011, 04:59:58 AM »
New Sorrow games only for 3ds  ;D

Complette Sorrow trilogy.

Offline Zazc

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2011, 10:12:13 AM »
I'd welcome either a new 2d Metroidvania or a new classic castlevania game with open arms. That's what would really be befitting for its anniversary. A remake (not re-release/compilation) of Castlevania 2 or 3 would do too. Anything less than that would be a dissappointment for me.
The HD PS3-port means nothing for me. With the rumors about "Castlevania: Complete Chronicles" being an indev title too, I am worried that all we are going to see this year is ports. One single game port, and one compilation of older games.

What's with all the Affinity-hate by the way? I've been lurking around here before I registered and everyone seems to hate Affinity with a passion just because she/he (it?) likes a decent CV more than the very best titles in the series. Aside from that, the posts seem well written, friendly and lengthy enough. I'm just curious about that, what with the admin giving instructions on how to ignore her/him and everything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2011, 10:46:01 AM »
I put instructions because it seems people are pulling their hair out and, instead of succumbing to their seething hatred, I'm informing them on how to quickly ignore an user they dislike.

I suppose I could've done it with anyone or on its own post, but it seems Affinity is a target around here because of a seemingly misunderstood love for a title that everyone finds to be at best 'decent'.  That, and some speculate she's a Konami representative planted on the forum to generate hype for the game.

There's a history here.
Also, welcome.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:28:27 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »
We cant help it. This forum is a creature of chaos... it influences our minds!
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2011, 05:25:13 PM »
I think its along the lines where she/he/it/whatever said that a remake of CVIII would be as good as HD, though alot of people on the forum despise HD for all the recycled stuff. Doesn't really help when you say graphics don't matter cause apparently it does if it involves recycling stuff from old games.

... I maybe wrong but didn't crapcom do the same thing with the megaman series? recycle sprites i mean.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #262 on: August 18, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »
This is what causes the members here to call affinity a troll.

In my opinion, I don't think something like a Castlevania III remake would be just as exciting as Harmony of Despair being ported to PS3

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: August 18, 2011, 06:42:06 PM »
Yea, that's basicly it. Guess anyone in this community would get enraged from a post like that. Even me reading it makes me mad. Sides we all know a remake of a classic would be 100x better than an online multiplayer that reuses graphics and barely has anything original aside from being a multiplayer game.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: August 18, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »
I think its along the lines where she/he/it/whatever said that a remake of CVIII would be as good as HD, though alot of people on the forum despise HD for all the recycled stuff. Doesn't really help when you say graphics don't matter cause apparently it does if it involves recycling stuff from old games.

... I maybe wrong but didn't crapcom do the same thing with the megaman series? recycle sprites i mean.
Not really. Not in the same vein as castlevania anyway. only reused sprites are the characters, and some of the enemies. (like mets) but they reused sprites within the same era. the nes games used the nes sprites, the SNES games used snes sprites and so forth. But even then, they usually had new enemies each game.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

MarquisX

« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2011, 04:59:52 AM »
+1
Wow, not that I really agree with affinity (I think i had a few disagreements with her) but I don't think she is doing anything wrong. It's just her opinion and she expresses it respectful manner and it is Castlevania related. This board and the administrators can get very gestapo like at times. I wouldn't call it calmness but more conforming to other people's thoughts if you wish to remain here. It's a shame really. This board could be really awesome- but you can see not everyone like affinity will be as open to what they like on here in fear of being jumped on and eventually banned for challenging the majority.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2011, 05:57:16 AM »
I thought Jorge said to stop talking about this affinity bullshit since it's derailing the thread, let it go already.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2011, 06:17:54 AM »
Ok let's try and get this back on topic

Does anyone know if konami had or will have any kind of press conference yet at gamescom? By now I think were 3 days in, if we haven't seen any new Castlevania stuff yet I doubt were going to, but I guess there is still a possibility.

Also was there any word on a HD release date for PS3 yet? There's so much drama going on on these forums it's hard to find any real information that I may have missed
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2011, 06:45:35 AM »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:55:25 AM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Zazc

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: August 19, 2011, 06:58:23 AM »
Thanks for the explanations! : ) And thanks for the welcome, Jorge.

I wish I'd seen that list sooner. I've been watching out for CV announcements and footage these days. (Oh well, at least Dark Souls got showed off plenty!)
The 25th aniversary project shouldn't get announced at GC then, but Tokyo Game Show is only a month away : ).

Tags: