Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles II : Simon's Quest  (Read 7246 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles II : Simon's Quest
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2022, 09:57:42 AM »
Every mansion has a boss, right?  Then I vote after Berkeley. Many demos end with a boss fight anyways.
Yep, each mansion will have its own boss.  After Berkeley mansion it is then for the demo. That makes the most sense.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2023, 01:38:59 PM »
+1
Just a quick update;
The game is nearly ready for pubic release!
I just wrapped up making the bad ending cutscene and i'll be working on the credit reel next.  It wont be much longer folks!  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2023, 07:07:39 PM »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 08:31:30 AM »
Nice trailer! But I did notice that Simon doesn't have Stair-climb/descend animations.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2023, 11:43:24 AM »
Thanks dude! Yeah I opted out on that. Originally I was going to add it but it slowed the gameplay feel. Especially when you are in villages  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2023, 05:16:57 PM »
It doesn't have to be slow. You could speed it up to more 'n less be the same with walking speed. But if there is stair-climbing/descending then it doesn't look natural/convincing if the animations aren't there.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2023, 02:49:05 AM »
I have downloaded the game and for some reason the jump doesn't work. The button works fine on my gamepad and inside the game menu, but when i press it on the game, the character won't jump.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2023, 10:40:50 AM »
I have downloaded the game and for some reason the jump doesn't work. The button works fine on my gamepad and inside the game menu, but when i press it on the game, the character won't jump.
The program is giving some controllers a real problem for some reason.  And its random as well  :rollseyes: Try a few things; make sure you have the xbox360 drivers installed and this is an odd one, but some people have had to go into the USB Game Controllers screen, and under the advanced tab, select their controllers from the drop down.  My gaming rig was like that as well until it was selected from the drop down and worked just fine. 

Offline nokundhi

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2023, 01:32:06 PM »
Gave it a try on Linux and it seems to work through Lutris and Proton. Controller isn't being picked up so I had to resort to using antimicroX to map the keyboard commands.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2023, 01:43:49 PM »
Gave it a try on Linux and it seems to work through Lutris and Proton. Controller isn't being picked up so I had to resort to using antimicroX to map the keyboard commands.
Sorry about the controller issues but im glad you got it working on Linux, that's great!

Offline Spooniest

• That's the way you do it!
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2023, 06:52:08 PM »
1) BMC_WarMachine, I really have to congratulate you, this is phenomenal work for a simple fangame. I'm actually enjoying myself, and getting my royal ass beat too, lol.

2) I would like it if I could turn around while crouching, particularly when I'm going into a slide, since the slide mechanic seems to be such a key strategy for boss fights.

3) Pressing down+Jump to drop through 1-tile thick platforms would be nice (a la SotN).

Hope you're well, and thank you for making the thing. :D I like it
Are ya smokin' yet?!

Tags:

anything