Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hard Corps UPRISING delivers a new legend within the Contra universe!!!  (Read 23000 times)

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Hard Corps UPRISING delivers a new legend within the Contra universe!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »
Sayuri actually despite needing close to use her sword is rather quite ridiculously overpowered.

Being able to kill bosses in seconds...also her charge wave attack penetrates walls and kills most normal enemies in a single attack.

I think it may actually be possible to beat the Arcade mode with Sayuri if one was just to simply memorize the enemy spawning patterns and just breeze through the stage.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »
That's pretty much how it goes. Contra has always been hard series when you first start playing. But after a time you begin to see the pattern in the enemy attacks and movements. Once you have this nailed down, finishing the game is a breeze.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 11:35:57 AM »
Yes even Megaman games, Devil May Cry games, Ninja Gaiden games, etc.  Once you understand the patterns and timing and optimal ways to win, it can be somewhat a simple routine.  But it's no fun always using the same method to win everytime, it's fun to experiment with longer and harder methods too.   And it's easy to finish something, but completing it without getting hit once everytime isn't always easy depending on the game/situation until maybe when it's fully mastered (and not many get that far.)   ;D

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 02:01:16 PM »
After watching my bro play through this (haven't had time to play much this week), DAMN there are a lot of little bits of Konami fan service. Stage 4 has the Gradius-inspired boss (and Harley even says "Aw man, I'm terrible at shooting games!), the rocket-snowboard which I'm almost certain is a nod to Turtles in Time, the aforementioned staircase with moon in background... These guys had to have a lot of love for old games.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
The rocket snowboard scene was from Contra: Shattered soldier. It was in stage 1: The Enemy Base.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 02:23:31 AM »
I wish you had an option to switch between characters after game overs because they do have differences between one another. And on that note, what other Contra games allow you to do that? I know Hard Corps does, but what about ReBirth? The older games didn't because all that changed was sprite color.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
Contra Force allowed you to change characters whenever you liked.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
Some Hard Corps: Uprising Themes for your mobiles: http://www.konami.com/officialsites/hardcorpsuprising/rockout.html

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:43:58 AM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 03:35:41 AM »
Contra Force allowed you to change characters whenever you liked.

Ah, righto. But is that game even canon? I don't even know what is when it comes to Contra..

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
Contra Forces' real title is Arc Hound in Japan. It's something Konami did at the last minute. It's no longer a part of the Contra cannon but it's not like that story interferes with what happens in the future. Contra Forces takes place in around 1990, '91' or '92' while the original Contra happens in the year 2633.

-X

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 12:13:01 PM »
Contra Forces' real title is Arc Hound in Japan. It's something Konami did at the last minute. It's no longer a part of the Contra cannon but it's not like that story interferes with what happens in the future. Contra Forces takes place in around 1990, '91' or '92' while the original Contra happens in the year 2633.

-X

Righto, but what about the questionable PS1 games?

Also, on an unrelated note, does the stage select cheat work in non-Japanese copies of Hard Corps? I don't think I've ever seen the full game.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
As far as I know PS1 Contras are not part of the canon either.
Though some things could have changed in that regard with the release of the new games.

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »
Is this game before or after the advent of Black Viper's Red Falcon invasion? (the aliens from the early series games)

Let's Play Hard Corps Uprising 01 - Back in the Fold

The link is the first part of a play-through that is a 'blind' play-through.

I just picked it up off of youtube and don't know the player.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:37:00 PM by Grim_Creeper »
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 11:25:53 PM »
It might be slightly after the alien wars or during. I'll have to see the game story myself to know where it fits. In the Contra hard corps story, Bahamut was a hero during the alien wars. But only three years after the first wave and only a year after the second wave (Contra 4), he tried to overthrow the Federation government (The Triumvirate). According to the shattered soldier story, The federation was the soul reason for the aliens (Moirai guardians) continuous invasions. If Bahamut discovered the link between the two then we can see why he tried to deliver the Coup d'état. He would know of the federation's corruption and tried to put a stop to it even if he was a little misguided.

-X

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 12:05:43 AM »
I've been toying for some years now with the idea of making a Contra fan-game.

Only this ones different. Very different. Instead of being the Contra elite troops you normally play as, you are an elite alien trooper trying to get to a goal and are under attack by various humans, robots, helicopters, tanks, spike-grilled trucks, shock troops (and by shock I mean big cyborgs with an electron-weapon  ;D).

I have a scenario and levels and power ups and everything around here somewhere already written up, unfortunately I know nothing about game programming and know nothing about sprite ripping.
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Tags:

anything