Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Overflow Darkness (nes hack)  (Read 11507 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Overflow Darkness (nes hack)
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »
I always just assumed I was the only one to consider putting path-obstructing breakable walls in a Castlevania game. How self-centeredly naive of me. :p

I still have game ideas I haven't seen in other CV games in my head (and on paper), though.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »
I always just assumed I was the only one to consider putting path-obstructing breakable walls in a Castlevania game. How self-centeredly naive of me. :p

You too? LOL! Great minds think alike  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 02:58:24 PM »
Indeed.  ;D
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »
You too? LOL! Great minds think alike  :)
They do...lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 12:11:36 AM »
I don't like the stage layouts that well. The sprites and backgrounds look great but the stages don't make much sense. In the original the stages actually followed the castle design in a way that made some sense this is just random platforms and pitfalls in comparison. It also looks to hard to be enjoyable. It starts out insanely hard and stays that way rather than gradually becoming harder as the game goes on. Fine if you need a challenge or something but for an average player this is just going to be a frustrating experience.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 08:46:12 AM »
Get the fuck out.

No, seriously. All those stairs makes so much sense, really. It was almost (not quite, but almost) like an Escher painting. And for fucks sake, it's a castle of chaos. It's fucking Castlevania! It can have stairs and pitfalls wherever the hell it wants!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: