Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1815750 times)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4890 on: February 27, 2013, 01:39:43 AM »
You can explain why they are almost identic if they dont are the same person/body? I dont have seem this level of similiraties before in CV, the only exception being Juste, but he uses another outfit and dont belong to the same game that Alucar appears.

Admittedly, if Alucard is not Trevor, that would be a big surprise, they say that the argument amazed. Although I can hardly believe it. I'm 90% convinced it's Trevor. That would mean that Gabriel had another son (as a vampire?). Mmm many years without a woman. Maybe he changed his mind with hints of Carmilla .... (is dead .. but does that matter?)
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4891 on: February 27, 2013, 01:44:57 AM »
I am doubtful that Gabriel would get another woman in this timeline.
A palette swap for Castlevania is not done without reason. so I am definitely sure Trevor is Alucard.
Cox says the ending of Trevor is a shocker. Uhm... if he becomes Alucard, the fans totally called it and it no longer is shocking.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4892 on: February 27, 2013, 01:51:34 AM »
It's his voice and the similarities to his attire that got people speculating from the beginning. Also it doesn't help that Cox is willing to dish out all info about Trevor, Simon and Gabriel but he keeps his mouth wide shut regarding Alucard's origin and motive for wanting to kill his "father". It's very similar to how he dodged the "is Dracula in the game?" questions he got during LOS1's development.

It's strange that the game comes out in a week, we know about every playable character but we know next to nothing about the one character in the game we're all curious about. At this point, unless someone leaks it beforehand, they're keeping his story secret till release.

Worst case, they keep his origin a secret till Lords of Shadow 2, which would be utter, total bullshit.

Cox just confirmed on Twitter that Alucard appears in LOS2 and use the sword you get at MoF, is more than likely that Alucard can handle ....

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4893 on: February 27, 2013, 02:20:02 AM »
I am doubtful that Gabriel would get another woman in this timeline.

The ESRB rating mentions a scene where a character is seduced by a female vampire
it's possible Gabriel is the character mentioned and that he was seduced rather than fell in love with another woman.

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4894 on: February 27, 2013, 02:37:59 AM »
ESRB rating was referring to the Succubus battle.

As for Gabriel, I honestly don't get why he can't "get another woman". Like C Belmont said, it's not like he needs love to procreate. Even though I doubt Alucard's origin will be as simple as that anyway.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4895 on: February 27, 2013, 05:20:02 AM »
I read somewhere (possibly Cox's twitter) that Dracula has his own maidens to feed on in LOS2. If that's true then I don't think Gabriel has too much of a problem moving on.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:25:44 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4896 on: February 27, 2013, 05:42:46 AM »
Cox denied Trevor was Alucard. It's possible that there still is a connenction between the two. For example, he could be his evil twin brother.  :P

Personally, I think he is Trevor's half brother...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4897 on: February 27, 2013, 05:49:38 AM »
My bet: Trevor beomes Alucard after Gabriel kills him, but the last revelation at the end of the game is another thing.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4898 on: February 27, 2013, 06:52:07 AM »
Not sure that this was ever mentioned but there's a coffin in the chamber where the mirror of fate is and it's where Trevor and Dracula fought. It's also the one of the first areas we saw Alucard in.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4899 on: February 27, 2013, 06:55:25 AM »
It seems clear that the relationship between Trevor and Alucard is the last scene of the game and connect directly with CGI of LOS2 we saw.

It is possible that like Gabriel/Dracula, Alucard is the evil part of Trevor, remember CGI of LOS2 when Alucard seemed have a mask on (and therefore saw his reflection in the sword), but that does not mean that the good part of Trevor ascended into heaven, may have been misled by Zobek and wear the "mask of evil" evil hand separates.

Anyway something does not fit me .. If Alucard born from Trevor (both live or die Trevor) spend 30 years until Simon comes. If Alucard wants to kill Gabriel why wait so long? .... According to Cox all LOS2 CGI scenes pass after MoF, so that encounter between Alucard and Gabriel is after Simon...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:57:35 AM by Bergaron »

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4900 on: February 27, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »
Either Alucard's creation took that long or his weapon(Dark Pain) is garbage against Gabriel and Simon wielded a weapon that is somewhat effective against Gabriel(moreso it being Trevor's Combat Cross).  Hence the eventual forging of the sword Alucard will come to wield which has no name(Alucard Sword was always a ridiculous name IMO). 

I'm going go with Alucard is Trevor but also not Trevor at the same time.  The body(including voice and whatnot) might appear to be Trevor's but the mind may not be, and it's possible the "Lost Soul" might have something to do with it.

We'll find out soon enough next week on what actually happens.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4901 on: February 27, 2013, 10:18:52 AM »
Perhaps Alucard is a curse, Trevor is cursed to come back to life as a dark being and KILL his own son to regain humanity/stand a chance to kill Dracul.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4902 on: February 27, 2013, 10:27:24 AM »
+2
Call me oldschool, and as cheesy as it may sound compared to todays standards, but I still prefer Robert Belgrade as the voice of Alucard over anyone else o .o

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4903 on: February 27, 2013, 11:22:54 AM »
Call me oldschool, and as cheesy as it may sound compared to todays standards, but I still prefer Robert Belgrade as the voice of Alucard over anyone else o .o

That's because he had an awesome voice.  Yuri Lowenthal ****ing sucks. 

The old one felt like you played as a timeless supernatural being that had royal commanding presence, whereas Lowenthal kinda doesn't.  At all.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4904 on: February 27, 2013, 12:43:37 PM »
IDK if posted before but vandal.net (in spanish) has a few gameplay clips.

There you go:

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/1350634853/se-muestra-la-jugabilidad-de-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate/
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Tags: .....? 

anything