Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1815817 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4920 on: February 28, 2013, 11:49:30 AM »
True, even LOS1 didn't have that, no idea why they would put that in now? On a portable game no less.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4921 on: February 28, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »
Still, QTES FOR OPENING A CHEST? WHAT ARE THEY SMOKING

Yeah, seriously. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if there were actually something in the chests. But it's just... glowy shit. What was wrong with just walking into an HP or whatever-up item like every other game does? And they're still wondering why people compare LoS to God of War.

It's also curious to me that candles were axed because it became "monotonous" to break them, but MoF only has barrels to break.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4922 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »
Yeah, seriously. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if there were actually something in the chests. But it's just... glowy shit. What was wrong with just walking into an HP or whatever-up item like every other game does? And they're still wondering why people compare LoS to God of War.

It's also curious to me that candles were axed because it became "monotonous" to break them, but MoF only has barrels to break.
It's sad the second part of the trilogy is being handled by MercurySteam's B-team.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4923 on: February 28, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
Barrels? They have bananas inside? Its Castlevania, not Doneky Kong...
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dragon Warrior

• I am the greatest hero
  • I am the greatest hero
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #4924 on: February 28, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »
This game is party EPIC i liked it

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4925 on: February 28, 2013, 12:47:43 PM »
All of these are pretty small negatives to me, but it's kind of strange that they're there nonetheless.

So I read the demo's out in the US? Any impressions?

Offline Dragon Warrior

• I am the greatest hero
  • I am the greatest hero
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #4926 on: February 28, 2013, 12:49:54 PM »
Yes the demo is already out and the game has a solid gameplay

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4927 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:05 PM »
My thoughts:

Well I tried the demo and I liked it.

I didn't encounter that many problems. At all. Must be perception, or Castlevania elitism.

Framerate never bothered me and I don't use the 3D slider anyway, and I like as opposed to many how even lesser enemies can put up a fight and aren't a flimsy piece of cardboard. For me it's like a megaman game where you watch for their patterns and attack accordingly. And the Skeletons don't throw stuff in a predictable arc, they actually aim FOR you and I liked that.

And I of course love the fighting game aspect. The hold Y move I just love. And make use of the air dash so you can keep away.

I wouldn't judge the music on a mere demo alone.

For me it feels like they took chunks from each of the Castlevania formula's, Classic/Metroidvania/LoS. Give or take anyway.

I really don't understand the hate for this game, I think it's fun to play and for me, that's all that matters.

I'm looking forward to Castlevania: The Beat em up and of course the story in itself.

And since you essentially go through with 3 characters, it will be like 3 games in one for me.

Really excited to get this next week.

-----------------------------------------

Also: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48541022&postcount=338

Which means this demo isn't the final build.  Can't wait till next week.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4928 on: February 28, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »
I just read that, hopefully it's true. These negative impressions are really killing my hype, I got to get a 3DS down the line and I want this game to be one of the first.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4929 on: February 28, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »
I tried it when it came out in Europe and loved. I have read in Neograf "sucks", "going to 10fps" ... I will not make the same mistake I made with LOS1, take 6 months to buy it because of the review of the press, I bought it on the recommendation of a friend and for me LOS1 is GOTY 2010 ... I will be guided by my views and not that of others.. Luckily we now have a demo and we can try to decide each.

P.D. As you know it has been confirmed that LOS2 will not come to WiiU. For resource problems. Unfortunately there are some comments in Spain they do indicate that the economic health of MS is not good .... nothing good ... have hired people to finish and go very fair MoF. Calculated MoF moderate sales and now this thing a little tense. I guess there will be no problems to launch LOS2 but (hopefully I'm wrong) do not think they are not easy to develop another game (at least they will have to lay off half the staff).

P.D2: Konami is not putting a lot of money ... (underpaid) and apparently the programmers' salaries are between 700-900 euros (including weekends ..)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:25:38 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4930 on: February 28, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »
Lack of resources means lack of people to work on a Wii U version and they don't have 20 extra guys.  And MS is a small team compared to most.

Offline PapaNosferatu

• Bringing forth the undead!
    • Awards
« Reply #4931 on: February 28, 2013, 01:33:32 PM »
It's not bad at all, I honestly get a Lament of Innocence meets classic Prince of Persia vibe from the demo.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4932 on: February 28, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »
For me I really think it's going to have a sort of Super Metroid+Magic Sword vibe.

But that's me.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4933 on: February 28, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »
Got the demo and i have to say I cannot wait for it

First time I tried some moves already a fighting game attack,attack , move or air dash, jump, attack back dash, attack, stomp, synchronized block, death for the enemy

you have a great variety in moves. the boomerang is very powerful able to take out most baddies in one shot granted you can charge it up all the way.

Graphics are the best I've seen on the 3ds Trevor look's way more detailed than any other character even beating out chrom and
(click to show/hide)
from fire emblem awakening.

The 3d effect is wow :o zelda oot 3d seems like a pushover when compared to it heck even fire emblem lacks the 3d effect this game really encourages you to play it in 3d.

As for framerate it is not noticeable to me even with the 3d on (had it on 3d for the whole demo)

Enemies die real quick.  You have so much moves at your disposal that it makes the demo too easy I did not even die once everything was a pushover

overall the only bad part is the loading but even then it's only for a couple of seconds.

Overall I give the demo a 9/10 really impressed at how fluid everything in the game connects swinging is easy, fighting is fast, platforming is simple and quick. I see no problems it was over for me before it even began.

As for negative feedback I do not know why I think it's simply trolling :P.

I know this is a first day hard mode for me I know I will destroy this game  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4934 on: February 28, 2013, 01:57:02 PM »
+1
Well unlike Fire Emblem, the character models have feet and not peg legs.

:D

Tags: .....? 

anything