Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Strider announced(Capcom/Double Helix) 360/X1/PS3/PS4  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
New Strider announced(Capcom/Double Helix) 360/X1/PS3/PS4
« on: July 18, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
+2
Originally Posted by Double Helix

Today, at the World of Capcom panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Capcom Senior Producer Andrew Szymanski announced an all new Strider developed by Double Helix for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC! Originally released in 1989, Strider remains one of Capcom’s most enduring franchises.

Info so far:

2.5D Metroidvania similar to Shadow Complex
Upgrades
Completely side scrolling
The main designers of the original Strider and Strider 2 are working on the game

Announcement trailer
Strider Announcement trailer

Gameplay
Strider - Vídeo de Gameplay

Never have I been so cautiously optimistic about a game but yeah Striders back.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:46:12 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: New Strider announced(Capcom/Double Helix) 360/X1/PS3/PS4
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 05:21:50 PM »
WHAT?! Now I can die happy! +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 05:49:22 PM »
A Scene From Troll 2

MY BODY IS STRIPPED AND READY.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »
It looks fuckin GLORIOUS! A 2.5D Metroidvania-type game.... ON CONSOLES!!! Konami, why you be like that? Why you let Capcom beat you to the PUNCH? LOOK AT THAT FUCKIN MAAAAAP! That could be CASTLEVANIA!

Y'know, I love Strider and I'm getting this day one, but I totally hope it does great. Maybe then the chowderheads at Konami will get a clue. I might not be totally happy with everything Capcom has been doing lately, but the reviving of the Duck Tales game via Wayforward(talk about potentially remaking their other Disney games if Duck Tales does well), letting Nintendo include Mega Man in the new Smash Bros game, and THIS! It's like, suddenly, they are actually making GOOD decisions. It's been a while since they did shit like that. What's next, Capcom? A new Breath of Fire game? A new Mega Man game? Keep the goodness coming!!  :D

But yeah, after LoS's concluded, maybe... just maybe .... 1999.... Demon Castle War.... 2.5D.... PS3/X360/PS4/XBONE/PC.... DO IT!

Oh, and don't think you're getting off easily, Nintendo. Wii U... CLASSIC side-scrolling METROID!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:10:39 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »
Worst thing that can happen is if they pull a Strider 2 by giving you UNLIMITED CONTINUES

i beat that game in 20 minutes

I hope Strider Hien makes an appearance

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »
Yes, we need more Hien and more story in-game, Nanco X Capcom atleast explained some things in its own way in a manner that even I understood, after playing Strider 2 and being "so whats the plot?"

Also, its coming for PC... My wallet isnt ready.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:26:46 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 07:43:14 PM »
It looks fuckin GLORIOUS! A 2.5D Metroidvania-type game.... ON CONSOLES!!! Konami, why you be like that? Why you let Capcom beat you to the PUNCH? LOOK AT THAT FUCKIN MAAAAAP! That could be CASTLEVANIA!

Y'know, I love Strider and I'm getting this day one, but I totally hope it does great. Maybe then the chowderheads at Konami will get a clue. I might not be totally happy with everything Capcom has been doing lately, but the reviving of the Duck Tales game via Wayforward(talk about potentially remaking their other Disney games if Duck Tales does well), letting Nintendo include Mega Man in the new Smash Bros game, and THIS! It's like, suddenly, they are actually making GOOD decisions. It's been a while since they did shit like that. What's next, Capcom? A new Breath of Fire game? A new Mega Man game? Keep the goodness coming!!  :D

But yeah, after LoS's concluded, maybe... just maybe .... 1999.... Demon Castle War.... 2.5D.... PS3/X360/PS4/XBONE/PC.... DO IT!

Oh, and don't think you're getting off easily, Nintendo. Wii U... CLASSIC side-scrolling METROID!

Woah dude deep breaths, I haven't seen you this excited for a game since Lords of Shadow back in 08 (yeah I read the thread). Keep in mind that the team making this doesn't have the best pedigree (Their only decent game was Buffy the Vampire Slayer) but who know's, maybe they'll turn things around with Strider, it does look good so far.

And Double Helix being next in line for Castlevania is looking very likely, and I was just kidding when I said it.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »
I know Double Helix's track record, but knowing that the original creators(not Capcom, but the guys responsible for Strider and Strider 2) are helping with this, I kinda have hope that it just might be good.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »
Is it retail? if it is I'll bite.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 11:03:56 PM »
Worst thing that can happen is if they pull a Strider 2 by giving you UNLIMITED CONTINUES

Try doing it in 1 credit, not the games fault it has unlimited continues, learn to pace yourself to do it in a set limit of continues. It is definitely not an easy game to do within 3-5 credits. As for this one, yes it has Hiryu, yes it has Grandmaster Meio, but I need to see if it's not dumbed down, and that it has as impressive an array of villains working for Meio as the first two did.

I own Strider and Strider 2 ( have the original on 3 different platforms), my expectations may be too high.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 11:06:06 PM »
Awesome!!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 07:05:55 AM »
Try doing it in 1 credit, not the games fault it has unlimited continues, learn to pace yourself to do it in a set limit of continues. It is definitely not an easy game to do within 3-5 credits. As for this one, yes it has Hiryu, yes it has Grandmaster Meio, but I need to see if it's not dumbed down, and that it has as impressive an array of villains working for Meio as the first two did.

I own Strider and Strider 2 ( have the original on 3 different platforms), my expectations may be too high.
Well, they are hinting it's Metroidvania-esque, so it might be similar to Metroid or similar CV games, as in there are save rooms but you only have one life, and you continue from your where you last saved.

Interestingly enough, I see lot of people gripe about how Stider Hiryu's a bullet sponge and that the area looks really dull and colorless. But, I see it like this, it's the FIRST footage we ever get to see. It LOOKS like it's the FIRST area of the game(and the map shows there explorable area is MASSIVE, so there are OTHER areas that might look TOTALLY different). It's a snowy cold area(looks frigid and frozen), and it's a featured in the demo(which is why the gameplay could be tweaked to be easier, and the final version could be a somewhat more difficult). I think people are all "doom and gloom" WAY to fast regarding this project. The whole cynical approach never sat well with me. I know people want to keep themselves from disappointment, but in all truth, come ON! Life is full of disappointment, and it's dealing with it rather than protecting yourself from it that makes you stronger, because face it, no matter how hard you try to protect your fragile self from being disappointed by something, you are STILL going to get disappointed. Just take life as it is, hope for the best, but if you get disappointed, so what? It was bound to happen. Take it like an adult instead of hiding behind a wall of cynicism! ;D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 12:52:14 PM »
I'm game!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »

I don't see how you could have limited continues in a Metroidvania. That's more of a action game thing.
I hope the music isn't so... "epic" in the actual game.
My question is WTF this isn't being released for Wii U?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:32:57 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 08:33:04 PM »
I don't see how you could have limited continues in a Metroidvania.

Right, but they still can do this unlimited continue feel if they include checkpoints, they can even increase the frustation if its like in MoF like I see some people talking about. So yes, lets pray for the better.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything