Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Guilty Pleasures  (Read 10320 times)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »
Welcome back Pemburu Vampir

Thank you Lelygax. Been starting to go back playing the CV series again after being "occupied" with Tokusatsu show like Kamen Rider. So I thought why not post here again? lol ;D

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 07:02:48 AM »
I must admit that I love I am the Wind as well.  Some might see this as a gulty pleasure, some might not, but I also adore the music for Lords of Shadow 2.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 12:10:12 AM »
I love the stylus parts of DoS.
But this still doesnot beat Axelord's comment. Hehehe.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 02:25:54 AM »
+1
I love the first Lords of Shadow.

I will farm Schmoos for hours at a time to get a Crissaegrim. Sometimes two. Same goes for two Rings of Varda.

I prefer the accurate (though rather corny) translation of SotN's "Die Monster!" dialogue. I don't feel visibly guilty over this, but there's a lot of nostalgia points on the localization and I prefer the former. But then, fuck popular opinion, I like what I like.

Skeleton Leader is my favorite boss in the entire series. Period. Shitty gradient sword beam and all.

I torment the flirty enemies in PoR. For very long periods. Mostly the Henry VIII-looking guys.

Likewise, I also get a kick out of luring as many Succubi in a room as possible (in Aria and Dawn, mostly) into one crowd, so that Soma gets a harem, and then see how long I can evade the mob. This also applies to OoE with the Batgirls.

I quote The Undertaker whenever a Gravedigger shows up in OoE.

I read various lines of dialogue, from almost any game with it, in Robert Belgrade's voice. And it's majestic.

I still snicker like a twelve-year-old at Shaft's name. And all of his attacks. And proceed to make a "shafted" pun when I kill him.

I laugh my ass off every time I get to the cutscene in LoI where Walter's sitting in the throne. Stupid vampire, you're way too big for that thing, you look silly!

I constantly press the Up button whenever I'm playing as Charlotte. Guilty as charged.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 07:27:56 AM »
I love the first Lords of Shadow.

I will farm Schmoos for hours at a time to get a Crissaegrim. Sometimes two. Same goes for two Rings of Varda.

I prefer the accurate (though rather corny) translation of SotN's "Die Monster!" dialogue. I don't feel visibly guilty over this, but there's a lot of nostalgia points on the localization and I prefer the former. But then, fuck popular opinion, I like what I like.

Skeleton Leader is my favorite boss in the entire series. Period. Shitty gradient sword beam and all.

I torment the flirty enemies in PoR. For very long periods. Mostly the Henry VIII-looking guys.

Likewise, I also get a kick out of luring as many Succubi in a room as possible (in Aria and Dawn, mostly) into one crowd, so that Soma gets a harem, and then see how long I can evade the mob. This also applies to OoE with the Batgirls.

I quote The Undertaker whenever a Gravedigger shows up in OoE.

I read various lines of dialogue, from almost any game with it, in Robert Belgrade's voice. And it's majestic.

I still snicker like a twelve-year-old at Shaft's name. And all of his attacks. And proceed to make a "shafted" pun when I kill him.

I laugh my ass off every time I get to the cutscene in LoI where Walter's sitting in the throne. Stupid vampire, you're way too big for that thing, you look silly!

I constantly press the Up button whenever I'm playing as Charlotte. Guilty as charged.

are you sure some of that stuff is a guilty pleasure? I think aq lot of people liked LoS1.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »
list

Guilty of all of this.

I also really love LoS1, MoF, and LoS2: Revelations.

I liked Jonathan Morris as a character.

I like Judgment. A lot.

I like playing the original GameBoy Castlevanias.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 11:33:24 PM »
I enjoy

(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: