Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kage no Densetsu 2/Legend of Kage 2  (Read 4683 times)

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Kage no Densetsu 2/Legend of Kage 2
« on: April 23, 2008, 10:41:43 PM »
Anybody remember the old nes game, the legend of Kage?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 06:24:28 PM by le052383 »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 02:20:15 AM »
Played a bit of it on an emulator, can't say I was disappointed, nor terribly impressed. Wasn't bad, but wasn't exceptional, the first couple stages felt like the original game, long and the scenery stayed the same, perhaps later stages look more robust (and yes I like the original game and it's FOUR levels).

Nice to see Taito titles still living on despite Taito being a shell today of what it used to be, though some remakes of ther classic back catalog of games really got butchered, examples Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands Revolution, and to a lesser extent, New Zealand Story.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 02:24:23 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 02:53:19 AM »
Looks cool, I'll have to check it out. Wonder why it's called Ken no densetsu in JP? That translate to legend of fist :?
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Ken no Densetsu 2/Legend of Kage 2
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:37:56 AM »
Yea I've known about it since they started making it. It was after they put the original on the VC. Took me a while to beat it, but it is really fun.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 10:45:51 AM »
same i knew about it too...

but it sounds like you're saying its the first game with more levels. Thats rather disappointing if true.

I don't like the DS much, and the 2 screen thing bugs me. Looks fun to play though, even if the character looks almost as gay as the first one.

Ken can translate to sword too, and fist, and strike even I think. But definitely sword.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Ken no Densetsu 2/Legend of Kage 2
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 06:22:51 PM »
same i knew about it too...

but it sounds like you're saying its the first game with more levels. Thats rather disappointing if true.

I don't like the DS much, and the 2 screen thing bugs me. Looks fun to play though, even if the character looks almost as gay as the first one.

Ken can translate to sword too, and fist, and strike even I think. But definitely sword.

There are a few stages that feel much like the first game.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:41:03 PM by le052383 »

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Kage no Densetsu 2/Legend of Kage 2
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 06:24:14 PM »
Looks cool, I'll have to check it out. Wonder why it's called ken no densetsu in JP? That translate to legend of fist :?

My bad.  I meant Kage no Densetsu.  I recently got into Fist of the northstar/Hokuto no Ken an I guess that was in my mind when I wrote the subject title.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 07:00:57 PM »
eWWWWW, no super jumping or tree climbing!

Anyone try that fan made Legend of Kage?

i think if you google Legend of Shadow, you might get it... its been a while since i've played it.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 07:30:01 PM »
eWWWWW, no super jumping or tree climbing!

Anyone try that fan made Legend of Kage?

i think if you google Legend of Shadow, you might get it... its been a while since i've played it.

Super jumps exist through power ups after pasting several levels in the game; super jumps are important because it allows one to collect hidden orbs and magnacarta in areas that is too high.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:48:09 PM by le052383 »

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »
Sounds crazy complicated for an action game.

I played a few minutes of it on an emulator, got to the first boss-style encounter, meh.

Not really impressed with it, I'm afraid.

Offline nwbelmont

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 11:38:48 PM »
Cannot deny, I'd rather like to play "ninja gaiden"...

Tags: