Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: -sigh- I'm so Sorry...  (Read 19606 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: May 28, 2016, 05:46:11 AM »

I really hope Kickstarter implements a refund system because of this...

ALSO
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/735638491636195328
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:50:39 AM by KaZudra »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:10:04 AM »
I should probably quote my long-ass chat rant (from SI) on the matter so I guess I'll do that real quick.

Obviously there's been some cherry-picking of strictly the relevant posts to the subject (this entire post is one big copypaste) as well as skipping sections that deviated.

(click to show/hide)

And to think there was a period where I felt bad about not chipping in--looking at things now I'm glad I didn't waste throw any money at this.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 07:43:35 AM »
Welp, I have to say that I'm embarrassed of even being hyped at its infancy now. Guess Inafune really was just one man and needed the help of people who actually knew what the fuck they were doing, seeing how much of a miserable little pile of mismanagement this turned out to be.

Oh well, at least Bloodstained seems to be in good hands so far, though I have gotten a bit wary now.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 08:01:17 AM »
This if any, is a PERFECT Opportunity for Capcom to do what Battlefield 1 did to CoD and release a trailer for a new Megaman game.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 08:48:03 AM »
something like this?

I know its not a game but...

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 08:51:02 AM »
something like this?

I know its not a game but...

Nevermind, I'll get the Shovel and Flowers, He lived as died, blue...

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 09:54:11 AM »
Oh well, at least Bloodstained seems to be in good hands so far, though I have gotten a bit wary now.

I'm excited just because you have an established game developer taking care of it, and IGA is a pretty seasoned producer who I always felt was a little held back by budget. Hopefully this and Yooka-Laylee turn out well or I'll likely never contribute to a Kickstarter game again. I already have zero interest in backing John Romero's new game; I'll wait and see if it's a good'un.

That MN9 trailer... Yeah, that's shitsauce. I'm hoping the game will at least be somewhat fun but it doesn't hold a lot of promise.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »
To be honest, I have a lot of concern about Bloodstained.

It seems like contributors are being strung along with pointless updates like color shaders, empty test rooms and the likes. I have read pages long threads about the most trivial topics in the games development like shaders and bust sizes. I understand that he's trying to show the progress, but every time an update like that is shown I'm surprised at how much further behind the games development is than I expect it to be for the projected release date.

I feel like for how long it's been and how much money people have put up, they should have something more to show us at this point. Especially considering all of the stretch goal content they've taken on.

I have high hopes for Bloodstained and I hope it is everything the fans deserve. And I hope they release it within the time frame that's been promised.

I know that Michiru is working very hard! I can't wait to hear more from her.

I've never had much of an interest in Mega Man. Still, I was going to buy this game. But not now. Yikes...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:56:37 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 11:09:55 AM »
I thought about donating when this was first announced way back when as a mega man fan but something told me to just set back and wait and see what becomes of it.

Sorry for those who backed this game with their hard earned money, those graphics and gameplay don't show the millions of donation dollars that went into it.

the CV fans are lucky we have IGA who is a big fanboy himself and knows what the fans are wanting right now.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »
I never really understood the hype about this game.
I'm glad I did not invest into this.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 07:15:33 PM »
I thought about donating when this was first announced way back when as a mega man fan but something told me to just set back and wait and see what becomes of it.

Sorry for those who backed this game with their hard earned money, those graphics and gameplay don't show the millions of donation dollars that went into it.

the CV fans are lucky we have IGA who is a big fanboy himself and knows what the fans are wanting right now.

MMmmm dem graphics. It finally makes Megaman X7 looks great, at least it had a graphic style that complemented the art direction.

I understand that Video Games are a bit costly, but look at Shantae, it only raised $776K, and it's presentation still looks top notch.

Here we have this shit, with a collective $4 Million AND and additional $400K with 2 extra kickstarters for "Extra Content". Knowing damn well we're getting at most a 15 stage glorified Megaman clone and the presentation is so Garbage that the "hype" trailer just assured you that not even $1 Million went into it.

Hell at least John Romero took down his Kickstarter in efforts to release a demo before putting it back up.

Keiji Inafune is a hack, and took the perfect opportunity to take money from desperate Megaman Fans, which brings more questions on his dismissal at Capcom. Knowing it doesn't even matter if the game sells well or not, He's already won.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 08:06:20 PM »
To be honest, I wouldn't call Inafune a hack myself, just way in over his head. IMO the whole thing reeks more of mismanagement and poor planning rather than outright dishonesty, though that may just be my idealistic side trying to give him the benefit of doubt.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 08:16:29 PM »
Whether or not he's guilty of deliberately taking advantage of a desperate fanbase, it is clear that he's certainly guilty of being entirely unoriginal in his design, is likely completely unwilling to let go of his little blue baby, and clearly would rather use blatant and lazy rips of his old characters than actually come up with something more original for what should've been a spiritual reboot of the series.

Oh, and of course he's guilty of terrible management of resources, funds, and manpower and putting out a subpar product after months and months of overblown hyping.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 01:31:46 AM »
Here we have this shit, with a collective $4 Million AND and additional $400K with 2 extra kickstarters for "Extra Content". Knowing damn well we're getting at most a 15 stage glorified Megaman clone and the presentation is so Garbage that the "hype" trailer just assured you that not even $1 Million went into it.

3.2 million dollar mansion in Switzerland, whose papertrail ends at the Cayman Islands... My best guess.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 09:53:15 AM »
I don't think many people realize how much 4 million dollars is chump change in the current game development industry to make and market a new product. I especially laugh at the people who think they were going to get an HD resolution 2D animated game on that budget. they'd go broke after the first level.

Tags: