Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: WALLACHIA: REIGN OF DRACULA  (Read 72673 times)

Offline Migami Games

• http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/
  • Vampire Hunter
  • https://twitter.com/migami_games
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 09:39:30 PM »
We would like to give you all another Wallachia Reign of Dracula casting update!

The role of Prince Vlad Dracula will be played by Douglas Rye!

We worked with Douglas in Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2 with him as the main villain. But this time we are very happy to have him playing Dracula.

As some of you may know, Douglas has also played the role of Dracula in Castlevania Curse of Darkness, and Castlevania Portrait of Ruin. Have a listen to Douglas as Dracula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP5TKOC6_5M

Cheers!

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 01:55:06 PM »
We would like to give you all another Wallachia Reign of Dracula casting update!

The role of Prince Vlad Dracula will be played by Douglas Rye!

We worked with Douglas in Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2 with him as the main villain. But this time we are very happy to have him playing Dracula.

As some of you may know, Douglas has also played the role of Dracula in Castlevania Curse of Darkness, and Castlevania Portrait of Ruin. Have a listen to Douglas as Dracula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP5TKOC6_5M

Cheers!
:o
My favorite Dracula in the series.  Good get.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2018, 07:06:42 PM »
Understandable that people might want another open world game after LC2, but we wanted to do something more refined and polished this time and doing a more simple action based game is a good way to do that in making the jump to an original salable game.

We’re still essentially a 2 man crew so we’re trying to put out the most refined best game we can with the small team and limited resources we have.

Thanks for the comment on the music! To tell you guys a little about the new ost for Wallachia I’m currently working hard on. Expect a lot more guitar and performance based instruments this time. I chose to do mostly programming for LC2 but Wallachia will blend live instruments with the programming. It’s coming along very nice and I can’t wait to share it!

I'm looking forward to it. My love for castlevania is greatly associated to music since 1985  ;D.The 4 part: battle of the holy, rise of the morning, dimming the holy light and violent nightmare, instantly hooked me into the game. I knew that from then on, I would be in for a treat for the rest of the game. Those four songs perfectly catch dracula's  haunted countryside in my opinion.  Beautiful, yet menacing.  Other favorites of mine are: Guernon university, la tourvelle mansion(honestly the ambiance in this one is chilling) servigny mansion and the very simple yet hypnotic outside princely rooms. Nightmare plant boss is probably the best castlevania boss song I've ever heard. It's nod to bloody tears is masterfully done.

I know this may sound funny to some but as much as I love the melodies, I find this castlevania ost (and game) "scarier" than what the official games usually display. Some themes in the castle are quite disturbing. And the game is only better because of it. You've managed to create great music AND ambiance for the different parts of the game. That is no easy task as usually we see one or the other from composers, rarely both. (I hated the LOS games mainly because music was an ambiance affair only and hardly ever catchy or memorable).

So yeah...Can't wait for the next game lol. Sorry if my English is sometimes funny. It is not my first language. Keep up the good work man and all the rest of the team of course. LC2 was BIG step up from LC and to me is as great and even better than some of konami's best. I'm even curious as to how I will appreciate bloodstained after having played LC2. Ok enough with the wall of text  ;D peace dudes.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 07:09:31 PM by SabinFigaro »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 01:52:35 PM »
The game looks good!

As for the gameplay I am sceptical :( I just don't know if Contra and Castlevania could be merged together.

I hope I am wrong!

Good luck!
What? :P :
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:39:05 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2018, 07:34:08 AM »
Yeah Vamprotector, man! :D :D :D
Also, I tried to edit your youtube link as it wasn't working... but I botched it up, so here's the link and another attempt to embed, DarkmanX_429:

Link To Video:
**Clicky**
Attempt to Embed Video:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:41:02 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 08:02:47 PM »
Whoa! The page says demo coming soon!
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 09:23:21 AM »
I'm looking forward to it. My love for castlevania is greatly associated to music since 1985  ;D.The 4 part: battle of the holy, rise of the morning, dimming the holy light and violent nightmare, instantly hooked me into the game. I knew that from then on, I would be in for a treat for the rest of the game. Those four songs perfectly catch dracula's  haunted countryside in my opinion.  Beautiful, yet menacing.  Other favorites of mine are: Guernon university, la tourvelle mansion(honestly the ambiance in this one is chilling) servigny mansion and the very simple yet hypnotic outside princely rooms. Nightmare plant boss is probably the best castlevania boss song I've ever heard. It's nod to bloody tears is masterfully done.

I know this may sound funny to some but as much as I love the melodies, I find this castlevania ost (and game) "scarier" than what the official games usually display. Some themes in the castle are quite disturbing. And the game is only better because of it. You've managed to create great music AND ambiance for the different parts of the game. That is no easy task as usually we see one or the other from composers, rarely both. (I hated the LOS games mainly because music was an ambiance affair only and hardly ever catchy or memorable).

So yeah...Can't wait for the next game lol. Sorry if my English is sometimes funny. It is not my first language. Keep up the good work man and all the rest of the team of course. LC2 was BIG step up from LC and to me is as great and even better than some of konami's best. I'm even curious as to how I will appreciate bloodstained after having played LC2. Ok enough with the wall of text  ;D peace dudes.

Thanks for saying those nice things! It’s very motivating to know people like our work. It makes us strive to do better!

Whoa! The page says demo coming soon!

The demo is nearly done. We have some testing to do and other odds and ends. We’ll make a more specific announcement soon.

We have a lot of exciting new things to talk about soon!

I personally will be releasing some new music soon as well! If any of you heard and saw the Bloodstained music and art tribute Junki and I made..

https://youtu.be/EekPZjVVxMo

We have something new coming!

Looking forward to sharing music from Wallachia Reign of Dracula as well!

Stay tuned friends!

https://twitter.com/migami_games

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Migami Games

• http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/
  • Vampire Hunter
  • https://twitter.com/migami_games
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 06:19:20 PM »
+2
The Wallachia Reign of Dracula demo will be available April 26th! This marks the 1 year anniversary of Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2! We would also like to announce that Junki Sakuraba has joined our team as lead artist!

twitter.com/migami_games

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 05:07:08 AM »
WOW man good job YES a DEMO GREAT!!!

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2018, 07:47:47 AM »
+1
This could be for Classicvania what Bloodstained is for Metroidvania
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2018, 02:13:14 PM »
11 days for the demo, pretty sure it will be worth the wait.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2018, 01:47:40 PM »
+1

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2018, 04:09:26 PM »
The video looks awesome and promising, hyped for actual gameplay  :D
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2018, 12:02:30 PM »
Definitely see the Contra influence.

I'm down for another game with an 8-way attack.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
That recent vid reminds me of the classic arcade-type games  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything