Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: WALLACHIA: REIGN OF DRACULA  (Read 72681 times)

Offline Migami Games

• http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/
  • Vampire Hunter
  • https://twitter.com/migami_games
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »
+2
Couple quick things.

We re-cast Dracula as Sam Cope (Dracula9) because he blew us away with his take on Dracula.

Also, challenge mode now features guest composers from the Castlevania Umbra of Sorrow project. Aensland, Chern and Dracula9. The Umbro's.

Game pretty much done.

Start doing thumb push ups.

More soon.

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2019, 06:35:52 PM »
Glad to see the mig miracle will some day surface again! Looks like lots of miracle happened in this magical year, 2019.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2019, 09:54:51 PM »
Glad to see the mig miracle will some day surface again! Looks like lots of miracle happened in this magical year, 2019.
I highly suggest following migami's facebook and twitter to keep updated about the game progress.
It's really not worth coming to this place since really few people care about fan projects.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2019, 09:23:40 AM »
It's really not worth coming to this place since really few people care about fan projects.

Except for those that do care and don't do facebook or twitter.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2019, 03:41:29 PM »
Yep. I'm sure this is the most important part of the forum now that the original game series is basically dead.

Offline Migami Games

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2019, 04:26:58 PM »
+3
Here is the new demo of Wallachia Reign of Dracula! There are many updates! Enjoy the opening cutscene, improved graphics and level 2l! We have partnered with publisher Storybird! The game will be on Steam and Nintedo Switch!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hf0akbcjozie10x/Wallachia_New_Demo.rar/file

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2019, 11:59:41 PM »
Recorded some playthrough videos
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2019, 05:39:30 AM »
Level 2 is put together really well, it has more interesting traps/enemies/mechanics than the first level. I also liked the boss design of level 2 more. It feels like you guys developed a more refined level design style since the old demo. Interested to see how the rest of the levels play out.

Release dates? Are they launching on both platforms simultaneously?

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2019, 07:33:00 AM »
The game is good. I have one complaint though.
A bit too much unnecessary chatting and history.
The game has a fast-paced arcade gameplay and the cutscenes feel very out of place (but they're skippable so it's not that big a deal)

Offline Migami Games

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2019, 11:08:16 AM »
+1
Thanks for playing guys! We super appreciate any and all feedback/bug reports.

The game will come to steam first, followed by switch. The levels grow more ominous as you approach Prince Dracula.

We spent a lot of time cutting back the story and made sure to make it all skippable as this is an action shooter. At the same time we are introducing a new IP and world around Dracula so we wanted to give the characters more depth.

But we had that same concern throughout the development of the game. I can say that the opening cutscene is by far the longest. And there are only 2 more, a middle and ending. We hope when the game comes out you enjoy them and want to see what happens to these characters next!

Again, thank you all for playing and supporting us!

We advise playing on hard! And if you want a real challenge try level 2 using only your sword.

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2019, 11:44:09 AM »
It would be nice if you improved the animations of the main character a bit, adding more frames. They look rough, similar to old genesis games.
Also her sword atack is awkward and not very easy to use. It would be better if it was horizontal and a little larger, like Strider/Runsaber

And here's a bug report: it doesn't detect the triggers of the Xbox One Controller.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 11:53:24 AM by golpebaixo »

Offline Migami Games

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2019, 12:04:56 PM »
Thanks!

We have become aware of the Xbox trigger bug and we are looking into it.

Her sword attack motion covers a specific zone because it's a defensive move as well as offensive.

We'll keep doing what we can to polish the look!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 12:18:23 PM by Migami Games »

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2019, 09:30:34 AM »
I just played through the demo, seems like you have a solid foundation here to build off of.

As far as the gameplay is concerned it reminded me of Contra, I didn't find any noticeable bugs and overall it felt pretty good to play.
One thing I'd suggest looking into is the custom controls implementation and UI. It wasn't terribly difficult to figure out but I think it could be presented in an easier to understand way. In addition, I noticed that the custom controls doesn't seem to have any sort of error checking present, so you are able to bind a single button to multiple commands.

Besides that, good job!

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2019, 01:50:25 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this new game because lecarde chronicles 2 is my favorite castlevania game since sotn (better than all the official Castlevania stuff that came out after 97). The level design is amazing in LC2 and once inside the castle, that's where the fun really kicks in. Having said that, it will be hard for this new game to top LC2 because I expect a lot. This new game is straightforward is it? I mean, you beat level 1 then go to level 2 etc..? I mean, can't wait to play it but I find that going back to a level1-level2-level3 approach after playing the open world LC2 will be a bit of a letdown for me. But that's just personal preference. I know we are in for a treat cause MIG really creates masterpieces. Oh and the music in LC2 was AMAZING! Something that's been lacking in Castlevania since they went LOTR musically for LOS. Anyways, can't wait to play this. Keep up the good work guys!

Offline Migami Games

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
Thanks!

We understand your sentiment.

It's a thing worth addressing. Wallachia is not a game you will be able to enjoy if you are looking for an experience like LC2.

But there is a reason for that beyond the style choice of shooter. It is that LC2 was built off of the foundation of LC1.

Wallachia is an entirely new IP from the ground up. This means we spent a lot of time and energy into the conception of it and polish/stability which are being set at higher standards as it will be sold.

This game is an action packed 7 stage shooter that unfolds a new take on Dracula, and introduces the new characters that surround him.

It's a game you can beat in under an hour if you are good. It's like a classic CV or Contra game. But it's our style of that kind of game. And we've put a lot of fun unlockable content in it. But that is what the game is.

We are hoping that Wallachia can be something we can build on. It has a super fun feel to it and if we do another chapter of it, it could be a similar jump in style as LC1 was to LC2.

But we want players to understand what it is, and judge it by those standards, and not with expectations of a Metroidvania.

It wasn't possible for us to jump from LC2 right to another LC2.

But we hope you will still give Wallachia a shot! The support of the players will ensure that we get to do a Metroidvania style game again!

We hope that explains the whole thing for everyone!

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:11:34 PM by Migami Games »

Tags: