Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania Season  (Read 32099 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2021, 10:03:23 PM »
i’d love to see some shots of Sonia saving young Trevor from the fate of many of his kin.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2021, 09:09:08 AM »
Edit: remembered why she was retconned, cause the years don't line up with trevor's birth and whatnot.

It somewhat did originally. Legends was 1450 while the original CV timeline put CVIII in 1492. More then enough time for Trevor to reach maturity before hunting Dracula. Then IGA made his timeline along with retconning Legends and put out LoI.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2021, 12:17:19 PM »
Castlevania Adventure/Belmont’s Revenge all the way. Christopher is probably the least-known Belmont amongst casual fans & his story can bring in a lot of new fans. They can do so much with it

He was the first Belmont to fight Dracula after his death by Trevor. And then he defeats him again while being middle aged & way passed his prime, all while trying to rescue his possessed son. And the series can cover various locations since he visits several castles during his journey. He deserves more respect for what he’s been through

i was found dead of boredom after reading this post, i'm writing this message as a ghost.

I think both Cristopher and Simon stories would both be lackluster anime series. They're too small. The games that would translate better to a series are:

• DXC
  • Sorrow Chronicles
  • OoE
  • LoI
  • N64 games

and sadly... PoR and LoS too. Maybe HoD, Bloodlines and CotM if they get expansions like CV3 did. Everything else suits movies better.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »
This seems to be the last chance to add the characters Grant (city name is Danesty promising), Rosaly, and Julia.  Maybe Zead too, but he could always come along in a later series as could most bosses.  It’d be surprising if they threw in Angela or Lyudmil.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 12:53:38 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2021, 06:30:01 PM »
This seems to be the last chance to add the characters Grant (city name is Danesty promising), Rosaly, and Julia.  Maybe Zead too, but he could always come along in a later series as could most bosses.  It’d be surprising if they threw in Angela or Lyudmil.
I'm kinda even wondering if they even plan on going over the events of Curse of Darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if they just retcon it altogether. The animated series take on Isaac is totally different than CoD's Isaac (who was Julia's brother). Season 4 just looks like it plans to conclude the scenarios/paths introduced in season 3 where all paths come together (Carmilla's war to take the humans as stock using Hector's devil forging abilities to help her army, Isaac's demon army arriving back in Eastern Europe with eyes set on Hector, Trevor + Sypha's continuing adventures no doubt coming across both of these forces, as well as Alucard and Saint Germain returning). I can guess out of all those characters listed, Grant's the most likeliest to appear (given the reference to a town called Danesti).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 06:34:49 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2021, 09:21:04 PM »
I'm kinda even wondering if they even plan on going over the events of Curse of Darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if they just retcon it altogether.
The only part of CoD that I’m expecting is a somewhat early return of Dracula, only to be snuffed out again for another hundred years.  I doubt the Devil Forgemasters would be potential new bodies for him, but you never know.  I’m hoping Death/Zead has something to do with it, but I dunno, end of Season 3 made it seem like all you had to do was snatch him out of the Infinite Corridore, but we’ll see.

Isaac seeking vengeance for Dracula is at least following CoD.  I’ll be keeping an eye out to see if Isaac kills Lenore and if so, if it would cause Hector to have a moment of vengeance on him.  It’d be pretty sick if that happens, but some people can get quite attached to their abusers, and who knows what kind of effect the spell she put on him might have.

I’m also expecting Alucard to decide to get that long nap in after all, ha.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 09:51:39 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2021, 07:11:08 PM »
I have nothing worth contributing, except to say that season 3 was pretty boring and I only got an episode or two in, so I guess I'd better finish it so's to see season 4.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2021, 07:24:19 PM »
It somewhat did originally. Legends was 1450 while the original CV timeline put CVIII in 1492. More then enough time for Trevor to reach maturity before hunting Dracula. Then IGA made his timeline along with retconning Legends and put out LoI.
Wrong on several counts. First of all, Iga's timeline, as well as Dracula's grave in Simon's Quest, place Cv3's date at 1476. I have no idea where you came up with 1492.

Also yes, Legends did originally contradict the timeline. It has Alucard as a full grown man at a time when his own mother would like be a preteen girl, at the oldest. That's only one example, there are others.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »
Wrong on several counts. First of all, Iga's timeline, as well as Dracula's grave in Simon's Quest, place Cv3's date at 1476. I have no idea where you came up with 1492.

I Forgot about the CVII tombstone. But that's when he was still human; from his birth to when he was assassinated. It was only in CoD that we learn that it was Trevor who assassinated Vlad but I still don't buy that. The game was shoehorned and it was a shoehorned explanation at best.

CVIII wasn't out yet when CVII was still fresh in our minds so the game's scenario/story was never established yet. True, IGA's reissue of the timeline of CVIII put it in 1476. However it was Konami that put out 1492 as its previous time. I'm just reiterating the info, you can take it up with them. And if I'm not mistaken, from what I saw Konami also changed Legends' place in the timeline putting it around 1472 rather then 1450. Much closer to CVIII then before and a bit more probable for some story elements. Again that was before IGA made his personal choice changes.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2021, 11:19:37 AM »
+1
I Forgot about the CVII tombstone. But that's when he was still human; from his birth to when he was assassinated. It was only in CoD that we learn that it was Trevor who assassinated Vlad but I still don't buy that. The game was shoehorned and it was a shoehorned explanation at best.

CVIII wasn't out yet when CVII was still fresh in our minds so the game's scenario/story was never established yet. True, IGA's reissue of the timeline of CVIII put it in 1476. However it was Konami that put out 1492 as its previous time. I'm just reiterating the info, you can take it up with them. And if I'm not mistaken, from what I saw Konami also changed Legends' place in the timeline putting it around 1472 rather then 1450. Much closer to CVIII then before and a bit more probable for some story elements. Again that was before IGA made his personal choice changes.
Where are you getting this info about Konami placing Cv3 in 1492, and moving Legends to 1472? I have never seen that anywhere in almost 30 years of following this franchise. It sounds more like you have an axe to grind against Iga with all these "personal decision" qualifiers..

Castlevania 3 shows us Dracula's first death, and Simon's Quest already established that as having happened in 1476. It's not an Iga personal decision, it's respecting the continuity of previous games. Dracula never died before Cv3, there's no reason to put any other date on his gravestone.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2021, 01:53:12 PM »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2021, 02:52:16 PM »
Hmm, so new person in charge and a new cast? Well, maybe depending on what they do I could get back into it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2021, 04:22:08 PM »
I dislike how they gave Alucard his SotN attire. They should’ve gave him an original outfit that was appropriate to the time period, but whatevs

I hope that voice at the end of the trailer is Death

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2021, 05:14:45 PM »
Where are you getting this info about Konami placing Cv3 in 1492, and moving Legends to 1472?

The Dungeon here used to have to Konami timeline before IGA made his, then it was corrected after the fact. I still remember some of the dates but that's about it.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2021, 06:33:38 PM »
Looks like season 4’s gonna be a blast!

Oh sweet, that’s got to be Abel at 1:47.  Looking forward to Death’s big debut.  And skeletons!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:41:43 PM by Reinhart77 »

Tags:

anything