Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Personal Problems  (Read 7856 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 09:48:47 AM »
I think I have a small sliver of glass stuck in my foot :( REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 11:05:32 AM »
reminder that this is scotland we're talking about

I guess nobody here is watching Outlander.
They could have touched some Druidic rune stones that transported them back to the 18th century.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 11:08:11 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 11:54:12 AM »
+1
They could also find an unpublished manuscript in the archive collection of Tokyo Metropolitan Library that transports them to an alternate dimension resembling medieval Mongolia.

But nobody wants to talk about that one

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 06:32:15 PM »
I think I have a small sliver of glass stuck in my foot :( REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But Gunlord, ye hath so much armour???
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2018, 06:24:18 PM »
I'm tired.  I have a full time job interpreting into ASL (which is often tiring, and sometimes exhausting).  I have a part time teaching job (weekly adding 6 hours of teaching, 2 hours of drive time, ?!? hours of planning and grading time -- 13 hours of this is all more time out and away from home).  I have 2 kids -- wonderful kids whom I love dearly, but kids are just tiring.  I'm *trying* to spend time with them and be a good dad, and *trying* to be a good husband by spending time with my wife, giving her a break from the kids, and helping with various home responsibilities.  I'm a natural night owl -- long story short: I've tried to change this for 10+ years and it just doesn't.  Even now when I'm so tired, I still get a second wind or pass out in a nap.
I love all these things I have and get to do, but I wish I had more energy or time.  I'm surviving off caffeine more than I'd like (trying to curb it whenever possible).  I want to help my wife more because she's just the best and I love her and she deserves it; I want to play through more of my games more often and there are some awesome new things coming out; but I'm just so tired.  I'm sure I'm "doing a good job" -- I know this in my head.  I'm awful at accepting it "in my heart" though.

And, crazy as it sounds if you consider this post, I (we) want to have another kid.  It hasn't been a successful plan so far, which is also frustrating.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:27:08 PM by theANdROId »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2018, 03:52:28 AM »
I love all these things I have and get to do, but I wish I had more energy or time.  I'm surviving off caffeine more than I'd like (trying to curb it whenever possible).  I want to help my wife more because she's just the best and I love her and she deserves it; I want to play through more of my games more often and there are some awesome new things coming out; but I'm just so tired.  I'm sure I'm "doing a good job" -- I know this in my head.  I'm awful at accepting it "in my heart" though.

I can understand this part. My wife and I just had a baby, her pregnancy although fine took a toll on her physically, so a lot of time was spent in and out of hospital. At the same time I was running 3 projects interstate at work, working on another project full time and had my mum in the hospital for a short while, while helping my bro renovate his place to sell. Suffice to say I still made time for gaming (mostly Zelda) but it has been few and far between.

I also have the best wife and  he most awesome daughter so I can't slack or fail when it comes to our life together - and work never ends, but it's a necessary beast to feed. I feel you, games come out, and I want to play them because for a big chunk of my life it was that simple and I was afforded the time and capacity to do so and even then work/ life was crazy. (A couple of people from CVD added me on PSN like 2-3 years ago and I've never had a chance to play them online more than once or none.) There are still games I want to play, and I miss the gaming nights with mates being more frequent. However, life is about priorities at the end of the day.

Thinking about things holistically, I doubt I'd be anywhere near as happy if all I had was free time to play video games.
That's why these days I'm more likely to watch FGC tourneys, watch AGDQ and the like and I've started selling collectibles (I even have some Castlevania items listed with more to come) on Ebay.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 07:13:59 AM »
What made me end it was the fact that I moved from Alabama to Wisconsin. If not for that, I'd still be there, with her...

Sorry for the bump.  But where in Wisconsin?  I'm in Green Bay.

Tags:

anything