Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is There links to all castlevania fan games  (Read 13592 times)

pete_6777

Is There links to all castlevania fan games
« on: September 19, 2012, 01:28:09 AM »
hey guys im new to this site and im wondering if there is link to all castlevania fan games as im interested in playing them i download thesoulofdracula and i enjoyed it if this is in the wrong forum could u please please move it to the right one

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Is There links to all castlevania fan games
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 02:35:20 AM »
Hey there! Welcome to the 'Dungeon :D I'm still new-ish here too so I can't completely answer your question, but I dunno if anyone's made a fan-game compilation. Maybe that can be a new sticky in this forum-section or something.

But, so you don't leave here totally empty-handed, I DO have the link to a really well-made fan-version of Castlevania II - Simon's Quest. The dialogue has been cleaned up, the church now saves your data instead of shoveling a password down your throat, AND it features a custom-made sprite of Simon Belmont made by our members :D

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest Revamped TSE is here (PC and Mac)

I recommend downloading an excellent program called Joy-to-Key if you're like me and just need to use a controller for Castlevania. JtK converts your joystick button-inputs into key-board commands.

http://www-en.jtksoft.net/
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 04:41:26 AM »
Hahahaha! Welcome to my castle.
Open Hell’s gate! Come forth my servants!
Crush this flea who invades my castle!

.....just kidding xD

Welcome, I know that a topic for this already exists because I've seen it a day before joining here, but it seems abandoned.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »
Google is your friend.

But you can find some games or at least names of them on Castlevania Dungeon's main site (this is just the forum).
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »
Hey Pete_6777, Welcome to the Dungeon. Your in the right category for fan games so no worries  :) AS for a universal link to all fan games of CV? There isn't one as far as I know. And most of the fan projects are Hacks for use with roms and emulators. But here's two that are really good yet really hard at times:

http://horrorquest.altervista.org/download.html
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »
Good, X! ;D
I know that these 2 are very very old, since the first time that I used internet these 2 already existed lol
I've only played a few minutes of this game with Simon and Sonia, I will give a try again since you reminded me of them.

edit: This is a good game made by PiscesDreams, you play as Harker (The Bloodletting guy that we call Hanz)
http://create-games.com/project.asp?view=main&id=1034

edit2: It seems that all links from this game have been removed, if someone find this Castlevania The Bloodletting 1.3 made by PiscesDreams let me know please, I have a copy of this game but not in my PC and I cant remember where it is.

Also, here is a video from another game (never released and seems abandoned) made by him, this guy is a genius with all these effects and ideas:
Castlevania - Bloodstorm Sneak Peek

He is working now in a Ninja Gaiden 4:
Ninja Gaiden 4 Engine 0.01 Alpha Video Test
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:01:28 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »
Hey Pete_6777, Welcome to the Dungeon. Your in the right category for fan games so no worries  :) AS for a universal link to all fan games of CV? There isn't one as far as I know. And most of the fan projects are Hacks for use with roms and emulators. But here's two that are really good yet really hard at times:

http://horrorquest.altervista.org/download.html

Hmm that VampireHD doesn't work. Maybe it's because I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. I downloaded it, extracted it ran it, and the only button that did anything when I clicked on it was screen. Clicking key config and game start did nothing :(

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 11:02:36 PM »
Hmm that VampireHD doesn't work. Maybe it's because I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. I downloaded it, extracted it ran it, and the only button that did anything when I clicked on it was screen. Clicking key config and game start did nothing :(

Try making the program compatible with windows 7. Here's how:

1# Right-click on the program.

2# select properties.

3# choose compatibility.

4# click the box beside the text that says "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then choose your windows operating system. This is how I got RPGMaker 2003 to work with windows 7.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 01:00:31 AM »
Try making the program compatible with windows 7. Here's how:

1# Right-click on the program.

2# select properties.

3# choose compatibility.

4# click the box beside the text that says "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then choose your windows operating system. This is how I got RPGMaker 2003 to work with windows 7.

Thanks for the advice but El Zilcho D;

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 06:07:25 PM »
VampireHD doesnt work here too, I think its because my PC is very very old, since it opens a black window and starts to drain my PC resources. Someone can post a screenshot of this game running? Im curious about how much they improved this game.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: