Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Need help with Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse  (Read 9960 times)

Offline Fiel

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Need help with Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/features/cv3chronicles.html

just get download this release but when run .exe will getting message

Note: The terms of the End User License Agreement for Visual C++ Introductory Edition do not permit redistribution of executables you create with this Product

Try many method but still can't access into application.

please help. :'(

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Need help with Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:05:35 AM »
It's a common problem with the Microsoft C++ you're using.
I will see about creating a new version that works without giving that message.

Where did you download it from?  There may be a slightly newer version without that message.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Fiel

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 08:38:12 AM »
I downloaded the application from the link above.

Do you have the re-compile newer version that will not have the message release ?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 09:30:12 AM »
I may, but my webspace server seems to be down at the moment.
I'm afraid you're gonna have to wait a bit to play my unfinished alpha build.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Fiel

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 09:36:10 AM »
I will wait patiently. Thanks.  ;)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »
It's a common problem with the Microsoft C++ you're using.
I will see about creating a new version that works without giving that message.

Where did you download it from?  There may be a slightly newer version without that message.
That would be cool, cuz I get that message too...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »
Yes, my original programmer was working with a Microsoft Visual C++ build that did not allow proper creation of Executables unless the client (the person downloading) also had a similar Microsoft C++ version... or something.

Someone has to have a proper Microsoft Visual C++ and take our code and basically recompile it into a proper .EXE.
That should solve the problem.  I did solve this problem a while back, but I do not know which build is online.  Apparently, people are downloading an older version or my new version just isn't as readily available.

It doesn't help that inverteddungeon.com seems to be down, so my webspace is inaccessible right now.  Either that or my computer is failing to connect to it...
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »
Yes, my original programmer was working with a Microsoft Visual C++ build that did not allow proper creation of Executables unless the client (the person downloading) also had a similar Microsoft C++ version... or something.

Someone has to have a proper Microsoft Visual C++ and take our code and basically recompile it into a proper .EXE.
That should solve the problem.  I did solve this problem a while back, but I do not know which build is online.  Apparently, people are downloading an older version or my new version just isn't as readily available.

It doesn't help that inverteddungeon.com seems to be down, so my webspace is inaccessible right now.  Either that or my computer is failing to connect to it...
I think my build was pretty current when I got it. I will see if I can provide a link to it, that way you can take a look at it and do a comparison.

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
  • Experimental fan games galore!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »
I have no idea if any of you are windows 7 (64 bit) users, but this worked perfectly fine on vista, when I had it.
But now, I get that message and the program runs in the background. It may be a compatibility thing, I'm not sure.

Offline Fiel

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 07:36:07 PM »
I used 2005-09-09 build.

I tested run of my both pc XP and 7 both 32 bits

Offline Fiel

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »
Anybody can't help ? :'(

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 06:58:28 AM »
We're working on it.
The files are old and my current friend's compiler requires code adjustments up the wazoo for it to recompile.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »
We're working on it.
The files are old and my current friend's compiler requires code adjustments up the wazoo for it to recompile.

Here is my file as promised. Don't know if it was old or not, maybe you can tell by looking through it...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ile0p6

Offline Fiel

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »
Here is my file as promised. Don't know if it was old or not, maybe you can tell by looking through it...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ile0p6

I tried this file roughly and ended up with the same result. :'(

btw, thanks for your tried to help :)

waiting for a recompile version. :)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 02:21:01 PM »
This version should run without the nagging message.

I also added a readme which explains some stuff, but I'll post the readme here as well:

------
Hey guys, this is a new build of Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse.
It is now compiled to run on most modern systems, but it's STILL just an alpha pre-build.

Included is the C++ code for anyone who wants to take a look at what's going on and if they wanna help.

Also included is the CVCHronicle.exe compiled executable.

The SAME BUGS that were in the 2005 version still exist!  This update does only small fixups, including:

1. If you reach the end of a stage and enter a door and we have not built a new stage, it will exit to the menu instead of exiting the game altogether (which would have left a gaping memory hole in your RAM in the past).

2. New AWSD controls in addition to the arrow controls:
(A=left, W=Up, S=Down, D=right, K is Button 1, L is button 2)

Old control scheme still applies:
Up, Down, Left, Right, Delete, End (keys).

Exit this Alpha release using ESC.

3. There should no longer be that annoying nag message "The terms of the End User License Agreement for Visual C++ Introductory Edition do not permit redistribution of executables you create with this Product".  It should run.

If anyone would like to help continue this project (preferrably a competent Visual C++ programmer with DirectX knowhow who is willing to work with the old code), please contact me at magus4600@h0tmail.com.

These are the current bugs/unimplemented/unanticipated events in the alpha:

1. Teeter-Totter (Swing) platforms DO NOT WORK.
Because of this, only half of the Haunted Ship is playable (you will fall through the teeter-totters at the Ship's Masts).

2. Melting blocks were never implemented.
Because of this, you can only get through the first room in the Mines (you cannot reach the door, you have to hit ESC).

3. There is only ONE BOSS in the entire game implemented.  That is the Skull Knight at the end of Block 1.
There are also no Boss Orbs/Stage Orbs, so you have to hit ESC to exit the stage.
If a room is supposed to have a boss but the boss has a door behind it, you may walk through the door provided we built the next stage.

4.  If there is not a stage built after the stage you're playing, when you go through a door to the next stage it may kick you back to the menu.

5. There is no way to pause the game.

6. Sometimes Bats and Zombies unfairly attack you from behind at the beginning of a stage (be wary in Block 8).

7. There is no bright flash when getting the Rosary relic, and there is no flickering hero when you get the Invisibility Potion.
They were never implemented, though the Rosary does kill all enemies on the screen.

8. It is possible to jump higher than normal if one jumps toward a block in a certain way.  This can get you stuck if that block is a wall.
Again, ESC will get you out of the game.

...and many other bugs!

Remember, this is just an ALPHA engine tester, not a full-fledged game, though you're welcome to help in any way you can (aside from bug-reporting; this alpha is more than 6 years old so I'm fully aware of most if not all of the bugs it's got, so DO NOT REPORT THEM).

Enjoy this still-in-hiatus Castlevania project.
--------
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: