Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A Castlevania Game you'd like to see Remade  (Read 16204 times)

Offline Atcero

• Linktree
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
A Castlevania Game you'd like to see Remade
« on: April 02, 2014, 02:25:59 PM »
What Castlevania game would you like to see remade, whether making it longer or just a reboot over all?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: A Castlevania Game you'd like to see Remade
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 02:31:06 PM »
+3
simons quest is the one that needs it the most, and would be beneficial to all

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 05:07:59 PM »
+1
That does seem like a good one to remake...surely some extra love and attention would do it some good.

Another good one would be CV3.

I also wouldn't mind seeing remakes of SotN or LoD.  When I was a kid (and sucked at video games...always calling dad in to beat the boss or whatever) I couldn't handle the NES Castlevania games.  I never really gave them another thought until SotN, and then went back and enjoyed them all.  So I kinda wish we could get a remake that keeps everything from the original, but adds more to it...like the inverted castle, but more and better...somehow.  Basically the same for LoD...just more to it, more to play.

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »
Simon's Quest is definitely my number one choice for a remake. Have it done in the full metroidvania style. But, next to that, I would like to see CV: Legends remade in the same kinda way they did the CV: Adventure Rebirth title.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 05:37:11 PM »
+2
Simon's Quest is definitely one I would consider, However CV64/LoD is the one I would treat first. The 64 CV titles are the ones I still consider to be the best of all the 3D CV installments to date.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 06:54:17 AM »
Adventure Rebirth
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 07:25:58 AM »
Adventure Rebirth

A remake of a remake??

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 07:52:27 AM »
Dracula´s curse in 2.5D should be done.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 08:54:33 AM »
Julius Mode

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 08:55:06 AM »
+1
You can usually predict what people are going to answer. Therefore, I'm going with the usual suggestion: CV3. However, a requirement for me would be, assuming it would be a straight up remake, that they stay true to the original intent of the game. They shouldn't change the character designs, overall tone, or retcon the storyline just so cram it into some timeline it doesn't fit in.

On the other hand, I would be completely fine with an "IGA-friendly" reimagining of the basic storyline, further expanded to include more references to other IGA games, a few unexpected suprises to keep things fresh, and preferably a completely original gameplay style (ripping off the Souls games, perhaps?)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »
Didn't IGA say in some Dawn of Sorrow interview that he thought about doing a CV3 Chronicles but he just kinda forgot about it?

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 09:48:28 AM »
This may be just a quirk of mine, but I think CV III was so damn near perfect in its execution, that the only kind of remake I would want to see of that one is a graphic/music overhaul, like the SNES Mario All Stars remakes of the NES games. I can think of nothing in the mechanics or level design I would want to be tinkered with. Although, if they did one, it should be an overhaul of the Japanese original, because Grant being able to throw knives in an unlimited capacity without "heart" fuel was too wicked to leave out.

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
  • Listen without distraction.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 10:16:47 AM »
Simon's Quest would be cool, but I would like to see Belmont's Revenge given a remake treatment. Its a bit of a weird little game with the elemental castles and such. I think Rebirth was great but not entirely close to Adventure's style and tone (for the better) so something a little closer to a straight remake with more content/polish would be cool by me.

Otherwise, Kid Dracula.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »
+1
I don't know about a full remake but I would be all over a "remastered" version of Legacy of Darkness. Just tweak the camera a bit, add in the content exclusive to CV64 and up the res. And there you go.

I agree that Castlevania 3 is just about perfect as-is, even the visuals hold up well imo. Great art style. If I was to choose one game that needed a remake it would probably be Castlevania Legends because it's got one of the more interesting stories in the series locked inside a good-but-ultimately-mediocre entry. If we were sticking just to "canon" games though I'd pick Harmony of Dissonance, fix the music quality and make the castle designs better. And maybe give an alternative costume for those who would like the hero to look more like a Belmont, though that's less important.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »
If we were sticking just to "canon" games though I'd pick Harmony of Dissonance, fix the music quality and make the castle designs better. And maybe give an alternative costume for those who would like the hero to look more like a Belmont, though that's less important.

And don't forget to have Juste's sprite redone. His animations were questionable and awkward-looking. Also his movements were slow and floaty.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything