Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: October is around the corner...  (Read 11474 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: September 22, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »
and with that comes Halloween & all the creepy stuff in our society. so which castlevania game(s) will you be replaying during this season? anybody planning on doing a cv marathon on halloween which lands on a Friday? or perhaps dressing up as a character

i feel another annual run thru of Super castlevania IV & Symphony is appropriate. those games are truly timeless & capture the atmosphere of All Hallows Eve perfectly, prunyuu~

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »
At Yale, halloween is quite a scene...there are big parties and costume bashes everywhere. It's mainly an undergraduate thing, though...me, I'll be spending October like I do every other month: Sitting in my dorm room surfing the CVD 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: October is around the corner...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 05:30:40 PM »
+1
so which castlevania game(s) will you be replaying during this season?

CV2 (an annual October tradition) and Belmont's Revenge. I've never played BR before.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 05:43:28 PM »
Gonna be hitting up Lament of Innocence again since it has the creepiest atmosphere. Though some of the shit in Mirror of Fate, like the guy who found out he was eating some other dude's leg, that really sends shivers.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Kaneda

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »
Right now I'm playing through Legacy of Darkness for the first time. Bought it and CV64 on ebay.

Most of the summer I've been playing the games. Usually multiple times. 1-4, Rondo, Dracula X. I've wanted to play Chronicles and Symphony, but unable to for the moment. Hopefully that will change soon.
Invest in an oak stake?

Yes    No

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 06:13:49 PM »
+1
I'm sure I'll play some CV games but I won't be dressing up as anything CV related. I'm trying to get two of my friends to dress up as the trailer park boys with me

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 09:39:40 PM »
Who knows... I might surf the dungeon for a time before hitting up the classic CV games. Both CV II and LoD sound like the traditional Halloween CV treats.  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 11:30:51 PM »
I would probably surf the Dungeon.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 03:06:19 AM »
+1
I'm thinking Luigi's Mansion 2 all the way, cause it's sitting on my shelf waiting for the right moment... but I think I could run through Dracula's Curse too, which is the CV I associate the most with Halloween. It's like how I ALWAYS think of christmas when I play a Zelda game. Some franchises just have a special day/holiday attached to them, and it harkens back to my childhood, I guess.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 07:24:16 AM »
Last year I think I played through 5 Castlevanias during October and not a week ago I beat Castlevania Chronicles (original and arrange mode) so I'm not sure which if any Castlevania(s) I'll play through this year. Though it's possible I may play some horror games, like Silent Hill has more or less just been gathering dust in my collection for about 4 years. Maybe I'll sit down and finally beat the Castlevania clone "Master of Darkness" on the Master System, for the most part that's a pretty easy game I just get bored with it.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 07:41:34 AM »
Symphony of the Night is my annual play-through.  8) I will get the Crissaegrim this time. Mirror of Fate and Chronicles are on the list too.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 09:38:26 AM »
The original, IV, Bloodlines, Rebirth, and hopefully Symphony of the Night if I have time.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 06:35:36 PM »
CV64 looks kinda cool.

CV 64 is really rough around the edges and takes some getting used to, but in terms of a 3D CV game transition it's perhaps the most successful when lined up against Lament of innocence and Curse of Darkness.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 07:51:32 PM »
I'm starting my second run-through ever of OoE today. I'll probably also do a SOTN luck run, cos I did that last month and it was really fun! Are there any other CV games with luck modes like this?

Thief mode in Circle of the Moon?  But you have to go through Normal, Magician, Fighter, and Shooter modes first or get someone's save data with it enabled.  So far I've just cleared Normal and Magician, and started Fighter.

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Legends (GBC)
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 08:31:38 PM »
I plan to finish up my chronological viewing of CV longplays (which I started last October with LoI) before October. I've finish all of the actual story games (ending with DoS) and am currently going through the True Story Modes of various characters in Judgment, and I'll end with Aeon. That should be it (unless I want to watch Harmony of Despair, but I believe those have no storylines; someone please let me know).

The big question is which series to do a chronological viewing of next. I'm considering Mario, Mega Man, and Zelda, and each are huge franchises.

Tags: