Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Syrians breach border in Nakba day riots  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: May 15, 2011, 11:29:58 AM »
Today it's been the Nakba day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakba_day

For those of you who never heard of it, Nakba day is the day the Palestinians and some of their fellow Arabs mourn over "the greatest disaster in their history"- the establishment of the state of Israel.
Nakba day has always been a day of major anti-Israeli demonstrations and riots both in the PA and among the Arab citizens of Israel.
The IDF and government of Israel works hard to control the outbursts of violence and minimize any possible casualties. 

But this year, it seems like things are going a bit too far:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4068829,00.html

Hundreds of citizens from both Syria and Lebanon organized major demonstrations along the border, and even attempted to cross it. On the Syrian border, they have succeeded, destroying part of the fence. Some time was required before infiltrators were caught and sent back to Syria. 4 Syrians were killed, dozens wounded.
The general opinion in Israel is that the action was arranged by the Syrian govenment, in order to turn the citizen's rage away from Assad.

Quite strangely, the situation in Lebanon was different. The Lebanese army was far less eager to allow civilians near the border, and kept them away from it.

In both cases, it seems like residents of other countries are even more willing to support the Palestinian goal than the Palestinians themselves. What a fantastic friendship!
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Syrians breach border in Nakba day riots
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »
Guess they gots to stick togetha :/

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Syrians breach border in Nakba day riots
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »
It's situations like this that just don't add up. Turn those sandy countries to glass, I say! (this is more of my dad's opinion then mine  ;D)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: