Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Help?  (Read 2342 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: January 29, 2015, 06:02:06 PM »
How would I advertise a forum to get people to come? I have one, but I really dont know how. :I
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:17:07 PM »
You need to link it to a google account in order to get the google webcrawler bots to send some traffic its way.
You do this using "Google Webmaster Tools", a free service you get as part of Google.
Google Webmaster Tools

To bring people to your site (without being a spammer or a solicitor), add the site/board to your signature and post things on Reddit, Imgur, etc. and keep it in your profile.

What you DON'T want to do is make a post posting your board, and asking people from here to go to it.  This is in the Rules as something not to do, because it's spamming/soliciting.
It's also essentially taking traffic from this board/site and siphoning it away, which is unfair to a site like this that actually has set up its own webmaster tools in order to bring traffic in.

Just FYI.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 06:24:13 PM »
You need to link it to a google account in order to get the google webcrawler bots to send some traffic its way.
You do this using "Google Webmaster Tools", a free service you get as part of Google.
Google Webmaster Tools

To bring people to your site (without being a spammer or a solicitor), add the site/board to your signature and post things on Reddit, Imgur, etc. and keep it in your profile.

What you DON'T want to do is make a post posting your board, and asking people from here to go to it.  This is in the Rules as something not to do, because it's spamming/soliciting.
It's also essentially taking traffic from this board/site and siphoning it away, which is unfair to a site like this that actually has set up its own webmaster tools in order to bring traffic in.

Just FYI.

Alright. Many thanks.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Tags: