Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Vampire Movies  (Read 14501 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »
Oh, I've finished watching Nosferatu at that day that we mentioned it, its pretty cool for it time. Someone tried to remake it with sucess? Lack of sound apart of music ever makes me laugh (I know that old movies are like that).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »
Oh, I've finished watching Nosferatu at that day that we mentioned it, its pretty cool for it time. Someone tried to remake it with sucess? Lack of sound apart of music ever makes me laugh (I know that old movies are like that).

It was remade as Nosferatu the Vampyre in 1979, but I've never seen it because there was allegedly some pretty heinous animal cruelty in the making of it. There's also Shadow Of the Vampire which as some others already mentioned is a fictionalized imagining of the making of Nosferatu, asking the question "What if Max Schreck really had been a vampire?"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:19:35 PM by Ratty »

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
I'm having a hard time narrowing down my favorite vampire films, but I do know Dracula: Dead and Loving It is my favorite comedy.  ;D

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
Oh I missed "Dracula: Dead and loving it" in my list!
It's one of the best comedies, so funny!
I love Mel Brooks comedies!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 03:01:56 PM »
In no particular order:
Let the Right One In (The remake Let Me In was good too)
John Carpenter's Vampires
Fright Night (original)
Fright Night 2
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Till Dusk till Dawn
Forever Knight
The Lost Boys
Blade 1
30 Days of Night
Dracula 2000
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
Near Dark
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (The one with Pee Wee in it..lol)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:39:49 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 05:59:21 AM »
Forever Knight

Oh, there was a movie? I didn't know that. Always thought it was purely a TV show.

Oh I missed "Dracula: Dead and loving it" in my list!
It's one of the best comedies, so funny!
I love Mel Brooks comedies!

"Mina... you are in the closet."

Also: that overly gory stake-the-vampire scene.  ;D

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »
I just rewatched Fright Night and man, maybe it should have been higher on my list. I love love love Roddy McDowall in this. He takes a character most actors would just play as a bumbling caricature and gives him a sad but relatable and believable ethos. The characters are (mostly) believable and the series of events seems pretty organic, making it easier for you to imagine what it would actually be like in such a situation. I think that's the main reason Fright Night is one of the few if not the only vampire movie to actually scare me. Great script and great performances coupled with memorable special effects elevate what could easily have been a quick, cheap and disposable movie.

Fright Night 2

Part of me wants to see this, but another part of me says that judging from the trailer it takes a "The Howling II Stirba: Werewolf Bitch" turn in budget and plot.

PS - If you're in the US you can watch the original Fright Night free on crackle until next month.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2013, 03:05:48 AM »

I love that scene!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2013, 06:25:29 AM »
Oh, there was a movie? I didn't know that. Always thought it was purely a TV show.

It was a Tv Show but I added it anyways. Pretty good.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »
It was a Tv Show but I added it anyways. Pretty good.

There was a TV movie made a few years before the show. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097969/

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 09:20:23 PM »

Completely funny!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Mangoaxe5

• A Rotted Heart
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • mangosgooddreams
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 05:31:11 AM »
I'm a huge fun of anything that has to do with Vampires.

My favorite Vampire movie is Bram Stoker's Dracula. Gary Oldman is amazing and Winona Ryder looks really beautiful in the film.

I also like the Underworld movies.

I used to like the Buffy movie but after seeing the TV show I now find it to be boring and an insult to Joss Whedon.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »
I used to like the Buffy movie but after seeing the TV show I now find it to be boring and an insult to Joss Whedon.

Try watching Angel, a series that originated from a Buffy's character called Angel, its really good.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 02:27:11 PM »
Winona Ryder looks really beautiful in the film.
Oohh... to be like her and get lost in a mystic and gothic landscape with wolves and castles and bushes...
Dreams, dreams... :(

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2013, 02:33:05 PM »

Well it came first and Whedon wrote it so you don't need to see it as an insult to him. He was just going for something less serious with the movie. I've never been able to get into the franchise because the TV show always seemed to take itself too seriously for me.

Tags: