Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The UoF Student Tasing Incident  (Read 29752 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:52:46 PM »
Could some one explain to me what the fuck was going on in there, 'cause I sure didn't get it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HgrFSHZfD1o

I could understand that the Florida student was behaving quite disrespectively to John Kerry, and was obviously asking too many questions, and not very innocent questions as well. In fact, from his attitude it seemed like was trying to turn the whole forum into some kind of a scandal.
What I did not get, though, was how it all very quickly ended with him being "tased", and arrested? Was he arrested? And what came up of this whole incident, was he justified and the police punished, or the other way around?

And what are your opinions about it? Do you think he deserved it? Do you think attempting to sabotage the speech and start a scandal with his attitude? Or did he have the right to ask all of his questions without interruption?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 12:55:44 PM by Freddy Krueger »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 03:49:57 PM »
In Reply To #1

The guy may have been acting inappropriately, but I certainly don't believe he should have been tased for it...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
Re: The UoF Student Tasing Incident
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 07:25:37 PM »

This reminds me of that incident where a guy didn't have a identification card. What the heck is wrong with some police? I guess those "some" out of all the police are just getting crazier!... >_>

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 08:09:05 PM »
Apparently the kid was known for causing trouble. And he asked a question along the lines of "What do you think of Bush and do you think he should be impeached" or something like that.

What I don't get is Kerry was willing to answer the kid and was telling police that, but they wouldn't listen.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 11:56:49 PM »
Apparently the kid was known for causing trouble. And he asked a question along the lines of "What do you think of Bush and do you think he should be impeached" or something like that.

I think that the student got tased not simply for asking questions, but when being taken by the police, trying to start a mess instead of cooperating. I mean, the police is taking you away, shut the fuck up! But no!
"Hey! Hey! What are you arresting me for? I didn't do anything! Let me go! Help! Help! Don't tase me, bro!"
*ZAP* *ZAP*
"Ahhhhhh! Ahhhhh!" 

i think the last thing you should say if you don't want a cop to use a taser gun on you is shouting to him not to tase you, calling him "bro". ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 07:49:26 AM »
Society of Skull and Bones.
http://www.crystalinks.com/skullbones.html

They don't want anyone knowing about all this. Face it, this country is fascist, and the 7 Amendents no longer exist.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:29:53 PM by Rugal »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 11:33:37 PM »
It's just those powerhungry cops getting their kicks by torturing the innocent.  Isn't there a sale at a donut shop somewhere?

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 12:56:00 AM »
In Reply To #6

You would have probably join the society, wouldn't you? Just for the name.  ;D

Also, seven? I guess you don't respect your parents, enjoy killing and worship statues, am I right?
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 02:20:48 AM »
Wow... None of you mentioned the First fucking Amendment?

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 07:50:09 AM »
Wow... None of you mentioned the First fucking Amendment?

I mentioned all 7, so poo to you.

Also, I wouldn't join that society just for the name. It's boring and generic.  ;D

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 09:51:09 AM »
In Reply To #10

Yeah, now it is, but back in the day, it probably scared the masses as if "FIRE!!" were scraemed in a movie theatre today...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 08:13:47 PM »
I think he deserved to get tased! Well sort of. The guy was plainly being an ass.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 08:15:37 PM »
If he were a member here, he'd be banned under the "Don't be an ass" Rule =P

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 08:18:15 PM »
Well I think he was just trying to be funny by asking dumb questions >.> and he got his laugh..... when he was tased. The world is laughing at him.

And freedom of speech is all well and good, but when the cops are asking you to leave, you should leave. Saying "Hes been talking for two hours" ain't helping.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »
If he were a member here, he'd be banned under the "Don't be an ass" Rule =P

That rule is still in effect? You had me fooled.

Anyway..

He asked 3 completely legitimate questions, in a public place, during a public speaking. They had like 4-5 cops taking this kid down, and they still had to tase him while he was in handcuffs?

Yea.. He completely deserved that. >.> (And if you don't get the sacrasm, please pull your head out of your ass.)

Tags:

anything