Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274393 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #825 on: October 15, 2016, 07:44:15 AM »
Good to see you back BMC. Since you're adding new things to the game too, maybe his sword could be a new sub-weapon, that makes he do his special attack with Alucard Sword like in SOTN, while maintaining the fireballs as a normal attack. Maybe it could replace the cross (obviously only as Alucard)? I know it should not cost few hearts or otherwise everyone would spam it for its invincibility frames.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #826 on: October 15, 2016, 12:22:49 PM »
Thanks for the input guys 8)

X - I agree dude, that was one of the only reasons i'd use Alucard TBH lol.  Especially on the end of the sunken city stage and the cliffside entrance where you go up the side of the mountain lol.  I think it would serve better to make the fireballs like his summon spirit from SOTN, where they track down enemies, but make them a "little" weaker than the Vampire Killer.

Lelygax - Thanks dude, good to be back into it!  I really like the idea of using the sword in place of the cross for Alucard.  And i'll make sure to have it deplete a good bit of the heart reserves as to not make him invulnerable lol
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #827 on: October 15, 2016, 09:04:10 PM »
Just had another thought.  Super Mario World inspired lol, how would you guys feel about carrying 2 subweapons at once?  If not i'll adapt the system like in SOTN to let you choose what you keep.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #828 on: October 16, 2016, 12:45:22 PM »
Sounds interesting to me.  Not sure if it would make things easier, or not change them that much at all.

Offline Beowulf

• Belmont Wanna-be
  • Hunter in Training
  • SOUL STEAL
    • Awards
« Reply #829 on: October 16, 2016, 03:51:57 PM »
Alucard has really evolved as a character since Draculas Curse into Symphony of the Night and so on. Since its a remake and we all see who Alucard is now, I think he should use his sword, maybe do upgrades with him from short sword, long sword, to Alucard Sword and have the fireballs as a sub weapon. His melee attacks could match the same speed as a Trevors until its upgraded to Alucard sword and then become a little bit faster. With that said, I dont think his attack power should be surpassed Trevors whip attacks but to balance it out since he gets a faster speed in attacks, it should take at least one or two more hits to take down an enemy than it would be for Trevor. His bat form should still be available like it was in Draculas Curse in the same button combination.
Just my opinion but either way man, Im really looking forward to this game!
Dear Konami. Where is my Castlevania?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #830 on: May 17, 2017, 06:18:52 AM »
Sorry for the necrobump folks lol, i've got a little time to put back into the game and have started to wipe out the original code and re-code it all to fine tune the gameplay.  Now i have a question; when it comes to getting attacked, do you guys prefer the traditional knockback or more like how the damage went from RoB up, like the pain animation without getting knocked back while on the ground?

EDIT: Also, the pain collision system is setup like classicvania for the stairs; when you take a hit on the stairs you get knocked off.  That a bit too unforgiving or should i keep it?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:33:46 AM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #831 on: May 17, 2017, 08:26:58 AM »
Make him fly or stay depending of the damage type (hard or low)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #832 on: May 17, 2017, 02:43:39 PM »
Thanks for the input eryson  8)

Tags: