Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119222 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2014, 08:16:32 PM »
I saw I, Frankenstein last night... boy it was dumb

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #331 on: January 25, 2014, 10:01:37 PM »
Akira Kurosawa's Dreams.
I watched it again. It still looks great even after a long time.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2014, 05:16:43 AM »
Wolf on Wall Street.

By far Leo's best work.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »
Rented Frozen off of On Demand to see what all the fuss was about. I don't understand the love for the music. Outside of that song I found the rest of them to be rather awful.

The movie itself was alright, I liked Tangled better though.

I also thought about renting Saving Mr. Banks, but fortunately the trailer was so damn long and showed so much that after seeing it there was no longer a need to rent the movie at all.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #334 on: March 29, 2014, 10:53:43 PM »
Return to Nuke 'Em High Volume 1

Shit sucks, almost as unfunny as Chillerama. Lloyd needs to quit writing/directing movies, he's lost his touch. This honestly didn't even feel like a Troma movie; Troma lives in other filmmakers and movies (namely Astron-6's Father's Day).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: March 29, 2014, 11:27:12 PM »
Catched up on my backlog of movies.

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, please just read the book. But still for those who haven't read that book, this is better than the first movie. But still, the book is better with all the comedic parts whereas the movie tried to be too serious.

Furious 6, I can't wait for the 7th installment next year. I'm still sad that Paul Walker is no longer with us...

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
  • Listen without distraction.
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: March 31, 2014, 09:10:04 AM »
The Grand Budapest Hotel, which was pretty sweet. Utilized Willem Dafoe very well.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: May 17, 2014, 05:05:34 AM »
Godzilla (2014)
I went in expecting monster vs monster mayhem and I got human drama.
It seems that the ones who made the movie were skimping on the CGI shots.
And finally, why is Godzilla fat?
Pacific Rim is better than this in my opinion.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: May 17, 2014, 09:08:34 AM »
I finally saw Frozen as well earlier in the week.  There were a couple of songs which were good, but Olaf the snowman was painfully annoying, aside for the creepy humour bits such as his reaction to getting impaled, or ignoring that he'd melt in the sun.  It wasn't the worst Disney film I've seen, but it's no Beauty and the Beast.  Aside for the refreshing twist, I didn't see quite why everyone's raved so much about it.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: May 17, 2014, 10:28:27 PM »
I finally saw Frozen as well earlier in the week.  There were a couple of songs which were good, but Olaf the snowman was painfully annoying, aside for the creepy humour bits such as his reaction to getting impaled, or ignoring that he'd melt in the sun.  It wasn't the worst Disney film I've seen, but it's no Beauty and the Beast.  Aside for the refreshing twist, I didn't see quite why everyone's raved so much about it.

I also didn't like Frozen. But I do understand why people were raving about it. It's the songs, they bury themselves in your head and with the current generation as karaoke lovers, you got a great combination for generating hype.

Beauty and the Beast will always be up there.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #340 on: May 18, 2014, 02:05:01 AM »
me and the gf watched godzilla today! We both really liked it. I thought it was really awesome and that they did a good job

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #341 on: May 18, 2014, 06:57:42 AM »
Godzilla (2014)
I went in expecting monster vs monster mayhem and I got human drama.
It seems that the ones who made the movie were skimping on the CGI shots.
And finally, why is Godzilla fat?
Pacific Rim is better than this in my opinion.

Well, to be fair, a lot of the original series Godzilla movies were like that to, most of them actually. Because it's cheaper, easier and faster to make the B-plot with humans into the A-plot and have 15 minutes of monster footage in an hour and a half+ movie. Which was important back then because once it was clear Godzilla could be sold to kid's matinees they were basically produced on an assembly line in the 60s and 70s.

For example- I don't know if it's true but I've always heard that possibly the worst movie in the series, known as "Godzilla's Revenge" in the west, is a result of Toho advertising the movie before they had a script. Then when a key figure in the production died they panicked and made the movie into a clip show of footage from previous Godzilla movies. With the framing device of a young boy hallucinating these clips (and imagining he's talking to Minilla) as he gathers the courage to fight bandits or something. I've got it in a Godzilla box set but never opened it, saw it in the 90s and man it was awful.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:07:14 AM by Ratty »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #342 on: May 18, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »
Godzilla's revenge was... bad in almost every way.
The Showa era was serious, but aimed towards kids. Campy Godzilla, but movies are very hit or miss with the later movies
The Heisei Era was my favorite, the movies were in  a more serious tone and better written, plus the had the balls to kill Godzilla as a hero.
The millenium era was strange, the effects were vastly improved but the plots were golden age comics levels of off the wall, Final Wars is perfect to set the tone.

I expect Godzilla 2014 to be similar to Godzilla 1984 (The return of Godzilla), as long as the human parts aren't terrible, I'm game.

Also, why did the trailers and Advertisements of Robocop 2014 make the movie suck? I watched it and I really like the new Robocop, not as a replacement, but as it's own thing. IMO Dredd and Robocop are 2 of the best recent remakes we've gotten

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #343 on: May 18, 2014, 08:52:10 PM »
Godzilla and it was freaking awesome!
It was everything I would have wanted for a new revision of the franchise except for one tiny little thing... they should have had a remix of the original theme song during the credits.
Otherwise I loved it.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »
they should have had a remix of the original theme song during the credits.

This one, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxuodY-c0yU

P. Diddy. Ruining Led Zeppelin riffs since 1998.
Uh-huh, yeah!
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything