Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The no-kids-allowed movement is spreading  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
The no-kids-allowed movement is spreading
« on: July 27, 2011, 09:56:05 AM »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The no-kids-allowed movement is spreading
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »
This policy is very much a doubled-edged sword it could fall in either direction and whip-lash right back, having disastrous results and severe consequences. They will need to be very careful about how far they take this otherwise it could lead to infants being treated like household pets. And this would go against the Declaration of Human Rights.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »
Total double-edged sword, because they'd lose costumers.
Then again, when we're talking about fancy restaurants and first-class air flights, very few young couples could afford it anyway, so probably they won't lose any money.

When referring to more public places, banning babies / toddlers would be a huge mistake. Young couples like to spend time in coffee houses and other "adult places" as well, and leaving the kids with a babysitter is not the best solution.
A better solution is for malls and such which provide the kids entertainment while the parents can relax not too-far away.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »
Freddy's got it right. Sure, everybody who doesn't have kids hates em, but so many people DO have kids that alienating those people is gonna be a lot more trouble than one might think at first glance. :/

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:24:21 PM »
I like this movement... Reign in your kid, because the law doesn't allow me to do it for you!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »
I hate kids.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 08:19:15 PM »
+1
Now if only they had something like this for Xbox Live.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »
^Hah, if they did, it'd almost be worth me signing up for it.

I don't hate kids...... as long as they don't annoy.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
I don't hate kids...... as long as they don't annoy.

You hate kids then.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
Only 98% of the time. Once you give them something to do, they tend to not annoy me.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 11:57:09 PM »
You hate kids then.

Nobody's that black and white unless you're a robot. But since we're all human we have all the variables in between. I'm the same way too. I don't like kids to an extent. As long as they behave then I've got no complaints. But if they're screaming, throwing tantrums, etc. Then they are annoying. But I must be more tolerant since I live with my sister, her partner and their child (my niece). Though she has yet to hit the 'terrible 2s' she's been a good baby so far.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 05:33:02 AM »
I think Kids should be banned from most of the internet and most of the online gaming community, that way they won't turn into typical youtubers of XBL ppl, the world could use ALOT less hate....

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »
I can't say that I'm in favor of vast swaths of public areas being banned to children (having two of my own), but it's well within an individual establishment's rights to set such policies for itself.  I just don't see why we need to pass legislature for this. And where does the line get drawn?  What happens when people want this age limitation deal to extend to anyone that's not a legal adult?  I normally despise the phrase with a passion, but I definitely think this wreaks of "slippery slope".

If we are going to start a movement designed to infringe on certain groups of people's freedom to visit certain places....then I'd much rather it be one designed to ban assholes and morons from public places.  ;D

Tags: