Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138943 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - In Development!
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2017, 10:46:44 AM »
Looks good  :D  The castle kitchen area (specifically the boss chamber) was a bit lacking in background aesthetics, however this will no-doubt make it stand out.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2017, 01:06:30 PM »
Looks good  :D  The castle kitchen area (specifically the boss chamber) was a bit lacking in background aesthetics, however this will no-doubt make it stand out.

This is exactly what I am trying to fix :) Here is a screenshot of the whole room remade with animated smoke and fire in the crematorium oven.

Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2018, 12:24:01 PM »
After some time I worked on some new environmental things in the Castle Kitchen. Also I have made the kitchen bigger.
Now you can't go right at the first boss first you need to find a way to open the door that leads to him.

Here are the things that I made with some difficulties:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5o88Enox2E

The rotating skeletons were quite difficult since I had to attach the legs and hands separately.

The conveyers were easy to do but the gravity of the corpse parts was difficult.

There also many more drawn things.

I also implemented the Relic slot in the equipment menu:

This slot of equipment will allow Erhard to make his spells better and discover more secrets in the Castle.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2018, 06:10:41 PM »
Saw the vid and it's looking good! Having some of those little tid-bits helps to flesh out the area more. Kinda like what we got in SotN.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #289 on: February 28, 2018, 04:49:27 AM »
Decided to share some of the new weapons that I have been drawing:

From left to right you have:
Almec, Great Mace of Quetzalcoatl (2-hand mace with Air attribute)
Seraphos, Archangel's Might (2-hand sword with Light attribute)
Glacius, the Ice Needle (1-hand sword with Ice attribute)
Iron Gauntlet (fist weapon with Normal attribute)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #290 on: February 28, 2018, 12:55:36 PM »
Holy Seraphos that thing is a beast!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2018, 12:07:29 AM »
YoYo games confirmed that Game Maker Studio 2 will now be available for Nintendo Switch. That means that I will definitely port the game there as I own GMS2 :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: May 19, 2018, 10:40:27 AM »
+1
Hello everyone! I am not DEAD! :D

I am working on the game. Not as much as I want but I am still making progress!

Some new things. I have added a new section in the pause menu called "Lore". There you can find an archives that contain lore relics (scrolls, tablets, pages). Those items do not affect the gameplay but they will tell you interesting stories or help you in your journey into the castle's depths. Many of them will give you clues in solving puzzles. Some of them will contain some kind of art pages. I have made this just to make the game be more atmospheric and lore heavy.

Here is the first draft of the Lore menu:

I have also updated the bestiary page! Now it will contain the Loot table of the selected enemy. The enemies will have 0, 1 or 2 items. The item will be displayed after its first drop just like in our beloved Castlevania games!

Here is the first draft of that menu too:

I have fixed so many bugs!

Unfortunately my cheap controller is giving me problems and soo I might be forced to buy a new one and better one like xBox or something.

So this is it! I am still progressing with the game and I plan to be more involved in it and try to dedicate more time to it.

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #293 on: June 01, 2018, 11:29:00 AM »
It all looks great as always! Want to play it :). How's the progress overall?

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: June 02, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »
It all looks great as always! Want to play it :). How's the progress overall?

Currently I am fixing bugs with the menus and drawing new stuff.

I MUST redraw and redesign some enemies in order to fit the progress of the game. Also some environments must be redrawn as well.

After ALL this I will release the so called FINAL demo of the game. And from then I will update only with videos and pictures.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #295 on: June 02, 2018, 10:00:52 AM »
Damn, you've been working on this 6 years now?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: June 02, 2018, 10:45:11 AM »
Damn, you've been working on this 6 years now?
No. I started it 6 years ago. I had 2 big breaks for 1 year each because I did not know how to fix some problems. Then I had smaller breaks some for 3-6 months. Then I learn some more and continue. The whole thing is around 1 year of work.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:42:44 PM by Zuljaras »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #297 on: June 02, 2018, 11:54:46 PM »
That's the beauty of ongoing projects like these. They help you to learn things and you get better as you progress.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: June 03, 2018, 01:40:40 PM »
Those are screenshots of Grag redesign.

Here he is using his big mouth to spew toxic gas from his body.

Here is his new death animation. At the end he will blow up and there will be parts and corpses everywhere :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #299 on: October 24, 2018, 12:27:15 AM »
+1
I consider of changing the name of the game to Castletopia. It is more fitting the game and I searched for it and it is not used in the gaming industry I think.