Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Remix  (Read 600136 times)

Offline PHBelmont

• Hunter in Training
  • Simon Belmont Forever
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • My Youtube Channel (VGM)
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #735 on: May 25, 2014, 09:04:30 AM »
Anti-soul Mysteries Lab - Castlevania: Dracula X SNES Style  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spe1EgFC5Fc
My Youtube Channel! SNES Style Remixes and MORE.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPatoHerrera12

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #736 on: May 25, 2014, 10:03:43 AM »
I think that one came out particularly very well. I really like seeing the PS2 entries getting retro remixes. They're rare.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #737 on: May 28, 2014, 07:17:38 PM »
+2
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #741 on: June 04, 2014, 03:39:51 PM »
+1

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #742 on: June 08, 2014, 12:06:27 AM »
I'd play the shit out of a game that had this soundtrack. It's the whole Castlevania: Bloodlines soundtrack remixed.

Requires to make an account or log in with Facebook to see.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22224677
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #743 on: June 08, 2014, 01:12:51 AM »
+1
Requires to make an account or log in with Facebook to see.
Problem solved.

Anyway, Reincarnated Soul was plenty rockin', me gusta. Also dig that slightly LoI-esque Prayer of a Tragic Queen. I think the arranger went a bit overboard with the techno on Calling From Heaven though, and sadly The Vampire's Stomach felt a bit too weak IMO.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 01:36:16 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #744 on: June 09, 2014, 08:02:21 AM »
Anyway, Reincarnated Soul was plenty rockin', me gusta. Also dig that slightly LoI-esque Prayer of a Tragic Queen. I think the arranger went a bit overboard with the techno on Calling From Heaven though, and sadly The Vampire's Stomach felt a bit too weak IMO.

I agree. No one seems to reproduce Vampire's Stomach with the power a final boss theme should have; Not even Michiru Yamane herself could do it on that Best Music Selection BOX version (which is not on Youtube).

So... Here I found this one BOSS Calling From Heaven:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKHA6P6R98
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:03:55 AM by theplottwist »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #745 on: June 10, 2014, 06:54:18 PM »
Instead of posting a song, I'll post a list of what songs I think must be remixed. Seriously, there are some tracks that are INCREDIBLY underrated, and are extremelly good. Some songs were remixed, but holy crap they were never remixed well... They are mostly boss themes (I love me some impact music).

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:39:09 AM by theplottwist »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #746 on: June 10, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »
PARDON YOU, SIR, I DID DESTINY'S STAGE, CANTUS MOTETTEN, AND CHAMBER OF RUIN. YOU HANG OUT ON CVBLA, YOU SHOULD AT LEAST KNOW ABOUT CHAMBER OF RUIN. CHECK MR. P'S CASTLEVANIA REALM SOMETIME WHYDONCHA.

But on a less derp note, I can do some of these if you'd like. Any particulars who'd prefer over others?

And
Quote from: PHBelmont
Anti-soul Mysteries Lab - Castlevania: Dracula X SNES Style  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spe1EgFC5Fc
oh my God, Patricio, that's fucking awesome.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:06:55 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #747 on: June 10, 2014, 08:10:14 PM »
PARDON YOU, SIR, I DID DESTINY'S STAGE, CANTUS MOTETTEN, AND CHAMBER OF RUIN. YOU HANG OUT ON CVBLA, YOU SHOULD AT LEAST KNOW ABOUT CHAMBER OF RUIN. CHECK MR. P'S CASTLEVANIA REALM SOMETIME WHYDONCHA.

WOAH WOAH WOAH wait, I never knew! I only knew about Sons of Satan (one of the songs on the list which I removed from it exactly because you did it).

Well... I didn't like Chamber of Ruin much. There are sounds a little too "MIDI" in there. I like Destiny Stage, it was a good arrange using that blow flute (I'm not sure about the name of the instrument). Cantus Motetten I couldn't find over Mr. P Realm. If you could link me to your EVERY song, it'd be much appreciated!

About arranging one song... Hm... Vampire's Stomach and Lord of the Vampires would be great!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #748 on: June 11, 2014, 03:07:37 AM »
@theplottwist: You didn't listen to Vampire Variations - Volume II, did you? "The Six Servants of the Devil" and "The Vampire's Stomach" are both remixed on this album.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #749 on: June 11, 2014, 09:06:18 AM »
@theplottwist: You didn't listen to Vampire Variations - Volume II, did you? "The Six Servants of the Devil" and "The Vampire's Stomach" are both remixed on this album.

So I downloaded the album. Vampire's Stomach sounds gorjeous. It somehow doesn't sound like a boss theme... I don't know why since I'm not a musician, but I risk saying it's the drums. Six Servants of Evil, though... I could barely recognize the song. It's a good song, but sounds so little like the original one I cannot equate them to compare.

The whole album sounds incredible. Thank you for letting me know it exists.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:07:51 AM by theplottwist »