Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Operation Akumajo preparing for Konami Campaign 9/26/11  (Read 47461 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Operation Akumajo preparing for Konami Campaign 9/26/11
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2011, 12:57:14 AM »
On the 26th they announce Castlevania 5. WIN!

But that wouldn't even make sense.  :-\

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2011, 03:09:30 AM »
But that wouldn't even make sense.  :-\

Why not?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2011, 10:39:59 AM »
One week to go until the party.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »
That man isn't Adolf Hitler. That, and his uniform looks British, not German. But yeah I can agree that if someone compares you to another person they lose a severe amount of credibility. Life is like a double-edged sword; don't cut unless you're prepared to be cut.

He was a German Colonel General.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_von_Fritsch

And eh. In regards to something of this nature, I probably have more credibility than anyone on this forum. Something I don't feel I have to prove : p

If there is anyone who knows anything about online promotion, getting followers, and the like, especially in relation to something Castlevania related, it's moi : )
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:49:57 AM by Successor The Red »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
I probably have more credibility than anyone on this forum.

Not Gunlord.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »
He was a German Colonel General.

Thanks. The uniform threw me off until you clarified it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2011, 11:49:13 AM »
Not Gunlord.

He's pretty up there. In the halls of legend, they still sing songs of his accomplishments and will for many days to come, particularly his performance of the VOTOMs theme. Some whisper that Gunlord will surpass the Halls of Legend, and be elevated to the Mount of Mythology. Now, I don't know if this is true, but I can see the potential for it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:52:21 AM by Successor The Red »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2011, 01:57:36 PM »
What does a Nazi General have to do with a Simple Operation that is pretty much devoted to preserving the development of 2D games and the 25th Anniversary? Nothing.
If your looking for tactics, See what the other Operations are doing to get a good idea on what to do.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »
The Anniversary looks like a bust no matter what, so the short term focus with the Tribute that's coming up is to help raise awareness, and then use that awareness as leverage for the long term goals like Demon Castle War and Dracula's Curse Chronicles.

That's just it, though. Your long-term goals could also go for more simplicity and broader fan appeal. Using a grassroots campaign to get a Demon Castle War game or a Dracula's Curse remake will get some supporters, but it will also leave a lot of people scratching their heads, and some people just flat-out disagreeing (that one is expected in any scenario, but I digress). I know that nobody wants to water down their ideas, but you might find more success in focusing more on the state of the series in general, or possibly the total lack of info on Konami's part (the current status of the series, IGA's status, etc).
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »
know that nobody wants to water down their ideas, but you might find more success in focusing more on the state of the series in general, or possibly the total lack of info on Konami's part (the current status of the series, IGA's status, etc).

The problem there though is that your still only limiting yourself to just the Castlevania fanbase and a very specific group of them too, which isnt going to help increase numbers. The Operations ideas are going to need to have wider appeal in order for Konami to take notice, remember that the effect Konami wanted from LOS was for more people (and their wallets) to be interested in Castlevania so I think it would be pretty safe to say that even if everyone on this forum joined Operation Akumjo it still wouldn't have the numbers to satisfy Konami's greed otherwise thngs would be very different right now. 

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2011, 01:51:01 AM »
The problem there though is that your still only limiting yourself to just the Castlevania fanbase and a very specific group of them too, which isnt going to help increase numbers.

How so? ??? I think addressing the current state of the series in general, and the lack of news/recognition of the anniversary may have the broadest appeal you can get. But I do agree: it needs more support than just more Dungeon users. It would have to be at least several thousand to start getting recognition. Probably at least tens of thousands to hold any significance with Konami.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2011, 02:13:26 AM »
How so?

Whether you consider the series to be in a state of decline or growth is a matter of opinion
& based off the LOS reviews that I've read the most popular opinion is that Castlevania has never been better.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2011, 02:17:10 AM »
Whether you consider the series to be in a state of decline or growth is a matter of opinion
& based off the LOS reviews that I've read the most popular opinion is that Castlevania has never been better.

I also recall the Reviews Praising Dead Island for its graphics (console version) just to be shattered by non-commercial reviews (many problems)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2011, 02:26:53 AM »

That might be true, but you can't get many satisfied fans to join a movement asking for change. I'm only talking about finding better ways to address the shortcomings of the series. It's true that criticism of the series might not get many supporters in general, but there are definitely ways to maximize that number.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2011, 05:57:01 AM »
Online petitions like this never work. This movement is largley inspired by Operation Rainfall and Moonfall, correct? I think the difference between them and Operation Akumajou is that they demand something that already exist or at least has been considered by the developers. But even those operations don't have any success, so why even bother?         

Tags: