Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Until We Win: Castlevania"  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »
So Jason "LordKat" Pullara recently covered the first Castlevania game in his series of tip/guide videos. He's done some others in the past but I've not watched them, I figured since I know this game much better than the others he's done it would be an interesting view.

Until We Win: Castlevania

It's funny to see some of the things he could do better (like simply walking down that Medusa head corridor in stage 3, or still being able to stunlock Frankenstein & Igor) because it makes me remember how much of a struggle it was when I first played the game. What do you all think?

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »
An enjoyable watch!  If only that one picture of WiiU box art were a real game, eh?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 07:41:24 AM »
I like how it feels authentic, its better to see they die some times than watch a perfect run :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »
He says it was released in 1996.  :)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:39:17 PM »
He says it was released in 1996.  :)

Hah, missed that. Bet he's been bugged about it already. Kind of funny considering the long rant he did about checking your sources at the start of his UWW video for Double Dragon 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjJ7hZpN3PE

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 08:24:44 PM »
I found it informative and amusing all at once  ;D  When he complains about the flea men *chuckle*

However for the boss tactics of stages 1 and 2 he forgot to mention--though it was shown in the vid--that the stopwatch could freeze both the Phantom Bat boss and Medusa boss for a cheap victory.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 09:50:06 PM »
I think he should have mentioned holy water one shots axe knights. Making that hallway to death easier.

Tags:

anything