Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Main Trailer  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Main Trailer
« on: November 07, 2014, 12:17:25 AM »
YES! Finally!
Watch in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVAgTiBrrDA#ws

Christopher Lee!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:47:29 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Main Trailer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:45:31 AM »
Is that the last of the Hobbit films or is that like...part 1 of two?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »
I'll go see it but I get crabby when I watch these movies XD

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 02:31:33 PM »
I get crabby when I watch these movies XD

Why? lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 03:54:23 PM »
Because I've read and really enjoy the books.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 03:49:41 AM »
Is that the last of the Hobbit films or is that like...part 1 of two?

That the last. They can't afford to extend it further. It has been extended way too much, as it is.

Because I've read and really enjoy the books.

Hehehe, I agree because the book is straightforward and PJ and co. added a lot of embellishments from the appendices of LOTR. At least they don't have their hands yet on the Silmarillion, or else....

Either way, I'm still looking forward to this movie.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 03:51:37 AM »
I'm still pissed they didn't stick with "There and Back Again" as the title. But knowing PJ, that forty-minute fight sequence should and probably will make up for that grievance.

Can't wait to hear Benedict's death scream and see The Master lose his shit over his share of the gold. And the reprisal of Thorin's Song, assuming they do it.

At least they don't have their hands yet on the Silmarillion, or else....
Tolkien's family, last I checked on this, won't let them do it. PJ's been trying for ages, but as far as I know he still hasn't succeeded. Which is a shame, because for all the posturing over book-film inaccuracies, PJ's damn good at what he does, and I honestly believe he's painted Middle-Earth in a way nobody else ever could have. Inaccuracies or no, I would definitely like to see Morgoth and the Fall of Gondolin on the silver screen.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:53:53 AM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 03:58:28 AM »
I'm still pissed they didn't stick with "There and Back Again" as the title. But knowing PJ, that forty-minute fight sequence should and probably will make up for that grievance.

Tolkien's family, last I checked on this, won't let them do it. PJ's been trying for ages, but as far as I know he still hasn't succeeded. Which is a shame, because for all the posturing over book-film inaccuracies, PJ's damn good at what he does, and I honestly believe he's painted Middle-Earth in a way nobody else ever could have. Inaccuracies or no, I would definitely like to see Morgoth and the Fall of Gondolin on the silver screen.

Get the title change over with, if there's any consolation, it was the working title of the movie.

Yeah, with the advancement of CGI nowadays, it won't be impossible, but I do suggest to give PJ a break. He already gave a lot for the new generation to appreciate and love Middle Earth.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 04:37:35 AM »
NO SHIROI I WON'T GET OVER IT THAT NAME BROUGHT THE ENTIRE SIX MOVIES FULL-CIRCLE YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM

But yeah. as much as I'd love a PJ Silmarillion, the guy's definitely earned a breather and then some.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 07:00:49 AM »
My reaction to this trailer was very mixed.  It looks stunning visually, but the Tauriel x Kili snippet made me cringe.  It feels as well like it's trying to overtake the Battle of Pelennor Fields in terms of grand scale, when really that should be the bigger battle.  I also dislike the way that it just feels so big Hollywood blockbuster-y in how its marketted these days.  While there are art and costumes books, they're not like the beauties that were released for LotR.  The Hobbiton film set visitor centre thing, the Air NZ safety videos (which I will admit are funny)... it just feels a bit tacky and commercial sellout.  The cases for the extended editions are also pretty fug compared to the gorgeously decorated dvd cases for the LotR EE.  I picked up my DoS EE blu-ray up yesterday, and the way the discs are laid out is awful, teh front and back discs seriously run the risk of being damaged the way they are.

As for PJ getting his hands on The Silmarillion, I'm in as mixed a mind about it as I am about The Hobbt.  I think that it would work better as a tv series rather than a movie.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »
First two movies sucked. This one will suck as well.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
Good 2000th post, Rugal.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »
@Drac9: Hard to believe, since he hardly posts something (what is a shame).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 01:52:08 PM »
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/21/the-hobbit-last-goodbye-music-video/

Music video for the ending credits song 'The Last Goodbye' for The Battle of the Five Armies, sung by Bily Boyd.  On second listening, and with the music video in place, it's grown on me. I don't like it as much as 'May it Be' and 'Into the West', but it's stil pretty good, and sent shivers down my spine.  It's a lot better than 'I See Fire'.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 11:04:52 PM »
It is a nice song to end the Hobbit. Besides, it serves a double purpose as a farewell to middle earth in films.
Do not compare it to May it Be and Into the West, those 2 songs heavily reflect the heavy emotional gravitas of the Lord of the Rings. Hobbit is much lighter in tone than LOTR, no matter how much PJ wants to make it heavier.

Tags:

anything