Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM  (Read 50699 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
Cox won't stop until he's re-made all of Konami's franchises in his image!

Yeah. All the series must be transformed into generic.

The new Contra planned by Cox is really just another WWII shooter.

ZING

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2011, 07:59:52 PM »
He helped with Contra Rebirth.

Is that why it didn't turn out so good? My only beef with it was that the Red Falcon alien did not look like an alien at all, but more like a robot...Oh come on now! That and the graphics were several steps backwards when compared to contra 4.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2011, 08:13:10 PM »
Yeah. All the series must be transformed into generic.

The new Contra planned by Cox is really just another WWII shooter.

ZING

I was going to say another Gears of War.

Though I would flip my shit if Cox's Contra took into account the Super Contra plot of aliens stealing technology from a museum, so it'd actually be a combination of WWII shooter AND Gears of War.

OH GOD THAT'S MUCH WORSE WHAT HAVE I DONE

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »
If it was like Gears, it would actually be Contra in 3D though. So that can't happen. Third person would be a good idea and isn't generic enough anyway. He'd have to make it boring old first person for all the mainstream players.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:57:35 PM by uzo »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »
If it was like Gears, it would actually be Contra in 3D though. So that can't happen. Third person would be a good idea and isn't generic enough anyway. He'd have to make it boring old first person for all the mainstream players.

I guess... but Gears is a lot about hiding behind walls, while Contra is more about dodging an onslaught of bullets with no protection outside of twitchy thumbs.

How the hell would that work out in 3D, anyway? I guess sorta like that PS1 game ONE.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2011, 05:46:13 AM »
AAAHHH. I need to buy a 3DS then.

Tags:

anything