Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The most powerful character  (Read 39621 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2007, 10:30:48 PM »
In Reply To #64

LOL! I seen CG renders at DeviantArt that look better than that render. Though, I'm lead to believe that THAT specific art of Female Dracula was meant to be a sorta concept art/prototype. If you view the trailer, they show a vampire woman(you really don't see her much, mostly just silhouette) who has her hair down. She reminds me of Elizabeth Bartley. THAT design kinda looked alright(though we didn't really see it too well). The whole "I don't know if I'm a vampire or some bride of Frankenstein wannabe?" thing was just too horrible to even be considered a design for Castlevania. I'd like to think(LIKE to think) that the CG designers were just farting around with the programs.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2007, 10:35:51 PM »
In Reply To #74

Actually, according to Lament, Death is owned by the holder of the Crimson stone, and Dracula owns him. So he can't be the best.

Not to mention, Death mightnot be Death. He might just be a demon that took the name of Death.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2007, 11:11:39 PM »
In Reply To #74

Actually, according to Lament, Death is owned by the holder of the Crimson stone, and Dracula owns him. So he can't be the best.

Not to mention, Death mightnot be Death. He might just be a demon that took the name of Death.

I've never heard that before is it stated in LOI cuz I may have just missed it.  :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2007, 11:16:06 PM »
IIRC, Death says it at the very end, when he "betrays" Walter.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2007, 11:50:26 PM »
ah okay, it's been so long since I've played it I'd totally forgotten.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »
In Reply To #80

Well, I couldve remembered wrong, god knows I have a terrible memory.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2007, 11:53:22 PM »
I'd check but I recently accidentally broke my ps2 when I was trying to mod it and I have to buy a new one.  :-[

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2007, 01:18:37 AM »
It's Mathias who betrays Walter, not Death. Mathias had a deal of some sort with Walter (Walter mentions at one point "It's just like that knight said" and death is no knight), and what other deal could walter want than immortality?

The way I see it, Mathias made a deal with Walter, so that once he does everything according to his master plan he'll have his eternal servant, Death, forget about him and his soul, thus letting him resurrect once he dies.

Of course Mathias had no plans to keep his promise, since he needed the soul of a powerful vampire. And then there's that whole silly "egg" animation which was more than likely supposed to symbolise the rebirth of Mathias as a vampire.

Anyway I still stand by my decision, Death is the most powerful. Even if Dracula owns him, he only owns his earthly manifestation. Once Drac dies in 1999 I guess he also has a non-planned meeting with mr. bonehead.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:20:35 AM by Serio »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2007, 02:10:44 AM »
It's Mathias who betrays Walter, not Death. Mathias had a deal of some sort with Walter (Walter mentions at one point "It's just like that knight said" and death is no knight), and what other deal could walter want than immortality?

The way I see it, Mathias made a deal with Walter, so that once he does everything according to his master plan he'll have his eternal servant, Death, forget about him and his soul, thus letting him resurrect once he dies.

Of course Mathias had no plans to keep his promise, since he needed the soul of a powerful vampire. And then there's that whole silly "egg" animation which was more than likely supposed to symbolise the rebirth of Mathias as a vampire.

Anyway I still stand by my decision, Death is the most powerful. Even if Dracula owns him, he only owns his earthly manifestation. Once Drac dies in 1999 I guess he also has a non-planned meeting with mr. bonehead.

Thanks Serio, okay so it's not the stone that controls death it's Mathias himself. Hmm I hope this is explained in a later game. I think it'd be cool if Mathias made a deal with the devil or something. :)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2007, 02:14:00 AM »
I know I have a bad memory, but I am very sure Death said he served the holder of teh Crimson stone, that could either mean he serves the one who holds it or Dracula, who holds it.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2007, 02:17:10 AM »
Yeah, I didn't mean Death was controlled by Mathias just because. I didn't mention the stone bit since it wasn't relevant to what i was saying.

The eternal servant part was just taken from one of the games' descriptions. :P

Perhaps what i said was a bit vague too, since i used too many 'he's.

The way I see it, Mathias made a deal with Walter, so that once he (Walter) does everything according to his (Mathias's) master plan he'll (Mathias) have his eternal servant, Death, forget about him (Walter) and his soul, thus letting him (Walter) resurrect once he dies.

Hence Walter being so sure he'll be able to resurrect. I don't think anyone in the cv realm can just cheat Death and resurrect, with Drac being an exception since he controls Death.

:P

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2007, 02:19:44 AM »
Yeah, I didn't mean Death was controlled by Mathias just because. I didn't mention the stone bit since it wasn't relevant to what i was saying.

The eternal servant part was just taken from one of the games' descriptions. :P

Perhaps what i said was a bit vague too, since i used too many 'he's.

Hence Walter being so sure he'll be able to resurrect. I don't think anyone in the cv realm can just cheat Death and resurrect, with Drac being an exception since he controls Death.

:P

oh okay thanks.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »
The answer is obvious. Despite his numerous defeats - Dracula.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »
Gaaah! So much arguement on the most powerful character. You know what? I think Vincent Dorin is the most powerful character! There!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2007, 09:13:03 PM »
Chuck Norris.

Tags:

anything