Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Dracula movie?  (Read 11500 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2012, 08:42:57 PM »
Studios tend to bullshit a lot on the packaging. I found out that episodes 1–5 are SD productions. If three-fourths of the second Blu-ray set look like upscales, something'll definitely be wrong. Hoping for the best.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »
Ahh it's just as well that I stick with my older discs then, not that I was planning to get the 1-4 set anyway lol. And yeah, I learned a long time ago to be wary of any claims on packaging. Remember when any crappy transfer coming down the pipe would say "digitally remastered" on it?
That always struck me as an odd thing to advertise on the Hellsing Ultimate package anyway, probably why I remembered it at all.
I mean the DVD is in standard definition, why bother to put that the master was supposedly in HD?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:38:49 PM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2012, 02:40:55 PM »
Unless Geneon were given a misleading HD master all those years back, one that was already upscaled.

There probably isn't much point to getting the first Blu-ray volume if you have all the eps on DVD already. I only ever bought the first one, and being a bit of a quality nut even when the upgrade is fairly minimal, I'm excited just to have the series in the highest possible quality. When you take an uncompressed SD digital master and upscale it properly, it'll look better than the DVDs. Such was the case with Samurai Champloo, but again the increase in detail and color reproduction is not greatly significant.

Excited for eps 6-8 though since they'll be native HD, and I guess the first The Dawn episode will be included.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything