Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Turn a regular enemy into a boss  (Read 10972 times)

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 10:08:20 AM »

I imagine a Kraken! The boss will be near the bottom of the castle where the castle connects with the lake or the sea.
There would be caverns filled with water that lead to the ocean. The battle will not be in the open sea but in the caverns.

I know in the picture I draw the kraken too much in the open but that is just to support my idea.
And I think I will definetely do it in my own game :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »
At least half of the enemies in CV can be a boss. So yea.... at least half of them.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Turn a regular enemy into a boss
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
Blade Master boss!  ;D That ninja skeleton, same size, but much faster and harder to hit. Also, should use a variety of attacks which are impossible to avoid. Would kick your ass, hehe.
Throw in some unarmed attacks like flying kicks and throwing various types of shuriken (throwing ninja stars) while jumping around. It would be one hell of a difficult and annoying boss fight, but one that would fun as well.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »
The Owl Knight could work as an interesting boss.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 06:22:34 PM »
whole room poltergiest, Just imagine having to dodge and take out every piece of furniture

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 08:26:55 PM »
whole room poltergiest, Just imagine having to dodge and take out every piece of furniture

It's been a while but seems like they did that in the Castlevania clone Master of Darkness on the Sega Master System/GG. Although the furniture only spawned 2 or 3 at a time.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
Stick a Flea Man in a giant steam powered mech & battle on an outer wall of the Castle, perhaps a courtyard. Or maybe like 3 in a few large-ish sized mechs & fight 'em all at once. You're welcome, Konami.
There's no apparent way to confirm this, but I think that the second boss in Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth "is" a boss version of a fleaman.  Or at least Igor from the original Castlevania, who gets beefy for a time like Mr. Hyde, until it wears off.  Plus the "executioner" from Mirror of Fate might be a boss version of a hunchback.  But yeah, if they'd put a flea man in a suit of armor with insane axe attacks - a flea man in a steam powered mech would be very fitting!

Offline Attila

• δεσπότες
  • μάστιγα του θεού
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 03:09:01 AM »
How about Stola become a boss? Kicking good

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »
What about Slogra and Gaibon as bosses and not regular enemies? It's been a long time since SCV4 and SotN.

Tags:

anything