Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Evidence of RPGamer's Idiocy  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:25:43 PM »
http://www.rpgamer.com/editor/2008/q2/040708ss.html

YES, how DARE Squaresoft make a final boss that makes you *GASP* THINK!??!?!
Exdeath and Neo-exdeath are easy if you max out the job system.
Also, FF 6 is grossly over-rated, and is not helped by the floating continent and the world of ruin.
All I can say to all that is, If you couldn't plan ahead, you should not have even purchased the game.  Moron. 

http://board.rpgamer.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=17434

Quote from Slayer of god:
I spent over two hours leveling in the final dungeon of FFIV so I could beat Zeromus. Granted I played the hard-type version, but still.

Anyway, Exdeath's cheapness can mainly be attributed to his attack that petrifies and KOs you at the same time, thus making winning coming down to how many times he chooses to use it. Not even the awesome battle music can make up for that crap. Quote

Quote from Stewie32887:
My party was pretty good I thought. I had a mastered Dragoon with some knight skills. A Knight that was equipped with level 4 White magic. A Ranger with level 4 time magic and a Monk with level 4 black magic. Damage wise I could dish it out. In a single round I could hit an opponent with flare, holy and meteor and my Dragoon was dealing some substantial physical damage. The problem I was having was that Exdeath had some attacks that would deal enough damage to wipe my party out even when their HP was full.

As a rule I finish every random encounter I enter into, mostly because I hate grinding and feel the game is less tedious if I just take em as they come. At my level I was able to literally hand the other bosses anuses back to them but Exdeath is able to kill me that easily? I shouldn't be able to knock him off with a single hit but when its been progressing the way it was for me I should stand a chance.

I can agree that FFV has a superior battle system, but honestly nothing else about the games compares to Final Fantasy VI. VI is flawed. The second half of the game can drag a bit, but the characters and story are much better than V's and that makes a huge difference I think.

III and IV are a similar case. I found the job system of III more interesting than the complete lack of control presented by IV but as a game I much prefer IV. Its just a better game.

Heh, III's boss is another good example of an unfair boss. I've in the high fifties, can take every other creature in the game with complete ease and she still takes me down in less than five rounds every time. SO ANNOYING!

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/currents/2008/column/om021308.html

And let's not forget this one, not even using a shield.  Honestly are people so lacking in common sense to equip the shield before the slogra-gaibon fight? >:(

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 05:27:23 AM »
...I like FF VI...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:24:06 PM »
FF 6 is grossly over-rated

Hm. FF6 is all sorts of things, but over-rated isn't one of them. The game is very close to perfection in my book. I honestly can't think of any other FF I can say the same thing about. Or any other game for that matter. Except maybe Tetris. And Super Metroid.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 06:28:09 AM »
Its too bad he didn't add FFVII was better, than we'd know for sure if they were one of those FFVII fanboys who think it created the world.

EDIT: fix the FF8 to FF7. >.>
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:47:03 AM by Kale »

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Evidence of RPGamer's Idiocy
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 09:33:47 AM »
+1
I didn't like their hoshigami and Vandal Hearts 2 review. If you can't appreciate good music and a battle system that makes you think then you aren't much of a gamer. (seriously....why even play a tactical game if you don't like that style?)
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 03:02:46 AM »
+1
FF V is easy that guy's a loser. I beat that guy my first attempt.

Hm. FF6 is all sorts of things, but over-rated isn't one of them. The game is very close to perfection in my book. I honestly can't think of any other FF I can say the same thing about. Or any other game for that matter. Except maybe Tetris. And Super Metroid.

The mother brain fight in super metroid was a joke though, coming off of those insanely hard ridley and hovering creature fights. That's the only  thing I don't like about it they should have made motherbrain next to impossible to beat not a pushover after all that hard work. And if you get all the energy tanks you could be asleep and beat her.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:05:41 AM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Evidence of RPGamer's Idiocy
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 11:36:22 PM »
wait, ff6 overrated?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 11:40:04 PM by le052383 »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 03:48:19 AM »
In Reply To #7

FF8 has one of the best boss music themes imo and with ffx, i believe that they are the best so far.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 07:49:59 AM »
The music was the only thing that I liked in FF10.

Everything else sucked.

The battle system was FF2's on crack.  >:(

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »
In Reply To #9

FF10 story was great imo and the battle system was cool!!

For me the only decent FF games are FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF10 and FF crisis core.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 01:13:17 PM »
In Reply To #9

FF10 story was great imo and the battle system was cool!!

For me the only decent FF games are FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF10 and FF crisis core.

you don't like IV!?  Thats the best one and has the most epic story.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 12:08:33 AM »
In Reply To #11

Ooops!! I forgot it. Shame on me! :-X
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 01:23:21 AM »

Tags:

anything