Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Requiem, Rondo/SotN PS4 port officially announced  (Read 19545 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Requiem, Rondo/SotN PS4 port officially announced
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2018, 07:58:08 AM »
I have bought it, but the game will be playable after midnight today. It's locked until then with a clock counting until it's unlocked.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2018, 11:53:33 AM »
Me too.  There’s finally enough games on my PS4 to justify a “Castlevania” folder if you include Bloodstained titles, which I gleefully created yesterday.  Played some Haunted Castle out of that folder in anticipation of requiem, and I’ve got a space reserved for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2018, 12:04:00 AM »
Saw the trophy list and am a little disappointed that I don’t see any references to a playable Maria in Symphony of the Night.  I’ve got strong doubts that she’s in it now, grrr.  Maybe she’s in it and the makers of the game didn’t even realize it lol.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8366-castlevania-requiem-symphony-of-the-night-rondo-of-blood
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:08:53 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2018, 09:59:38 AM »
These are essentially ports of the PSP versions (right down to Rondo's blurry text on the pause menu and title screen), so I'd be very surprised if Maria isn't unlockable in SOTN.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:01:51 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2018, 10:11:14 AM »
The facebook page just showed footage of playable Maria, and yes, it's wet tissue paper PSP Maria.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2018, 02:26:51 PM »
Cripes, Konami didn't even bother to remap Alucard's transformations. As on the PSP, you use mist form by pressing L1+R1, completely neglecting the triggers.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
Oh that’s good, still sad you don’t get a trophy for beating the game with her, but no biggie ha.  Sucks about the mist form mapping.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2018, 05:38:50 PM »
+1 for the "wish they'd have just thrown in DXC with this package" but I guess they're trying to market it as something new and normies don't seem to like DXC.

I've seen some funny glitches though, like Olrox exploding and not stopping so you either have to Library Card out and miss the life pot or reatart your game. Oh Konami, never change  :rollseyes:

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2018, 10:00:55 PM »
It's actually worse.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/28/parappa-rapper-remastered-actually-emulated-heres-done/

Konami just modifies a PSP rom, provides some hi-res assets, and ships it to Sony.
Sony just injects everything in, change a line of code, add a couple lines of code, and presto!

This guy pretty much predicted it.... oh wait.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2018, 01:51:32 AM »
+1 for the "wish they'd have just thrown in DXC with this package" but I guess they're trying to market it as something new and normies don't seem to like DXC.

I've seen some funny glitches though, like Olrox exploding and not stopping so you either have to Library Card out and miss the life pot or reatart your game. Oh Konami, never change  :rollseyes:

Yep, I got this glitch tonight, too. And some of the map completion is a bit wonky.

I didn't think I was going to buy the damn thing, but then I also wanted to play Rondo without having to hook the psp up to the tv.  Another case of Konami getting my money and me feeling like a sucker, lol
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2018, 04:50:23 AM »
When you input the Konami code on the title screen, you will grain access to Akumajo Dracula X Peke

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2018, 03:46:00 PM »
sweet!  what do you have to do to unlock the dxc remake?  j/k.  but i wouldn’t be surprised if it were in the code somewhere lol. 

Tags:

anything