Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 97920 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 06:13:15 AM »
LOS is a Reboot
In other words Konami hit the reset button on Castlevania
I would consider that more comparable to a giant comet wiping the slate clean than the natural process of evolution.

If we consider that, why does Konami Facebook and Twitter give constant reminders of the classics?

Simple Answer, Reboot sounds more presentable than alternate universe, Something comic books have been doing for ages, yet the original incarnation keep going.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2011, 06:21:39 AM »
What are you getting at exactly? The game is a reboot whetever you like it or not.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 06:41:16 AM »
What are you getting at exactly? The game is a reboot whetever you like it or not.

I'm getting that you should look at Marvel and DC, they have literately thousands of alternate universes, Ultimate Marvel being a big one.
My point is that If Konami clearly keeps bringing up the classic titles, do you think their gonna end it? No
Konami just wanted to try something new and knew it couldn't fit in the Main Timeline, so they made a new one, they did this before already.
Comics and Movies have done this countless of times, why can't games do the same?

It's mostly a case of fans wanting something new, but when they get it its too new for them, so they complain and assume thier familiar franchise is doomed.
but we gotta remember one thing, its Konami not Capcom

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2011, 06:47:54 AM »
I think Kamui Zero's on to something.

Basically, the normal Castlevania will keep going, but at the same time, CV: LoS will continue as well. As typical of the various Marvel and DC stuff that eventually gets old cuz they keep rebooting the various superheroes.

Yeah, LoS isn't totally Castlevania, but that's no reason to call it a disgrace. The game stands well on its own. Despite my love for HD, I think that game is more deserving of the title, since yeah, it was pretty much a copout.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2011, 07:16:53 AM »
Basically, the normal Castlevania will keep going, but at the same time, CV: LoS will continue as well. As typical of the various Marvel and DC stuff that eventually gets old cuz they keep rebooting the various superheroes

If there was actually evidence of Konami adopting the conventions used by comic books I might agree, but there isn't. It's wishfull thinking and thats all.What they have done though is make it pretty clear that they consider the traditions of pre LOS castlevania to be unprofitable & It doesn't take a genius to figure out what that means.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2011, 07:26:45 AM »
If there was actually evidence of Konami adopting the conventions used by comic books I might agree, but there isn't. It's wishfull thinking and thats all.What they have done though is make it pretty clear that they consider the traditions of pre LOS castlevania to be unprofitable & It doesn't take a genius to figure out what that means.

ಠ_ಠ

Horrid truth arises...

Well, as Aramek put it best... "Oh, well."
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2011, 07:52:17 AM »
They wanted a less "effeminate" soundtrack

Please tell me they lied when they said that. Please.

Yeah, LoS isn't totally Castlevania, but that's no reason to call it a disgrace. The game stands well on its own. Despite my love for HD, I think that game is more deserving of the title, since yeah, it was pretty much a copout.

If a game is ambitious enough to attach to it the name "Castlevania," then it shouldn't alienate anyone as it is doing to a lot of fans. No matter how many times I try to step back and judge LoS as a game in and of itself (and in that respect, it is a good little game), putting the "Castlevania" name on it results in a ton of added expectations that it fails to live up to. And by expectations I don't mean "WHOAMFG ALUCARD SIMON SYMPHONY LOL." The references to other games are forced, the high gothic atmosphere that makes Castlevania so beautiful is only communicated through in-your-face religion and said forced references to other games, and the soundtrack is woefully generic. The name "Castlevania" can't keep the game itself from feeling a little bland, but when it is added the game falls under its weight. 
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2011, 08:34:49 AM »
I agree with ms. lepsi, but the LoS fanboys will become enraged if we continue to point out it's faults... hehe

b-but guys I enjoyed LoS too but even I can see a lot of CV's most attractive attributes were missing from it
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:37:45 AM by Crisis »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »
What if the 25th Anniversary game is, in fact, the Alucardvania in that TGS teaser a few years ago? IGA has been awfully quiet for the last few years. The work that went into creating Harmony of Despair must've been minimal, so he's had PLENTY of time working on something in secret. Konami cannot be so damn ignorant that they didn't start planning the anniversary until only recently. It makes no sense.

There is still a possibility that they announce something HUGE that's been in the making for years. The Alucardvania definitely comes to mind. It was never really cancelled. Maybe Konami just said to IGA: "Hey, keep working on this game cause it needs to be EPIC. Meanwhile we'll release Lords of Shadow. Also, copy/paste something and release it on XBLA so no one suspects anything. Everyone has forgotten about the TGS teaser by now, and if someone asks we say nothing. Not yet."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2011, 09:53:32 AM »
"Alucardvania" was never canceled... it just wasn't greenlit. That game is a lost cause now.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
Ew, HoD PSN. If that's the anniversary project then Konami really dropped the ball.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2011, 12:02:52 PM »
I agree as much as I want to play HoD on PSN it better not be the 25 anniversary.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
Ew, HoD PSN. If that's the anniversary project then Konami really dropped the ball.
Harmony of Despair PSN is already announced. It's not that.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »
If you're gonna address HD, address HD as in Harmony of Despair, HD is the Official initials
HoD is Harmony of Dissonance. Quit getting it confused!

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2011, 02:54:20 PM »
I want to play HD as much as the last guy, but it'd be very dissapointing if it was the anniversary game since that wouldn't really fill our bowls.

If you're gonna address HD, address HD as in Harmony of Despair, HD is the Official initials
HoD is Harmony of Dissonance. Quit getting it confused!
Kinda funny how they keep calling it HoD, huh?
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Tags: