Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo of Blood on the 3DS?  (Read 26696 times)

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
Re: Rondo of Blood on the 3DS?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2011, 08:36:18 PM »

Rondo's major flaw was the control on richter beeing too stiff, at times I felt like the NES games were more smooth.
This is probably why the stiff Controls Died with Rondo too as Bloodlines delivered Smooth controls and also one of the most Badass CV titles out there.
Oh and this is also why most people just switch to maria, since she was more smooth and she could dodge everything.

Richter didn't feel too stiff in RoB, least to me. The only time he actually did felt stiff was in Dracula X.

I think the main problem was by the time rondo came out, people are way too used to SCV IV's controls that they tend to look down on it in some way. Not to mention SCV IV is basicly the SotN of the classicvanias, being both a good game and highly overrated.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2011, 08:52:31 PM »
Richter didn't feel too stiff in RoB, least to me. The only time he actually did felt stiff was in Dracula X.

I think the main problem was by the time rondo came out, people are way too used to SCV IV's controls that they tend to look down on it in some way. Not to mention SCV IV is basicly the SotN of the classicvanias, being both a good game and highly overrated.

Why is Bloodlines in the shadows? IV may have been the SoTN of Classicvania, but Bloodlines is #2, they controls are smooth and Yet again, the challange doesn't involve being Scared shitless of Falling of cliffs.

My point was that saying a game has stiff controls because of an 8-bit limitation is bullshit.

And yes, the game controls are stiff by choice. Just open your eyes to the way that the first game is designed: it's very obvious by the level designs and enemy move patterns that the controls are the way they are for a reason. Castlevania plays the way it does just as Contra plays the way it does; swap the controls in both games but keep everything else the same and you have broken games.

Your mention of Simon's Quest doesn't really have a place in this discussion because we're talking game controls. SQ is in many ways experimental, and I guess one could say flawed, though I personally adore it. Compared to the first game, yeah, the level designs are lazy, the strategy is missing, and the controls aren't custom-fit for the game, it just takes the way the first game controls and slaps it in bizarre levels. But again, we're talking controoooools, and it's obvious by the way that Castlevania I, III, and Rondo are designed that these controls are intentional.

The point is Intentions, and My point is that not all members of konami work on every game, AND Akumajo Dracula first released 3 years after the Famicom, tell me, how many developers have a full understanding of hardware and software of consoles 3 years after the releas of the console, NONE!

the only reason the other castlevania games followed up with the controls is because of the success of the first game.

Your talking Hardware limitations which isn't possible, I'm talking Developer limitations, and its highly probable speaking how early gaming was and above stuff.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2011, 08:59:48 PM »
Why is Bloodlines in the shadows? IV may have been the SoTN of Classicvania, but Bloodlines is #2, they controls are smooth and Yet again, the challange doesn't involve being Scared shitless of Falling of cliffs.

Not many people find bloodlines as interesting as IV. and i think the #2 spot belongs to RoB, least that's what i think when reading some past opinions. So in a way, Bloodlines is way overshadowed by the more popular SCV IV and RoB.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »
Not many people find bloodlines as interesting as IV. and i think the #2 spot belongs to RoB, least that's what i think when reading some past opinions. So in a way, Bloodlines is way overshadowed by the more popular SCV IV and RoB.
true, IV being "the Best" in many peoples eyes and RoB having a legacy of leading up to SoTN.
Bloodlines both had a silent release as well as being overshadowed by the two giants.

Arguement Aside, If Konami would release RoB to the 3DS, it would be wise to do a Dracula X Cronicles + deal where you get Chronicles too with arrange modes utilizing the 3d Aspects.
this or a Newly updated SoTN with Widescreen and a Bottom screen Map, that way it doesn't feel like a "here you go, shut up" feel to it.

SNES and Genesis Games should also have an eshop debut since the 3ds is fully capable of playing those too,I would also say the N64, but it would require the touch screen to replicate some buttons.

I hope one day that Ninendo and the devs could cook up something cool for us americans like Zelda Disk version in English, all 3 Japanese Castlevania games in english and stuff along those lines.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »
The 3DS needs Neo Geo Pocket Color and Wonderswan shit in its VC, dammit.

Or just a Match of the Millenium remake.

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2011, 09:18:19 PM »
The 3DS needs Neo Geo Pocket Color and Wonderswan shit in its VC, dammit.

I'd kill for wonderswan games to be ported to the 3DS.
Arguement Aside, If Konami would release RoB to the 3DS, it would be wise to do a Dracula X Cronicles + deal where you get Chronicles too with arrange modes utilizing the 3d Aspects.
this or a Newly updated SoTN with Widescreen and a Bottom screen Map, that way it doesn't feel like a "here you go, shut up" feel to it.

Although that sounds like a nice idea, it'd feel a little dull just to get a rerelease of a game that already exists on another console. Plus it might stir up some licensing issues that will prevent konami from porting SotN to the 3DS. Though its more likely that we'll see RoB in VC form again.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2011, 02:15:25 PM »
Or just a Match of the Millenium remake.

Day 1 purchase from me if it ever happened.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2011, 03:55:13 PM »
Day 1 purchase from me if it ever happened.

Seriously! With all the fighting game stuff going on nowadays, Capcom and SNK really need to team up again.

A CvS3 with the SF4 engine would fucking rock.

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »
Seriously! With all the fighting game stuff going on nowadays, Capcom and SNK really need to team up again.

I am so up for another CvS game with SFIV's engine. That'll rock my socks off.

Offline Kusanagi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Not even the legend of Belmont can withstand time
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2011, 05:43:21 PM »
CVS? Oh yeah that would be awesome! That and reverting Kyo's moveset back to what it was from the first 2 CVS games (KOF12-13 reverted him to his original KOF94 moveset, which was kinda off for me)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2011, 07:56:44 PM »

I completely agree. SFxT is really cool, but what I crave is another CVS. CVS2 is one of the greatest fighters of all time, in my opinion. It offered so much love from both sides. If they can follow up with an improvement on that, then we have pure gaming gold.

It will also force Capcom to make a SF game with multiple supers again. Oh how I miss having more than one super available in combat.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
Those CvS titles were good as gold. I think having the Capcom characters done in the graphical style of SNK really made them stand out and were impressive to see. Just the way SNK does their sprite coloring really brings out an entirely new dimension on spriting.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2011, 11:57:17 PM »
Those CvS titles were good as gold. I think having the Capcom characters done in the graphical style of SNK really made them stand out and were impressive to see. Just the way SNK does their sprite coloring really brings out an entirely new dimension on spriting.
I think you're confusing SvC for CvS.
But yea, the CvS titles where the best fighting games i've ever played. And the sprites were really awesome. The only thing that irked me was that they just imported morrigan's sprite from darkstalkers into CvS and it didn't really blend well with the other sprites.
Though if there's no sequel, then they should at least port CvS2 to the PS3 and 360 and give it online multiplayer. It'd somewhat be much better than MvC2, least in my opinion.

lawl, we're WAY offtopic.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »
CvS2 was awesome, CPS3 style with SNK character Art, truly Epic...
SvC Chaos was great too, The characters and PvP were good, but it suffered from Supremely Broken AI.

I would love to see a SvC2 done in KoFXIII Hires sprites and such, it would be a Beautiful game all and all.

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2011, 12:13:48 AM »
What irked me about SvC was the music. It was too bland and loud. Not to mention it never suited the area you were in. The gameplay is basicly KoF's, except with a super meter that gives you unlimited supers once filled. Also engrish.

What i'd really want is a CvS3, now that would be awesome. But the only way we can see that is if Capcom signs a contract with SNK again.

Tags:

anything