Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Next generation of consoles will be the last"  (Read 6354 times)

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: "Next generation of consoles will be the last"
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 01:55:09 AM »
The next generation of consoles will be the last. ...After which, the city of the seven hills will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge his people. The End.

For some reason the only thing that came to mind as being able to stop the gen after next gen was not open platforms or mobile gaming, but the end of the world.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 11:49:57 PM »
PCs themselves are going to be replaced, for many people, by increasingly mobile devices (enjoy ur radiatronz).

The amount of power that will be available will be pretty staggering:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/246190/nvidia_gaming_systems_to_reach_tens_of_teraflops_by_2019.html

Some other benchmarks of computing power:
- In 1997, Intel's first teraflop system took up an entire room of cabinets filled with Pentium IIs.  Now they have a 50-core chip about the size of current large flat-form CPUs which can reach a teraflop by itself.
- When it's finished in 2013, the Titan supercomputer (an upgrade of the Jaguar supercomputer) may be more capable than the dozen or more current supercomputers combined.

Offline GypsyGrifter

• SUPER KAWAII DESU~
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Me Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 12:12:55 AM »
Well, saying the next generation of consoles will be the last seems very silly at this point, especially since the next generation is only barely over the horizon at this point. And as someone in this topic said themselves, it's nice to sit down in front of the TV, and hook up your game systems and play. It's the only way that I really like it. Sure, I'll play games on PC from time to time, but I can really only do RPGs. Playing anything else with the keyboard is just too complicated for me, and it doesn't feel right. I guess you could say "Get a PC controller" but since there's no specific controller for the PC, like there is for each console, it won't quite feel right on a lot of games. Maybe I'm just old school though, I have an Xbox360 with plenty of games, but all I ever really play is the good ol' SNES and NES. If everyone else is fine with PC gaming, then that's their thing.

And as for mobile gaming. Pbbft. That's a laugh. AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Good one! Oh..... you're.....serious? Eww.
Stuff.

Offline crimsonmist

• the fate of a fallen hunter
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 04:45:04 PM »
i would have to hate the next gen being the last. if that were the case then after that there would be no more consoles really dedicated to gaming whereas the pc's have a variety of non-gaming purposes i don't need, i don't really care for pc games with massively multiplayer/online gameplay and i want console games to which i can stick
GAME OVER

Tags:

anything