Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Let's Talk Fire Emblem Awakening  (Read 4341 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:04:41 AM »
+1
okay so as we all know Fire emblem was released a few days ago and I just want to ask who has this at the dungeon, or who plans on getting it,  if you had any problems getting it, the pro and cons what your team is like where your at in the game that kind of stuff, and dlc.

So I'll start off.

Gamestop was ridiculous but a good man was able to get me a copy of the art book but I had to get it somewhere else other wise I would have to wait a while to get it  :(

pros and cons

the pros alot of replay value and such and I really dig this double system at first I was like ehh but got use to it around to it by the third or fourth chapter, the supports are really quick in this game and are really funny to read  ;D
the streetpass characters man being able to use florina, serra, and the other fe7 characters are really something not only that it seems that other fe characters will be put into the mix for instance I can recruit moulder from ff8 deep down I really want to recruit lilina and leaf or celice if given the chance

the dlc man being able to hear the famicom music on the first dlc stage was man....awesome

the cons the street pass characters man some of them are crazy hard to obtain, Nino's team destroyed me. And well that for me is the only problem ATM

My team Atm is Belmont(it was going to be n belmont but ehh.) me, Chrom,Sumia, pr.marth, sully,Kellam,ricken,cordelia, and virion.

As for my s supports I got Chrom with Suvia because it felt right, sully with kellam whic I did not see coming it kind of just happened, and as for me I chose Lissa . She hit me like a hammer and I knew that she was the one also she comes off as very perky  :P

Right now I'm on chapter 10 and paralouge 4.
okay that is me for right now how about you all?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 09:43:48 AM »
+1
I didn't have any problems getting a hold of the title, but I also had an insider pick it up for me from the big 'N'.

My next mission is Chapter 5, but I'm going to beat up all these Risen dudes that have spawned, because grinding.

I'm loving it so far, really reminds me of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (with Fredrick being OP as hell, much like Seth!).

Only con I can think of, is the game has a "Casual" mode. Screw that noise, this is Fire Emblem, your dudes die, they die! Learn2Strategy. Though I can understand "Classic" mode may be daunting for first timers...

I'm currently using HIROSHI (main guy), Chrom, Fredrick, Sully, Kellam, Lissa, Lon'Qu, Miriel, Stahl

I have HIROSHI x Sully, Lissa x Kellam (so much DEF BOOST) and everyone just kind of wanders around on their own.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »
I didn't have any problems getting a hold of the title, but I also had an insider pick it up for me from the big 'N'.

My next mission is Chapter 5, but I'm going to beat up all these Risen dudes that have spawned, because grinding.

I'm loving it so far, really reminds me of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (with Fredrick being OP as hell, much like Seth!).

Only con I can think of, is the game has a "Casual" mode. Screw that noise, this is Fire Emblem, your dudes die, they die! Learn2Strategy. Though I can understand "Classic" mode may be daunting for first timers...

I'm currently using HIROSHI (main guy), Chrom, Fredrick, Sully, Kellam, Lissa, Lon'Qu, Miriel, Stahl

I have HIROSHI x Sully, Lissa x Kellam (so much DEF BOOST) and everyone just kind of wanders around on their own.

I think I jumped the gun on difficulty I keep getting bit on the butt by the RNG My guys get killed when there is only 30-40% chances and stuff that's one of the only times I reset or when I make a mistake by accident like pressing a button and they stay there, not only that but I underestimated how difficult lv wise these guys are in the sense it is like sacred stones I recall when I first got fire emblem 7 I really did not lose anyone, but on sacred stones due to lack of lv. my people were falling at an unacceptable rate so yes sometimes I do restart it but that rng 39% hit-rate and it  actually hits come on that is some bs.

Yeah in fe I really do not like to grind but I see now that I have to. I do not liike resetting takes away the experience.

Yes when I lose people I restart but this barely happens unless dumb shit occurs but sometimes I do just go on  . fe7 I think once or twice I do not die at all in this game anymore except hardmode(the arena trick with ninian helps but I did that only once to get geitz on normal), fe8 due to lack of lv sometimes not a whole lot but still, path of radiance I think twice once with jill and astrid I killed shion I was like forget you, shadow dragon those balistas killed me most of the time low hit rate but dang...

I think after I beat it I'll try again but this time if they fall they fall even if rng gets me but I will have to grind.

Sully huh I can imagine she has a mouth like a sailor

hmm I wonder if it's like fe4 for the superfamicom in that you have a kid that fight later on or something.
(click to show/hide)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
Well, in the first Paralogue when you're defending the city, if you level up the farmer boy before the end of the fight he joins your team. My little bro says he gains stats like crazy so I think I might switch out Stahl for him.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 04:16:17 PM »
Well, in the first Paralogue when you're defending the city, if you level up the farmer boy before the end of the fight he joins your team. My little bro says he gains stats like crazy so I think I might switch out Stahl for him.

Yes he does he's like the nino of this game gain levels very quickly also his special ability  called aptitude iirc grants him "20% to each stat odds of increasing at level up" marth also has this also and is much more east to level up. I recommend taking out the jagen(Fred) to much of a exp hog good shield but exp hog.

Also the new dlc came out last night but beware dlc 3 is not playable yet trust me I know  :'(
(click to show/hide)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 05:06:18 PM »
+2
I got my FE 3DS bundle today(because gamestop just got it in today) but am only on chapter 3. I would be playing now but my sister wanted to start a game. I'm excited to use FE4 characters in the dlc and whatnot. I'm also playing on hard if anyone was wondering.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:09:44 PM by GuyStarwind »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »
I got my FE 3DS bundle today(because gamestop just got it in today) but am only on chapter 3. I would be playing now but my sister wanted to start a game. I'm excited to use FE4 characters in the dlc and whatnot. I'm also playing on hard if anyone was wondering.

cool I'm super happy that i can use fe7 characters

And yeah I chose hard because I am not a newcomer

Who do you plan to S-support?

Just to let ya know there are three dlc pack out now the third cannot be played yet, the 1 is free, the second is 2.50, third comes in the bundle will be sold separately most likely.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 08:36:51 PM »
I have a question about supports do they have a limit like in the gba ones? I do not think so. I think there was only five I think.
(click to show/hide)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 09:28:50 PM »
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I'm going to pair my unit with Tharja(spelling is probably off) and I believe you can have as many supports as you want but only one S support. I think that's how it works.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
You'd think an old-school FE fan like me would be all over this, but...I don't have the money for a 3ds ;_; That, and I'm not as into FE as I used to be...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 08:47:39 PM »
You'd think an old-school FE fan like me would be all over this, but...I don't have the money for a 3ds ;_; That, and I'm not as into FE as I used to be...

It's been four years since we had a fe join us  ;D

let me ask a q

who are some of your favorite males and females.
(click to show/hide)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 09:01:45 AM »
I've only really played Sacred Stones and Awakening but I remember liking Ephram and Seth a lot of Sacred Stones.

So far I'm loving Lon'qu too. The myrmidon class has always been one of my favorites.

Offline Kramgnauh

• Scared newbie...
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 12:04:33 PM »
Argh!! Only a few days left for my bundle to arrive! Need this game so badly T^T

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 01:35:37 AM »
yep there are kids in the game kind of like fe 4 need that s-support
(click to show/hide)

Tags: fire emblem 

anything